YesNoOk

Ryu and Gouki (3-17-13 update) (Read 128034 times)

Started by mwryly, September 05, 2012, 10:48:27 am
Share this topic:

Poll

My first character

Dudley (SF3)
10 (15.2%)
Gen (SFA)
48 (72.7%)
Captain Commando (MVC -- Mix of MVC and Warusaki's version)
4 (6.1%)
Yun (SF3)
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: March 21, 2013, 04:58:36 pm

Ryu and Gouki (3-17-13 update)
#1  September 05, 2012, 10:48:27 am
    • Philippines
    • tayo_619@yahoo.com
I edited this characters so they can somehow catch up to those new characters(mostly POTS style) that are well balanced and because I want them to resemble Street fighter 4 basic gameplays like linking and juggling.

EDIT: 3-17-13 Update: Finally updated again. A few fixes and updates here and there. And Hopefully I can put the updating to a close to make way for making my first character. And yeah, Enjoy!! :D   

A lot of thanks to Knuckles8864 for the superb lvl 3 super
Also to SolidZone26, MC2, Catinbag, and to those who posted feedback and everyone in this forum.

Screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Video Preview:

Download 3-17-13:
Ryu 1-31-13
Gouki 1-31-13

1-30-13 Update:

1-12-13 Updates:
Note: Some combos shown in the preview vids no longer work anymore.

12-30-12 Updates:

10-9-12 Updates:

Ryu by POTS
Rebalanced(mostly nerfed) and Updated

Full Changes and Details:

Gouki by POTS

Downgraded version of POTS's Shin Gouki with SF4 and MV3 influences

Full Changes and Details

Other things to know:
Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:27:35 pm by mwryly
Re: Ryu and Gouki
#2  September 05, 2012, 11:11:12 am
ah quite a work you've done here sir. anyway good job.
#3  September 05, 2012, 11:13:20 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Pretty interesting update/edit to these very well known characters. :)
Will test asap.
#4  September 05, 2012, 12:48:48 pm
nice it's a bit stricter than the original it feels like i'm playing a capcom game.

evil ryu's intro against gouki/shin gouki isn't working.

ryu lvl 1 supers is too weak.
gouki's Messatsu Gou Hadou Agyo and Tenma Gou Zankuu Agyo are too weak for a lvl 2 super i can inflict the same amount of damage using ex Gou Shouryuu Ken.
Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 05:24:16 pm by 地獄の花
#5  September 05, 2012, 07:48:50 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Shin Gouki`s EX moves doesn`t works...
#6  September 05, 2012, 07:54:25 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#7  September 05, 2012, 08:47:09 pm
  • Raging Fist
This is awesome!
I love the new moves you added, PLUS there are 2 versions for Gouki!
Dude You are awesome!
However, I suggest you Increase the AI skill abit on Ryu, and bosslike for Gouki both forms with Evil Ryu.
Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:50:46 pm by Flowrellik
#8  September 05, 2012, 09:09:42 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Reason Evil Ryu/Gouki intro isn't working is because the name was changed from "Shin Gouki" to "Gouki." Also the author's name was changed too.
If I were you, I would just put under the author "Editor: "mwryly", or get rid of it, so the it doesn't collide with anything at all.

Ryu
Does not do either intros with Evil Ryu (see Gouki problem for answer)

Evil Ryu
Can repeat Metsu Shoryuu Ken infinitely (try in practice mode, and you'll see what I mean)

Shin Gouki/Akuma
Punch sound made when Shun Goku Satsu grabs enemy, instead of just a grab sound, like Gouki.
Does not have red clones coming from behind like Evil Ryu.

Overall, really cool edits, best Gouki edit we've ever had, and Ryu's has a nice change too.
Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:13:25 pm by Knuckles8864
#9  September 05, 2012, 09:23:18 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
LP Zanku hadoken on normal Gouki has a very strange angle...
#10  September 06, 2012, 03:24:58 am
  • Raging Fist
actually thats the official street fighter 4 Zanku Hadoken.
He's basing the edits from Street fighter 4.
Also, that stand Tenma Zanku attack, you might want to remove that.
As for AI, Take a look at Betheran's Akuma Good Ghost character for reference on AI.
#11  September 06, 2012, 04:46:25 am
AI doesn't make a character unless you get everything as good as you can.

