YesNoOk

SFIIM Cyborg released!! (1.0 compatible) (Read 12520 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, September 26, 2012, 08:33:47 pm
Share this topic:
SFIIM Cyborg released!! (1.0 compatible)
#1  September 26, 2012, 08:33:47 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

It started just for fun and later became in something else, in a more solid character. My own version of the Shadaloo's robot from Street Fighter II Anime Movie, using Enscripture's sprite sheet and Layer's SFII' voice (modified) and sounds, and with 1.2X scale to fit most of regular characters. His base is Retro Ken, so expect some SFII gameplay and sparks + mandatory supers and stuff ;)

This is the first of various releases I'm preparing for soon, I got various characters close to finish, so it's time to pay some old debts. Meanwhile, enjoy this new shoto by B-kun :P

http://basara.mugen-infantry.net/
Chars -> Classic series

PS: Repaired XXX link, since Mediafire "censored" the link because of the name and it blocked it. Now I renamed the file as "Shadow.rar" (the char it's the same) and the link is get back to work again ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: SFIIM Cyborg released!! (1.0 compatible)
#2  September 26, 2012, 08:55:42 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Great, thank you Basara!

Quick feedback... on 1.0 version...

Crouching weak kick sound is for strong kick...

What´s up with the sudden velocity boost on forward jump MP & HP air hadouken?

IMO Robot 2 is the best voice... Would be nice to have an option to choose the voice on all palettes.
#3  September 27, 2012, 06:21:40 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Does he play accurate to the SSF2 series or is he Basara style, I'm at work sop I cannot download or test but I will once I get home, I've been looking forward to playing with this guy for awhile...
#4  September 27, 2012, 07:16:10 pm
    • Chile
Thanks guys :D

Crouching weak kick sound is for strong kick...

What´s up with the sudden velocity boost on forward jump MP & HP air hadouken?

IMO Robot 2 is the best voice... Would be nice to have an option to choose the voice on all palettes.
-Hmmm, I must forgot to change that :P
-I didn't make that for AH, must be a 1.0 bug only. I'll see it and I'll fix it
-Originally I thought about just one voice, but later I decided to make that voice system :P Yeah, mayb I could make that option in future updates, I guess :P

Does he play accurate to the SSF2 series or is he Basara style
It has more SF2 style + some supers and some stuff I added that doesn't include in original versions (like dash/backdash, intro, taunt and air block)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#5  September 27, 2012, 07:22:22 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
Very nice, I can't wait to test him out this evening!
#6  September 27, 2012, 07:32:27 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
-Originally I thought about just one voice, but later I decided to make that voice system :P Yeah, mayb I could make that option in future updates, I guess :P

That would be very nice... btw... How about a Sentinel palette with Sentinel sound/voice?
#7  September 27, 2012, 07:34:05 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
If it helps I could take a ryu or ken voice and do a cyberish edit to so you have a full voicepack for the character ... ?

#8  September 27, 2012, 07:34:51 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
wait a minute, different palletes with different sounds?
#9  September 27, 2012, 07:36:20 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
I think palettes 1-6 should have one voice and 7-12 should have the other, and maybe slightly different moves or styles of gameplay depending on which set you choose ... sort of like pots ryu/evilryu
#10  September 27, 2012, 08:11:44 pm
Ness, did you even try this character? It already has Ken/Ryu sounds edited to sound "cyborg". So there is no need to do any such work, he already has 3 different sound sets that are that way.
#11  September 27, 2012, 08:18:56 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
I mentioned earlier I actually have not tried it out yet that I was looking forward to it, sorry about the confusion ssir.
#12  September 27, 2012, 08:48:00 pm
    • Chile
4, indeed. 3 in robot-like and 1 with reversed voice :P

That would be very nice... btw... How about a Sentinel palette with Sentinel sound/voice?
Wow, I didn't think in that, sounds so cool :D yeah, I guess I can do that later, probably as an add-on for the character ;)

#13  September 27, 2012, 10:44:17 pm
  • SWEET JUMPING CTHULHU ON A POGO STICK!!
Downloaded it, played it it's a great charachter, has a good balance of moves, good moves that actually work, A good alternative version of Ken!
I like it!!
EDIT: Sweet mother of Cthulu! HE GETS NO ENERGY! Seriously your lucky to get one super level during a whole 2 round match!! What is up with that!?

