YesNoOk

Hyrule Stage (Read 15491 times)

Started by kingcharz, December 14, 2012, 10:43:58 pm
Share this topic:
Hyrule Stage
New #1  December 14, 2012, 10:43:58 pm
Hello Mugen Universe,

This is basically my first MUGEN creation, and I happened to finish it today.

The stage I created is Hyrule Field, home to the legendary Link. It's based off the artwork to OOT 3DS. Considering that I'm not the best at MUGEN (all I know is how to edit, not much in creating), it might not be in high caliber standards. I invite comments and suggestions, but I'll warn you now, I might not be able to understand a lot of the coding.

I don't really have a theme to go with it. Of course, the Hyrule Field theme from OOT is appropriate, but I'm waiting a theme song from WizzyWhipitWonderful since his music is of the highest quality.

Thanks to Nintendo and Capcom for the artwork that was used, and Caddie for making stage coding really easy to understand and edit (since this stage is based of his Elena stage coding).

Here are some screenshots:

I hope you enjoy it.

***UPDATED v1.2 (12/15/12)***
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4ig0xjqbbfod2z/HyruleStagev1.2.rar
Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:07:18 pm by kingcharz
Re: Hyrule Stage
#2  December 15, 2012, 01:16:07 am
    • Netherlands
I really like this stage, it's a keeper in my roster thx
as for feedback the only thing i found (that is real easy to fix) is the black border that appears in the sky when some characters land after a jump

if you move the sky pcx a little upward in FFactory it will be gone.
You sure is have a gr8 start here at stages, looking forward to your future works.

Grts  :sugoi:
Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:19:54 am by Mortalist
#3  December 15, 2012, 01:52:39 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
I'm on it!
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#4  December 15, 2012, 02:59:34 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Looking really sharp, glad I have a place to fight Link now!  :-D
#5  December 15, 2012, 03:21:37 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
From the screenshot, a few sprite styles clash and do not blend well together.

Other than that, the idea was good, will test in Mugen.
#6  December 15, 2012, 06:32:31 am
First off, congrats on your first release!

One thing that pops out to me is that Death Mountain is a darker shade than the trees and building in front of it.  Being as it's farther away, it should be a lighter shade, which would also help with the clashing EX mentioned.

Keep at it, and I hope to see you update this stage, as it has some good potential.
#7  December 15, 2012, 09:05:55 am
Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the comments. I've uploaded an updated version of the stage. I've also fixed the link on the first post as well.

I wasn't able to duplicate the black border problem. Moving the sky sprite up or not didn't do much from my side of things, so if you manage to have that problem move sprite 2, 1 by 10 pixels. I don't know what else to say.

With the color, I managed to lighten the Death Mountain, darken the Hyrule Castle Town entrance and a bit of the grassy field.

Let me know how this update is with the new changes.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uhp21n
#8  December 15, 2012, 06:44:35 pm
Just downloaded the newest version.  It definitely looks better now, but here's a few things:

-boundleft and boundright should always be an equal number (for example boundleft = 550, boundright = -550).  You'll have to play around with the numbers and sprites to get it to look right. 
-Moving a character all the way to the right and they will stop before they hit the edge of the screen.
-p1startx and p2startx should always be set at 70 to keep from messing with special intros and such.

Keep up the good work, man!
#9  December 15, 2012, 09:31:59 pm
Another update.

I fixed the boundleft and boundright appropriately, with associating sprites, I fixed the problem with the boundary issue on the far right of the stage and I fixed the p1 and p2 start at 70. This stage is looking better and better. Thank you everyone for all the feedback.

Fixed the link on the first post also.

Here you go:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ufn4x
#10  December 15, 2012, 11:45:01 pm
    • Canada
    • unstabler2012@gmail.com
    • www.mediafire.com/?7e103tuw8ozz8
This is a very nice stage.  Thanks for the share.
#11  December 20, 2012, 08:11:59 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#12  December 20, 2012, 09:38:47 pm
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/

Hmmmm...

i see that you have HARDLY work at this stage...

i like Zelda very much... so i consider to download this stage as well...

waiting for a Night or Afternoon version!

BTW: NICE Song! WWW!

"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#13  February 21, 2013, 12:02:07 pm
I know this is a bit of a bump,but is there any chance of a night version of this stage? :dadadadaa:
#14  February 22, 2013, 05:30:46 pm
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
This looks really really good.
#15  February 25, 2013, 08:13:08 pm
I know this is a bit of a bump,but is there any chance of a night version of this stage? :dadadadaa:

Unfortunately, I don't think so. I love the idea of it, but I don't know how to turn the colors of everything to make it night time and I don't know if I have the time for all of that. As of now, I don't think it'll happen.