I would take a look at any PotS characters AI for a more "PotS feel", like Cammy or E. Honda, since BeterHans' Akuma's AI is.... shall I say "parry-happy." (No offense at all.)
#12  September 06, 2012, 04:59:16 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
I'm not sure if this will work, but I'm wondering if I download the originals for winmugen and use only ceartin files off of these two if i could make your updates work in my winmugen ... I'm still stuck on winmugen I know it's rediculous but I just am like an old man stuck on my ways ... too lazy to completely switch ... all my stages mods to characters etc. ...
#13  September 06, 2012, 06:06:26 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
oooh neat

Ryu:
  • Tenma Kujin Kyaku can be performed during a small jump, which is not possible in CvS2
  • The super sparks for SGS lack one of the explods that make up the spark (it's the center one)
  • Any particular reason EX Shoryuken uses some headswaped Shinryuken sprites?
  • The purple additions to the hitsparks during Shin Shoryuken look kinda out of place to me.
  • The final hitsound for Shin Shoryuken doesn't really fit in with the preceding hitsounds
Gouki:
  • (Normal mode) standing far kick slides forward too much, IMO
  • The sound that plays when a Zanku Hadoken hits the ground is really unfitting; I would recommend using the same one CvS2 used
  • That nifty aura that appears during Shin Gouki's taunt also appears for normal Gouki, but it doesn't really fit. Also, normal Gouki's taunt can still hit and OTG which seems like a Shin only kind of thing
  • Tenma Kujin Kyaku can be performed during a small jump, which is not possible in CvS2
  • The super sparks for SGS lack one of the explods that make up the spark (it's the center one)
  • The FX that appears during HP and above Shoryuken is too much for just a regular Shoryuken, IMO

I'm not sure if this will work, but I'm wondering if I download the originals for winmugen and use only ceartin files off of these two if i could make your updates work in my winmugen
Nope, not at all. Stop being lazy. :P
#14  September 06, 2012, 09:28:09 am
    • Philippines
    • tayo_619@yahoo.com
Oh, sorry. I've been editing these characters in a rush that I didn't notice how the author name could affect their intros.

I won't be reuploading these guys for a while cause my PC's busted recently.

Minor problems should be fixed up by yourselves such as the author name. But I'll do the best as I can to fix those problems in the shortest time I can manifest

ryu lvl 1 supers is too weak.
gouki's Messatsu Gou Hadou Agyo and Tenma Gou Zankuu Agyo are too weak for a lvl 2 super i can inflict the same amount of damage using ex Gou Shouryuu Ken.

I really hate it when supers drain out a lot of Life because IMO, it's rather cheap xD.
Evil Ryu
Can repeat Metsu Shoryuu Ken infinitely (try in practice mode, and you'll see what I mean)

Does it work if the power bar isn't infinite like in training mode??

Other problems mention shall not be overlooked

And yeah, Thanks a lot, for your positive feedbacks :D
#15  September 06, 2012, 11:24:46 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Haven't tested yet, but did you update over POTS' vanilla version of Ryu, or did you update over Jmorphman's version, which included compatibility with his Ken, for Team Supers ?
Might be nice including these too, if you haven't already.
#16  September 06, 2012, 11:36:00 pm
If Evil Ryu had more power, say 4000 power for instance, you could still repeat it again and again.  Other than that, it's not noticeable outside of training mode.

Also, I noticed when both versions of Gouki does the foot stomp/aura win pose, the screen does not shake for Shin version, while the sound for Normal still plays.

