YesNoOk

Portgas D. Ace (Gol D. Ace) (Read 21273 times)

Started by Ryon, September 12, 2012, 04:53:58 am
Share this topic:
Portgas D. Ace (Gol D. Ace)
#1  September 12, 2012, 04:53:58 am
  • "The Future is Now"
[Preview]

[Download]
http://www.mediafire.com/?47fn87cdd6d89x5

[Comment]
copied from read me.

Name : Portgas D. Ace or Gol D. Ace
Origin : One Piece
Devil Fruit : Mera Mera no Mi
Sprites : One Piece Gigant Battle (1 & 2)
Special Thanks to Grim for ripping them.

So this is my first One Piece character, I have much love for them after playing Unlimited Adventure on the Wii.
There movesets and personalities are hilarious, on top of that I'm currently watching the series from the start with my nephew, Truly an amazing anime.

I played Gigant Battle 2, And i know how most of the moves work, So I'm trying to incorporate them into MUGEN, I changed up his combo system a bit from the original game, but I think its more fun the way I have it and a bit more practical considering the change in nature of the game.

I'm giving Ace all I got in terms of quality, So please bare with me on releasing him.
Note the % you see next to the name of the moves represent the progress in there coding.

Move List
X - Light
Y - Strong
Z - Special
A - Not Used
B - Not Used
C - Not Used

Basic Combos
x, x, x, x
x, x, x, F+x
x, y, y, y
x, x, y, y, y
x, x, x, y, y, y
x, x, x, y, y, y, z, z

More or less, X and Y are sorta interchangeable X -> Y, and not the other way around, Z can also be thrown into the mix, but not as much.

In the air
X - Single Kick
Y - Back Flick Ariel Launcher
Z - Flame Attack

Just like in the official game I'm gonna include the diagonal moves as well.
Diagonal Fire Dash
F, U, x y or z
Diagonal Fire Arrows
F, D, x y or z

And his running move, You have to be running to do it.
Flame Charge - F,F,x or y or z

And his 3 supers from Gigant Battle 2. Which he probably has in Gigant Battle 1, but i'm using 2 as refernce.
Flame Fist
D, F, x

Cross Fire
D, F, y

Flame Monarch
D, F, z

Ace x Luffy team up
D, B, x

Ace x Whitebeard team up
D, B, y

I give Ace everything I got in me. And I LOVE how everything worked out in the end.
His sounds are accurate to his source, thats why some attacks are silent.

Special Thanks to Mugen Free For All, One Piece creators name I dont know.

PLEASE NOTE!
I HATE MAKING CHIBI CHARACTERS.
BUT THE REASON I'M SO GOOD AT MAKING THEM, IS BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE MESS THEM UP BADLY MORE THAN THEY ALREADY ARE.
AND I'M TALKING ABOUT THOSE IDIOTS WHO MAKE SUPER OVER POWERED AND CHEAT CHIBIS.

WHATS TO COME?
MAYBE A.I IF I LEARN HOW.
Re: Portgas D. Ace (Gol D. Ace)
#2  September 12, 2012, 11:25:39 am
  • Surgeon of Death
    • Turkey
really good char but my opinion you should use HD Effects and AI. if u will make its, this char will be awsome ^^

especially i like ur WB Helper ^^ Quake distribute to flames ^^ You thought a nice

keep it up ^^

btw what is ur next char ? again OP char or DBZ ?
#3  September 12, 2012, 11:49:29 am
  • "The Future is Now"
really good char but my opinion you should use HD Effects and AI. if u will make its, this char will be awsome ^^

especially i like ur WB Helper ^^ Quake distribute to flames ^^ You thought a nice

keep it up ^^

btw what is ur next char ? again OP char or DBZ ?

Thank you very much, WB super, took me a while to come up with, It made sense.
For him I think its best i did not use HD effects. It helps keep him original.
A.I. I will add later on.

Zoro is most likely my next character.

feedback from pm.
I have to say that I love him.

Feedback (because I prefer to give feedback through PM's):

- I think you should use a different large portrait for him because the one now looks bad when it's on p2's side (being flipped around and wanted being inverted.) Maybe you could just use the portrait he uses for team supers.

- I think it would be neat if you implemented the cut-ins the original game had, when anyone used a level 1 or 2 move. You did the level 3 animation so why not, plus it would add to the superpause (which right now is a little dull for his level 1 and 2.)

- Smoke from Hibashira follows him if he moves after using it (second special punch move.)

- I also think it would be better if you used the super sounds the original game made when you used lv 1/2, and level 3 supers, as it would also help liven up the superpause.

- Pressing start gives debug info for an invalid action.

That's all I got for now. I really loved what you did with him.

