YesNoOk

[GENERAL] (Read 591268 times)

Started by firelord, April 17, 2010, 05:41:33 am
Share this topic:
Re: [GENERAL TOPIC]
#681  September 13, 2012, 06:05:30 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
HI guys!!, a lot of weeks without post, we have been working hard, but I have not had time to put some pictures, we have added many things, added a "MAX COMBO" in battles, which will inform the player as their max basic combos in combination, added information about the characters in select screen, supers, specials, and its maximum LEVEL (which indicates how much will be your max combo), we fixed a lot of bugs between the interactive stage and characters, we have ideas for the future, I added a explod every time you do a super (PowerBar was spent) for example "Shinkuu Hadouken" and the powerbar shows "-3000", I'm thinking of add the name of the movement on top, and finally, we have created a movelist, it works perfect, you could see pressing START.

For now we need to add intros, artificial intelligence and more of history, with this we ended the v0.2.

Thanks! and take care.
#682  September 30, 2012, 08:56:39 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:44:08 pm by Chatman
#683  October 01, 2012, 10:37:27 pm
    • Peru
You mean 0.2 :P
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#684  October 01, 2012, 10:43:46 pm
    • USA
*looks* Goddammit.  >_<

Fixed. Hey, im adding more stuff to Sagat. Do you have any of the characters that need ai? i dont have them yet, and firelord wants to send them after he fixes a freefall bug, but that wont affect my ability to code ai and im getting bored on my end.
#685  October 10, 2012, 04:55:23 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
well, the characters was sended to chatman and now i'm working on intros and bla bla...

i'm thinking to change the resolution of the game 790x508 is too much    disproportionate...

what about 1280x720?
#686  October 28, 2012, 01:25:03 am
    • USA
Hey! Hey you guys. Who's experienced and would be interested in some private character testing? Me and firelord have 6 characters docked up for the .2 release, PM me credentials if youre interested.  :)
#687  November 26, 2012, 07:49:16 pm
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
Yes!, thanks to acekombat for his help!, well i'm not have my pc now btw chatman have the 6 characters and he is working with them, adding new moves fixing bugs and a lot of thing and do the AI too, Sorry for the delay of the launch, I've been busy with some school stuff as well Chatman or Andy also should be, balancing the game is not easy, now I've asked Chatman to add a few things of SF3 like that's attacks can hit the enemy when his in crouch state

I also plan to add the Tech Hit in the lifebar of SF3 to make look good!, And something like the score above, would be great! when in my pc, I will record a video of the latest things!

Thanks and sorry about my stupid english!.
#688  November 27, 2012, 04:24:42 am
  • You must be sexy to stand a chance!
Excellent news Fire-Lord!

#689  December 14, 2012, 06:34:13 pm
    • USA
Hey people who actually pay attention to this thread! :D
Currently im working, and soon ill be talking to Firelord about doing a holiday release of beta 0.2. Its much closer thand one would think.

Right now there are six characters, and only two dont hae my ai implemented, and theres just a few changes i need to account for which can be accomplished in 10 days.

So here's whats left for each character, with tags of their status for those who don't read: :p
Ryu: Shit. This guy is done and ready for release, ai and all.  :) (Ready)
Sagat: Maybe one more level one, at current he only has his tiger cannons. Otherwise complete with full ai. (Ready)
Shin Lvl. 2 Akuma: Mostly done. I have to code one more special into the ai and tweak some damage values. Also thinking of adding the misogi and messatsu gou hadou to his moveset. Opinions on this please. (Ready)

Scorpion: Needs three more supers and ai implemented. (90%)
Kung-Lao: Needs two more supers and a bug fix on something related to the freefall code. (95%)
Chameleon: Requires about two or three more supers, though i dont have ideas here. If you could flease do some suggestions, it would be welcome. Also needs my ai. (90%)

Thats all for now besides whatever firelord has on his plate with the screenpack and lifebars as well as stages. Ill keep you posted folks.  :)
#690  December 14, 2012, 06:40:59 pm
    • Peru
I'll be perfectly honest, while this is your call, I don't think Akuma needs more specials. I am curious about what you have in mind for Chameleon, though.

Also, could you send me the characters so I can have a look at them?
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
#691  December 14, 2012, 06:49:58 pm
    • USA
Its just as much your call man. I just didnt think it made sense for some of Akuma's most powerful techniques from his normal shin form...to fade when he powers up? It also provides a little bit of tactical advantage. The misogi makes the match more analytical, more risky for the opponent. And i just want to buff his keepaway game as far as the hadous.