And to answer Doppelganger's question, Jmorphman's version.
Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 11:42:36 pm by Knuckles8864
#17  September 07, 2012, 08:39:36 am
    • Philippines
    • tayo_619@yahoo.com
oooh neat

Ryu:
  • Any particular reason EX Shoryuken uses some headswaped Shinryuken sprites?
  • The purple additions to the hitsparks during Shin Shoryuken look kinda out of place to me.
  • The final hitsound for Shin Shoryuken doesn't really fit in with the preceding hitsounds
Gouki:
  • (Normal mode) standing far kick slides forward too much, IMO
  • The sound that plays when a Zanku Hadoken hits the ground is really unfitting; I would recommend using the same one CvS2 used
  • That nifty aura that appears during Shin Gouki's taunt also appears for normal Gouki, but it doesn't really fit. Also, normal Gouki's taunt can still hit and OTG which seems like a Shin only kind of thing
  • The FX that appears during HP and above Shoryuken is too much for just a regular Shoryuken, IMO

I'm not sure if this will work, but I'm wondering if I download the originals for winmugen and use only ceartin files off of these two if i could make your updates work in my winmugen
Nope, not at all. Stop being lazy. :P

-I'll have to fix that
-I failed to notice, I'll have it fixed
-I just feel like it to use different sprites. I guess it looked a little too much
-I didn't remove or modify its code from the original Ryu.
-Do you prefer for it to be a simple punch sound?

-That's the best i can do for the stand HK hits to connect when linking
-I didn't change that sound from the original Shin Gouki. Do you mean the blocking sound?
-I'll fix the OTG part but do you prefer for normal Gouki to have no aura on his taunt??
-I'll fix that too
-I'll have that fixed too
-I just like to add some FX to that shoryuken. maybe I'll shrunk it down if that's what you want

If Evil Ryu had more power, say 4000 power for instance, you could still repeat it again and again.  Other than that, it's not noticeable outside of training mode.

Also, I noticed when both versions of Gouki does the foot stomp/aura win pose, the screen does not shake for Shin version, while the sound for Normal still plays.

And to answer Doppelganger's question, Jmorphman's version.

I didn't notice that Metsu Shoryuken can be repeated on hit. I'll have that fixed and the win pose as well.

I failed to mention this before but MSG Agyo and TGZ Agyo does more damage in point blank. It's more likely for the projectile not to hit on greater distances.

Shin Gouki/Akuma
Punch sound made when Shun Goku Satsu grabs enemy, instead of just a grab sound, like Gouki.
Does not have red clones coming from behind like Evil Ryu.

Grab sound on SGS sounds like a grab sound to me
I'm sorry I didn't get what you mean on the red clones??
#18  September 07, 2012, 09:58:31 am
Grab sound on SGS sounds like a grab sound to me
I'm sorry I didn't get what you mean on the red clones??

When it's Normal mode, it's fine, but I've tried SGS with Shin multiple times, a couple of times the sound's there, most of the time it's not, but I swear, it's there.
And I meant in the Shin Gouki vs. Evil Ryu Intro, he doesn't have the LV3 Shadows, as Evil Ryu does, sorry for the confusion.

#19  September 07, 2012, 06:24:16 pm
  • Raging Fist
Idk if this is helping, but I did manage to do color separation for both gouki and Evil Ryu from their Hadous-Auras.
If you want Knuckles I can send them over.
#20  September 07, 2012, 09:01:03 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
-Do you prefer for it to be a simple punch sound?
I think it needs a big, impactful hitsound. Hmm. Maybe you (or someone who's good with this kind of thing) applied reverb to the regular heavy punch hitsound.

-I didn't change that sound from the original Shin Gouki. Do you mean the blocking sound?
No, I mean when the projectile hits the ground. It's the same sound as the one in PotS's version but it sounds weird there too. I dunno why PotS didn't just use the CvS2 one. :-\

-I'll fix the OTG part but do you prefer for normal Gouki to have no aura on his taunt??
Well I think normal Gouki not having the aura makes more sense; if only Shin Gouki has it, it makes him more special and boss-like.

-I just like to add some FX to that shoryuken. maybe I'll shrunk it down if that's what you want
Well if you want it in there that;s all that matters in the end.