#921  December 18, 2012, 12:43:15 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
Thanks Guys, Thats What I Figured
Re: Shredder WIP
#922  December 27, 2012, 10:10:12 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
I'm seriously geeking how close this is to being in my hands. Got my PS2 controller hooked up to my laptop playing through a 70 inch for this shit.

You and I sound similar. I got both my Desktop and my Laptop hooked into my 42' LCD. My Laptop is more for testing and my Desktop is more for playing Mugen. And its amazing to use a Dual Shock controller. It's perfect in my opinion.
Bro Fist!

But yeah, this has sunken waaaaaay too low. I haven't been active since I moved much and I have to get back to spriting, but I was REALLY sure Shredder would be getting some release teases somewhere. :(
#923  December 29, 2012, 07:12:16 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Dcat, I've to apologize for not giving any feedback during the beta testing stage...it's hard for me to get in a different state of mind when so engulfed in my own characters. But I hope this makes up for it;

"MY TOES!  MY TOES!"

Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 07:18:03 pm by Balthazar

DW

#924  December 29, 2012, 08:50:28 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
^Lol! Nice Balthazar. I too am sorry about not having delivered on some feedback as of yet with testing... :( I've been REALLY busy with a lot of stuff MUGEN and non-MUGEN related. Add in the holday season and all, and I've been pretty much swamped... I promise to give you some feedback soon though. I'll keep it via PM as you requested.
#925  December 29, 2012, 10:27:56 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I suddenly don't feel so bad for not being active a couple of months ago. I suppose these things happen. But in a way, it goes to show you that us contributors/beta testers have our hands full and we will always be challenged with how we split our time up between multiple projects.

Consider me guilty for having three portrait requests at once...

Back on topic... Balthazar, that is an incredible addition for Shredder's custom state. Now that you completed Frieza here, will you add those sprites to Goku and Vegeta as well??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#926  December 30, 2012, 10:53:11 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
^That's the plan, yeah :) I'll most likely use the exact same bases too.
#927  December 30, 2012, 01:47:18 pm
Those additions are making them look really detailed and well fitting in each cases. This makes them look like an original game.
#928  December 30, 2012, 07:50:13 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#929  December 31, 2012, 11:43:08 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Dcat, I've to apologize for not giving any feedback during the beta testing stage...it's hard for me to get in a different state of mind when so engulfed in my own characters. But I hope this makes up for it;

"MY TOES!  MY TOES!"

Wow, looking good!!

@Niko: I haven't met the anticipated release date with Shredder, there's still quite a few unresolved issues remaining with the character that the testers have pointed out. I'm doing my best to address him and get him to you guys in a timely manner, if it takes too long though I may just have to bite the bullet and release him and Krang as they are (albeit with a few of the release day features I'd originally intended removed) and play catch up with future updates. That means they'd most likely lack AI plus some other bits like my turtles did. I'm tempted to throw caution to the wind and just put them out there already if things take too much longer though, even I'm testing my patience with these characters at this point...

That being said, I've added Katana, Sansetsukon, and Machine Gunner Foot Soldiers to Shredder's Foot Strikers. I think this'll be pretty much it for the Foot Assists. Machine Gun and Katana seem to be the most useful ones I don't know if I should scrap the others or maybe have it operate based on a randomized nature. Not getting the Foot that you want could wind up being pretty damn annoying though so I don't know if users would respond well to this method or not.

Other Foot (jump kick, spear) can be summoned if you perform the input mid-combo, also there are some Foot that are pre-determined depending on the last attack you hit the opponent with (i.e. if you connected with Shredder's wall bounce kick, you'll always get a Katana Foot since that's a smooth setup). I'm trying to make the rest of Shredder's normals link into some auto-Foot chains  for some cool looking combos. I'll have additional varied Foot make cameos during the air super combo.

-RobotmonkeyHead has graciously taken it upon himself to go through Shredder's .AIR file and fixed my messy alignments so that Shredder's animations are less jerky and all over the place
-Also I've been tweaking the Vorpal cutter super to have a more dynamic effect similar to Leonardo's Final Slash
-Added missing normal attacks to Super Shredder.

-I've been adding more to Krang's AI. Nothing too special but he at least does a decent ground to air chain and uses more specials now. Also gave him air dashing.
Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:47:37 pm by Dcat
#930  December 31, 2012, 11:57:10 pm
They shouldn't appear by random. Just make foot soldiers attack that really fits Shredder's style.

I'll have additional varied Foot make cameos during the air super combo.

This reminded me of putty patrols from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers for some reason. Speaking about cameo's, is there any chance you plan to add cameos from various games that suits?
#931  December 31, 2012, 11:59:27 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Now I wish I'd been available when you were looking for testers.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#932  January 01, 2013, 12:40:19 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Looking ace!! For aerial foot soldiers, you should take some animation cues from Captain Commando's hyper combo. That would be stylish. And fitting.

Your foot soldier additions look awesome. I say keep the others in for more variability. Let us test that notion out.

And as DJ says, keep each foot soldier set to a command to keep combo and retaliation options open. Random wouldn't be fitting. Allow for a randomization option in a cfg if you ask me.

Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:45:00 am by Saikoro
#933  January 01, 2013, 04:08:12 am
  • Shakespear.
@Niko: I haven't met the anticipated release date with Shredder, there's still quite a few unresolved issues remaining with the character that the testers have pointed out. I'm doing my best to address him and get him to you guys in a timely manner, if it takes too long though I may just have to bite the bullet and release him and Krang as they are (albeit with a few of the release day features I'd originally intended removed) and play catch up with future updates. That means they'd most likely lack AI plus some other bits like my turtles did. I'm tempted to throw caution to the wind and just put them out there already if things take too much longer though, even I'm testing my patience with these characters at this point...
Hey there, just a thought, but you Could release a public beta with the anticipation of finalized versions to come pending public feedback...  It would give you as much time to implement the changes as you want without feeling the pressure of a deadline you planned before knowing what you know now about your workload.  You would also end up with a lot more ideas in the bucket to pick and choose from... anyway, just a thought. 

-RobotmonkeyHead has graciously taken it upon himself to go through Shredder's .AIR file and fixed my messy alignments so that Shredder's animations are less jerky and all over the place
It was my pleasure man, I'm really glad you like the new alignments.  I will admit to rushing them just slightly on account time, but if you like them, that's what counts to me  :)
#934  January 01, 2013, 12:17:31 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
It's good to hear about the updates. Man I'm sure nobody's rushing you, so take all time you need to finish the characters. We have patience :)
Patience is worth a quality character in the end. And now I'm sure you shredder and krang gonna rock when it is time ;)
#935  January 01, 2013, 10:25:29 pm
They shouldn't appear by random. Just make foot soldiers attack that really fits Shredder's style.

Speaking about cameo's, is there any chance you plan to add cameos from various games that suits?

He already has the spear, machine gunner, and katana wielding foot from the first arcade game. Sansetukon is from the 2nd game, I've also got plans to include the kama wielder and I've sprited my own ninja fist dagger foot after that classic weapon from the accessories rack of the old toys.

If this were another character, like a Foot Soldier mini-game perhaps I'd probably do my best to have just about as close to every classic attack represented faithfully right down to those guys that blinded you with sand from the first level of TMNT 3 Manhattan Project, but I've taken creative license with their iterations for their appearance here in Shredder (spear guys drop in with the attack that katana wielders used in tmnt 2 arcade, while katana users have their classic jumping slice attack from tmnt 1 arcade).

It's good to hear about the updates. Man I'm sure nobody's rushing you, so take all time you need to finish the characters. We have patience :)
Patience is worth a quality character in the end. And now I'm sure you shredder and krang gonna rock when it is time ;)
Alright, I was just getting frustrated with missing both of my pre-established deadlines, the great thing about this hobby is that I can go at my own pace though. I'll try to hang in there a while longer. If worse comes to worse RMH's suggested public beta could be a nice compromise.

Shredder progress
-Adjusted alignment for Shredder vs Krang introductions
-Added missing arcade beam pillar effects for TMNT 2 Arcade game intro against non turtle opponents
-Adjusted animation alignments for crouching normals and specials as per RobotMonkeyHead's suggestions
-Added custom Super Shredder Breathing animation by RobotMonkeyHead to Super Shredder's idle animation

Krang progress
-Fixed Air Dash velocities now floatier
-Limited Air Dash, Double Jump & Super Jump with variables

Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:29:55 pm by Dcat
#936  January 01, 2013, 10:27:23 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Great update Dcat! it looks like they are battle ready. :woeh:
#937  January 02, 2013, 04:47:08 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Hey there, just a thought, but you Could release a public beta with the anticipation of finalized versions to come pending public feedback...  It would give you as much time to implement the changes as you want without feeling the pressure of a deadline you planned before knowing what you know now about your workload.  You would also end up with a lot more ideas in the bucket to pick and choose from... anyway, just a thought. 

I fully agree with this. The 'beta' turtles felt complete anyway! Just don't let the characters bog you down. You have quite a few other awesome projects/updates that I'm massively wanting as well so...do whatever.
#938  January 05, 2013, 11:08:40 am
Great updates! Looks like you are full on track again. Are you also planning to include special winposes?
#939  January 05, 2013, 04:36:38 pm
^ Oh most definitely.

Its been a really productive few days now.

SUPER SHREDDER UPDATE - 1/5/2013
========================

-Added wall bounce and floor bounce effects to Super Shredder normals
-Sprited new Heavy Kick for Super Shredder
-Decreased the startup walking delay while in SUPER SHREDDER MODE
-Added additional SUPER SHREDDER Winpose inspired by SNES Tournament Fighters
-Prevented SUPER SHREDDER MODE from ending prematurely if Super Shredder wins but has Power <=0
-Added GAUNTLET BLUR SUPER to SUPER SHREDDER MODE (QCF,QCF + Any Punch button / Rapidly Press any Punch Button); -1000 power cost
-Re-mapped SUPER SHREDDER's THUNDER WAVE SUPER to (QCF,QCF, Any Kick Button); -1000 power cost

SHREDDER UPDATE - 1/5/2013
====================

-Changed braking animation
-Added alternate command for special Kick techniques (QCF + Any Kick button)
-Removed ability to chain into Aura Crusher from Gauntlet Blur
-Shredder's mid level roundhouse (no knockdown) is once again the default Heavy Kick
-Changed input for High (knockdown) Roundhouse kick to (Back/Forward + HK. or HK while running)
-Shredder will automatically perform High Roundhouse if the opponent is in the air
-Updated palettes
-Can now perform Foot Assists by pressing (QCF + Any 2 Kicks) or (QCB + Any 2 Kicks); -500 power cost
-Added cape effects to all Foot Assists
-Added second attack to Sansetsukon Foot Assist (QCB, LP + MP)
#940  January 05, 2013, 05:04:20 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
Awesome, man :)
I expected nothing less from you, really cool updates. Also very glad that you reduced the startup walking delay of Super shredder, cuz that was the only thing that bugged me in his super form.
Waiting for him even more now.