Any OP char made by you would be amazing, even if many others have made Luffy yours would blow them out of the water. Hope to see a lot more of them from you in the future.

- Need new picture, gotcha.

- The cut in's are ok, but there a tad ugly in my opinion thats why they arent in there.

- smoke on Hibashira fixed.

- I didnt think there was a sound for doing supers?

- fixed "start" debug error.

- fixed effect on air z, staying on him when hit.
#4  September 12, 2012, 02:20:03 pm
this is awesome i cant wait to see your zoro
#5  September 12, 2012, 04:21:00 pm
Regarding the super sounds, levels 1 and 2 in the original game had a sound effect upon inputting the command for it, and level 3's had that too, as well as a sound effect when the animated cut-in disappears.
#6  September 13, 2012, 09:10:31 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Some of it was already said, whatever ...

- Avoid using big portraits with text on them, or it looks silly on P2.
- No jump/landing sound. No walk or dash sound.
- z,z doesn't look much as a combo if the opponent can always recover in the middle.
- Aerial Z needs a woosh sound.
- I'm not fan of aerial attacks making Portgas go forward even if you're jumping backward. Doesn't look natural at all.
- Flame Charge is unguardable at point blank. You probably have a red CLSN on the 1st frame of the attack. Add more startup to it and don't put a red CLSN on the first frame.
- Both team up supers are lacking some noFG assertspecial at some point. FG appears during both moves while superBG is still on screen.
- Lacking superpause sound and FX. Because of that, supers really lack a "WOW effect" at startup.
#7  September 14, 2012, 01:58:47 am
  • "One pixel at a time..."
    • USA
    • Skype - omegabros6
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/zaibatsu
Well.. nice to see ace is released! now I gotta go test him! I'll give feedback later...

Where you can download my old MUGEN stuff
http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/zaibatsu
Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:05:01 am by Zaibatsu
#8  September 14, 2012, 02:18:38 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Wow that was quick!
I've got one issue with the character so far, on his Crossfire Special, the opponent's dizzy state uses Ace's Dizzy animation.
It shows up fine on most characters but for my ninja turtles and Skate and others who don't have the same sprite numbers during the animation they vanish then reappear throughout it.

Its as simple as altering the ChangeAnim sctrl code in Statedef 1510 from type = ChangeAnim2 to type = ChangeAnim

If you want to be even more thorough you could add some selfanimexist triggers in there as well and have a dummy dizzy animation within Ace's .AIR file made from universal gethit spriteno's for those characters that lack their own dizzy animation, just to be safe.

Other than that and what was mentioned about the text on the large portrait, it looks pretty good to me.

Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:26:14 am by Dcat
#9  September 14, 2012, 04:20:29 am
  • "The Future is Now"
I'll work on all of your stuff Cybaster.
the air combo however are gonna be that way, thats actually how it works in the game.

@  Dcat , thats strange cause i could have SWORN that i changed all the changeanim2 to changeanim?
i'll look into that.

EDIT: Ohhh ok yeah for the Cross Fire, yes i fixed that now. I forgot all about it.

EDIT 2 : @ Cybaster, Flame charge is suppose to be a move like that. However i'll give it more restriction as to when you can use it. Cause i know you could do your normal dash and when it finishes press XYZ and he'll do it which adds more speed to Ace and is an attack. SO i'll be more restricted.
However the way it is now.. is also accurate to the source.
Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:24:43 am by Ryon
#10  September 14, 2012, 05:09:17 am
  • The future Pirate King!
Pre zoro or Time skip zoro?
#11  September 15, 2012, 12:52:17 am
  • "The Future is Now"
Pre Time Skip Zoro.
the red and white shirt Zoro.
#12  September 15, 2012, 11:52:55 pm
  • "One pixel at a time..."
    • USA
    • Skype - omegabros6
    • http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/zaibatsu
Ryon, I saw in your readme you said you based the fighting style off One Piece: Ulimited Adventure for the Nintendo Wii! that was an excellent Idea because the mechanics in that game are like a fighting game, but with sort of a tag system of some sort...  excellent job though!

Where you can download my old MUGEN stuff
http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/zaibatsu
#13  October 05, 2012, 05:07:24 am
  • "The Future is Now"
what i said was, I loved playing Unlimited Adventure, So much that I wanted to make the characters.

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation.
#14  October 11, 2012, 03:22:14 pm
    • badassralph@hotmail.com
Hey Ryon, why doesn't it work when I try to play as him?
It says that it can't open the file and can't load p1...
GEAR SECOND!!!
#15  October 11, 2012, 03:30:30 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
You need to play in Mugen 1.0 (available at Elecbyte's site) and not Winmugen.
#16  October 11, 2012, 03:42:33 pm
    • badassralph@hotmail.com
thanks
GEAR SECOND!!!