YesNoOk

Is Splitting a bill on a date bad ? (Read 7154 times)

Started by Smokahontas, December 17, 2012, 01:45:02 am
Share this topic:
Is Splitting a bill on a date bad ?
#1  December 17, 2012, 01:45:02 am
    • USA
    • axlrose051@aol.com
i recently went on a date with a girl and what not and i suggested we split the bill i told i had no problem paying for the full meal
and she said she was fine with going "Dutch" then a few weeks pass we chat over facebook and she tells me it was rude of me
and it showed me what kind of person i was (what ever that means)

just wanted to know if anyone else has a take on this topic
Re: Is Splitting a bill on a date bad ?
#2  December 17, 2012, 01:46:31 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Wait. She agrees to split the bill. Then she calls you out for it. :stare:
I personally think that it's fine as long as both parties agree.
About the "shows what kind of person you are" thing, she's attempting to imply that you're too cheap to pay the bill. I don't get why, you said you had enough money and she agreed.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 01:54:06 am by Madam CanCan
#3  December 17, 2012, 01:48:30 am
  • Fuck You.
dont ever pay for a woman youre courting ever

/thread
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#4  December 17, 2012, 01:53:34 am
    • Thailand
She's not entitled. You are not rude. I split the bill EVERY time I go on a dinner date; two equal adults eating, two adults paying equally. I don't know who she thinks she is to claim that it's rude if someone doesn't use their money on her -- by that same token, she is also rude since she didn't pay for YOUR food.

Mog

#5  December 17, 2012, 01:53:47 am
If you say to me "Would you go out with me to KFC Friday ?  I'll pick you up at 7"  you just invited me to be your guest, YOU pay.  If I say "Let me take you to dinner"  I pay, you are my guest.  If you say "want to meet up at McD's ?"  then you each pay for your own.

It all depends on who asks and how its worded.

Where's that danged Rajaa, I know HE has an opinion on this.

:bow:

EDIT:  speak of the devil....  lol
#6  December 17, 2012, 02:01:30 am
    • Thailand
I'm right here! LMAO! KFC?

I don't care who invited who or how the invitation is worded (semantics determining who pays?), a date is an agreement between two people who agree to spend time together. Pay for your own damn food! I don't even know if I'm gonna see you ever again! Unless, of course, you want to pay for the other person, then go ahead. Your own choice.

I've had many successful relationships with no contempt resulting from wanting to split a food bill. Maybe it's because I date women who also have jobs and don't need my money. There was one incident in the past, but don't feel like typing it again. =p

Mog

#7  December 17, 2012, 02:06:23 am
Admit it you're a cheapskate!  I keep offering to buy your dinner, you see no problem with that, but you wouldnt pay for mine IF you asked me out?   How do I know you arent after MY money?  Date women who work and dont need your money.....  pffffft.  And oh yeah I remember that story about your date with that poor innocent young lady. 

#8  December 17, 2012, 02:07:45 am
    • USA
    • axlrose051@aol.com
If a girl thinks splitting a bill "looks cheap" she wasn't worth taking out in the first place.
#9  December 17, 2012, 02:08:42 am
  • tired
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#10  December 17, 2012, 02:11:06 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
She's not entitled. You are not rude. I split the bill EVERY time I go on a dinner date; two equal adults eating, two adults paying equally.
I mean, this makes sense, right? This just seems incredibly basic. It's almost 2013, going dutch just makes more sense.

oh well I don't have to deal with this ever :twisted:

Mog

#11  December 17, 2012, 02:12:33 am
If a girl thinks splitting a bill "looks cheap" she wasn't worth taking out in the first place.

you dont think she is worth that #3 value meal?

And oh yeah I remember that story about your date with that poor innocent young lady. 
Must resist urge to ask about it-gah, crap. Please tell me.

He asked a girl out to an expensive place, then insisted she pay half the bill.  She wrestled him to the ground , stole his wallet and paid with his money.

#12  December 17, 2012, 02:14:39 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#13  December 17, 2012, 02:15:02 am
  • tired

Mog

#14  December 17, 2012, 02:16:41 am
If someone invites you to their home for dinner, do you pay for half of the food and do half of the cooking and clean up half of the dishes? 

#15  December 17, 2012, 02:17:16 am
    • USA
You are not having dates, ever?

You poor guy, a life of no sex. D:
I don't have to deal with this "pay for women's meals" thing because I date dudes!

it's really so much better
#16  December 17, 2012, 02:18:26 am
  • tired
If someone invites you to their home for dinner, do you pay for half of the food and do half of the cooking and clean up half of the dishes? 
That's as their guest. Going to a place neither of you own is not taking anybody as your guest. That and the food at their house was already paid for. You crazy.
#17  December 17, 2012, 02:20:44 am
    • Thailand
Admit it you're a cheapskate!  I keep offering to buy your dinner, you see no problem with that, but you wouldnt pay for mine IF you asked me out?   How do I know you arent after MY money?  Date women who work and dont need your money.....  pffffft.  And oh yeah I remember that story about your date with that poor innocent young lady. 
I ain't cheap! Well, if you offer to pay, I'm not gonna turn it down, but I won't offer to pay because I'm not you. You would know I'm not after your money because you would be the one who offered to pay for my dinner! Duh! Loser!

What's so "pfftt" about inadvertently dating women who have successful careers? You're a jerk who wants to pay for people's dinner so they have to depend on you for the rest of their lives. I'm hip to your game!

That lady wasn't innocent. =/

Mog

#18  December 17, 2012, 02:21:59 am
#19  December 17, 2012, 02:22:48 am
    • USA

Mog