EDIT2: Wait who is he fighting in the second picture? Karateka?!
Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:50:36 pm by MrAdam
#14  September 28, 2012, 03:04:12 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
This character's nice, but he needs some work. Shinkuu Hadouken looks ugly and it passes through P2 without doing every hit in the corner. His big portrait also seems kind of off, I think it'd be better if it was downsized a bit. Tatsumaki leaves you at a massive disadvantage, he's much too floaty. Shippu Jinrei Kyaku doesn't combo correctly at all. On second thought, pretty much all of its sprites seem too up-sized, I think it'd be best if there was a separate CNS file for smaller sprites. I'm kind of curious why you made him call out his Zankuu Hadouken, why not just make him be silent like Akuma (usually) is? I'll continue posting as I get more feedback. This seems more like a public beta than a completed character, but whatever.

Posted: September 28, 2012, 05:27:52 pm
Also, his jumps seem way too floaty.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

Ax

#15  September 28, 2012, 07:03:44 pm
    • USA
I remember seeing this guy on youtube from that movie he wasn't in for some reason?

I like that the unreleased stuff is getting some love, we have so many ryus but nothing else of that other stuff, We need more original characters from the series.

congrats on your unique release.
Seek Truth
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#16  September 28, 2012, 07:05:04 pm
  • tired
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

DW

#17  September 28, 2012, 07:09:09 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I remember seeing this guy on youtube from that movie he wasn't in for some reason?

I believe the cyborgs are from the SF animated movie. Which also introduced Violent Ken(or, at least a variant of). The Cyborgs were scouting powerful fighters around the world for Bison to find. The movie is most memorable from the Chun-Li vs Vega fight, where she threw a couch at him lol.

Anyway, DLing now. I'll give some feedback in the near future.
#18  September 28, 2012, 07:42:03 pm
    • Chile
EDIT: Sweet mother of Cthulu! HE GETS NO ENERGY! Seriously your lucky to get one super level during a whole 2 round match!! What is up with that!?
EDIT2: Wait who is he fighting in the second picture? Karateka?!
-Really?? Hmmm, I'll see that then ;)
-I can say anything :lipsrsealed2:

This character's nice, but he needs some work. Shinkuu Hadouken looks ugly and it passes through P2 without doing every hit in the corner. His big portrait also seems kind of off, I think it'd be better if it was downsized a bit. On second thought, pretty much all of its sprites seem too up-sized, I think it'd be best if there was a separate CNS file for smaller sprites. I'm kind of curious why you made him call out his Zankuu Hadouken, why not just make him be silent like Akuma (usually) is? I'll continue posting as I get more feedback. This seems more like a public beta than a completed character, but whatever. Also, his jumps seem way too floaty.
About size, he's small for normal characters, so I made it with 1.2X scale to fit most of regular chars on MUGEN, similar treatment I did with my Final Fight 3 chars (Dean and Lucia). Same with his portrait, it was too small for the 120x140 size, so I made it 2X. The Air Hadouken (Zankuu stuff is more for Akuma, no for Cyborg) wasn't in the original plans but an old friend of mine (JeffPR) gave me the idea along with the edits, so I decided to use in the character, same case as Shin Shoryuken. About the floaty stuff, SF2 chars got that kind of yaccel, so basically I keep it for the SF2 feeling, so that's with a purpose.
All the other things you noticed will be fixed in a next update, thanks for the feedback ;)

I believe the cyborgs are from the SF animated movie.
Indeed, Group TAC (the studio that made SFIIM) is in the credits in my readme, so yeah, you guys are right about it ;) and yes, it was made before by Zion and Kamekaze (ShotoBorg), but I wasn't satisfied with both versions (which are good versions) so I made my own... and that was included in readme, too :P

Thanks to all for your comments, congrats, feedback and stuff :P

#19  September 28, 2012, 07:43:45 pm
  • tired
I feel like I'm the only one who noticed those things. It seems barely anybody gives feedback when people really need it, or I'm just in a hyperbolic again.
#20  September 28, 2012, 07:44:51 pm
    • Chile
No problem, in my case feedback is always welcome, that makes me improve more and more so I appretiated you considered those things ;)