Im curious about what i have for Chameleon too. XD im brainstorming right now.

And ill definitely send you what i have done for the characters when i get home in about an two hours. Do you think you could take a peak at that bug with Kung Lao? I cant figure out how the ai is managing to activate the freefall code midmatch.
#692  December 15, 2012, 12:08:23 pm
  • Hello ^_^... I visit MUGEN sometimes :P
How many supers does Shin Level Akuma have? If he has a lot, just remember to give Shin Level Akuma a health nerf compared to original Akuma and everything will be fine. Shin Level Akuma will have LOTS of tools to overcome his matches, but with low health it will require players to play him without making many execution errors. At least it's the way I see it. He's supposed to be more advanced, but this can only be acceptable if he has a health deficit.
Mortal Kombat, is not about death, but cheating in mame. Need Mame cheats? Go Here.

#Put_kokonoe_in_usfiv #Kappa
#693  December 15, 2012, 03:15:45 pm
    • USA
Akuma has about 6 specials---but so does most everyone actually. Akuma does have slightly sub-par health though to balance his damage buffs and regular tools. Ill send him to you today when i add the misogi to get your opinion.

Also, for progress, i added a new level one to sagat yesterday, so he is further complete. XD

Now people just need to start posting. >.<

#694  December 15, 2012, 03:44:32 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Now people just need to start posting. >.<
ok i did it.Now what? XD
Cant wait for this to get a release.I dont usually download full games made in Mugen,but i will certanly try this one out.Cuz i effing love Mortal Kombat
#695  January 17, 2013, 11:04:07 pm
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
#696  June 16, 2013, 06:56:24 pm
 The project is still alive ?
#697  June 16, 2013, 10:13:12 pm
    • USA
Yeah, Firelord is actually kinda waiting on me at this point. Lol.
#698  June 17, 2013, 01:18:35 am
    • Chile
    • mkvssf.com/
Yes dudebut we aren't doing nothing, we are testing a lot of things in mugen 1.1 :P

the v0.2 is is practically finished, we need the AI.

Posted: June 17, 2013, 01:29:58 am
SPAM, but i want to put this images for you, we do other interactive stage for mugen 1.1 (you can fall or go to the attic with a super):

I do a training stage for the game:

Other zoom Example (M2 Surviving):

i'm testing HD fonts too for the game, you can see here:
#699  November 09, 2013, 07:39:01 am
    • USA
RESURRECTION!

Small things to share. For one, it should be noted that my build of MK vs SF is just a bit older than Firelord's, but everything else is very much up to date.

As shown here, I have begun to revisit the AI of the characters of Beta 0.2. Some balance things have been done, and as shown, Akuma has a new super, as well as a slightly guideable Ikuze Tatsumaki.

3 of 6 beta .2 characters are done, and those have been done in a week, so you may see something tangible quite soon.

More to come later! (Also, those who have been following my Vega project, this is where I have been, lol.)
Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:14:49 am by Chatman
#700  November 10, 2013, 11:49:42 pm
    • Peru
Overall... I love what you did. You set them both on par with each other and it seemed like either one of them could've won the fight.

A few things I noticed, though:

I looked at 2:10 and it seemed Chameleon reset his whole combo pattern - saw him cancel into his jab and combo all over again. Speaking of which, maybe you should sometimes let him connect both his jab hits before going further into the combo and other times not.

I've also noticed some of the combos (particularly the roundhouses cancelled into hyper moves) are appealing and well thought out, but it kind of strikes me as a mixed bag. Maybe it's just me, but I don't know if a lot of people could combine a quick roundhouse with no pausetime in it into a QCFx2 motion that efficiently. But at the same time it's theoretically possible because of the code and it looks so cool... >_< I'll leave this entirely up to you. You can keep it if you want but just keep this in mind.

Akuma seems to still resort to his hadoukens when he's that far away. I get that there's not much he can do there offensive-wise, but we need to be careful not to make him too spammy. Not all of his opponents are gonna be able to teleport and sneak up on him like that.

Also, Chameleon seems to love combining his fierce into his QCB+2P super while Akuma was still in mid-air. Does this happen whenever the opponent parries in mid-air? Because if he's sent flying from the fierce, I don't think the super will connect.

Like I said, overall great work. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest.