YesNoOk

Johnny Cage,a character from mortal kombat,released (Read 11438 times)

Started by Erroratu, August 09, 2012, 04:52:18 pm
Share this topic:
Johnny Cage,a character from mortal kombat,released
#1  August 09, 2012, 04:52:18 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
http://www.mediafire.com/?6i58hmul9x2ajf5
Johnny Cage,beta,has been released,get him on the little blue link above this text.
feedback highly appreciated.

Oh and sorry for the detailed title,im trying to avoid the ~oh i was thinking this was~ posts.
Re: Johnny Cage,a character from mortal kombat,released
#2  August 09, 2012, 05:03:43 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/

nut punch is an easy infinite

was able to pull this off by spamming shadow uppercut, may or may not be an infinite

most of the basics seem all off, namely the uppercut not even finishing the animation and abruptly going back to crouch

#3  August 09, 2012, 05:05:50 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
nutpunch should not hit the opponent who is already stunned by it....or i forgot to add that.
anyway,will fix the uppercut animation.
#4  August 09, 2012, 09:45:24 pm
    • Netherlands
mk1 cage is my fav version thx for sharing and good luck on smoothing his gameplay grts  :sugoi:
#5  August 09, 2012, 10:00:40 pm
  • For honor!
* His head should be in the center of his small portrait

* The transition into a 6 button character does not work at all. There are multiple instances of repeated animations in different strength punches and kicks only it hits harder which is not how basics of different strengths work.

* Those gethits need some correcting. He even disappears in some of his gethit animations.

* You somehow misaligned his crouching punches when all he does is move his arm in the animation. How...Why...What?!

* The animation timings are all wrong. A lot of frames appear to be on 10s, the fighter factory default and it makes many of his animations slow and jerky. Animget or perfectly record and view original game footage frame by frame can help.

* Every basic appears to have the same knockback value which is hardly any at all. The jumping kicks don't even knock the opponent down. Not only does it make all the attacks look equally weak, it can also result in infinites and unfair rushdowns and stuff.

* The CLSN needs quite a bit of work. Like, the standing animation is comprised of a big blue box that mutates in size and position with every frame. You could just CLSN default the first box you know. Not only that, but all moves appear to have absolutely no blue CLSN to go with the red, resulting in infinite priority. Here's a tutorial http://kod.trinitymugen.net/K.O.D%27s_Basic_CLSN_Tutorial.html

* You appear to use the animation for the shadow uppercut's jumping aspect. Don't. Use Velsets for the going upward and a constant veladd for the gravity with a change into the landing state as Cage approaches y pos 0.

* And there's other things that I really am not sure how to get into because this is a really early beta, like the lack of blood/own hitsparks and how very unfinished his throw is. Anyways this is the best I got now.

Iroha stripped for me
#6  August 09, 2012, 10:01:01 pm
  • "Let Us Cling Together."
Been waiting for this! And MKII Johnny Cage~!
#7  August 09, 2012, 10:18:24 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
also it doesn't seem like his .sff supports palettes at all
#8  August 11, 2012, 06:15:33 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
This is my first character,so i see i did a lot of things wrong.
Hopefully ill manage to fix all those things soon.
anyway thanks for the feedback