YesNoOk

ssjtrunksZ2 inspired (Read 162932 times)

Started by force, January 08, 2013, 10:07:07 pm
Share this topic:
ssjtrunksZ2 inspired
#1  January 08, 2013, 10:07:07 pm
    • France
salut , veiller m'excuser car je ne manipule pas très bien ce forum je ne s'est pas ce que j'ai fais sur graphique mes sa ma fais un trucks bizarre en fin bref je voulais juste dire que ce projet débute maintenant avec juste l'envie de savoir si la FX convener bien avec le coup de sabre.
Hi, I apologize because I do not handle very well in this forum, I do not know what I've done in graphic, but I did something weird short I just wanted to say that this project begins now I just voulai whether FX was good with the sword.

Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 11:48:42 pm by force
Re: ssjtrunksZ2 inspired
#2  January 08, 2013, 10:09:07 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
i think his head is a bit to odd placed but other than that im liking it. could you please post in english though its kind of a rule here.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#3  January 08, 2013, 10:16:31 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Oh yes! i'm definitely following this, i saw your Mirai Trunks in the Sprite thread, keep up the good work, bonne chance. ;D
#4  January 08, 2013, 10:17:28 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice trunks and tu peux utiliser google traduction if you dont know to write in english good luck with your project
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#5  January 08, 2013, 10:22:27 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Not bad at all but like I told you; don't copy the lightsource from the Budokai reference bases too much.
Remember that in my style sprites, the lightsource is pretty much like it is in CvS: from right above.
In those Budokai images he's not always lit this way, so try only using the outlines from them, and do the shading from scratch.
#6  January 08, 2013, 10:34:13 pm
    • France
I'll try sprite the shade as it should but could you sprité the first image of the starting pose (if you have a little time) so I can see how it should be into true please
Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:44:25 pm by force
#7  January 08, 2013, 10:38:22 pm
    • USA
Man, Balthazaar really inspired a lot of people.
#8  January 08, 2013, 10:42:50 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
Man, Balthazaar really inspired a lot of people.

Yeah, me among them XD
I wish you the best of lucks with this Force!
Its looking really great so far, just like Balthazar said, dont follow the budokai captures lightsource that much :)
#9  January 08, 2013, 10:43:17 pm
    • Netherlands
I'll try sprite the shade as it should but could you sprité the first image of the starting pose (if you have a little time) so I can see how it should be true please
Alright, that sounds good. I will redo your idle stance of Trunks so you have some better and proper Z2 inspiration to work off :neutral:
#10  January 08, 2013, 10:48:27 pm
    • France
 :) thank you
#11  January 08, 2013, 10:56:12 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Oh god! The "Z" AIDS is speading lol

and what Balth said.
#12  January 09, 2013, 12:04:09 am
    • Netherlands
Alright, I finished it. Took me a while though :mtongue:
Don't be discouraged or anything. I hope you can understand how to make the sprites even better with these Z2 styling tips :neutral:

NOTE: 
I used a 5th shade in some cases (in the jacket, pants and the boots) and some shades are different as well, so be careful when copying things form my sprite. Trunks's normal state hair for instance are all different shades, I didn't have your sprite of that so I didn't take those colors. Sorry about that.

NOTE:
The main things I changed in the propertions, from your sprite, was the upper body (it was too short, I made it longer in my sprite) and the legs (I made them also a bit longer and better shaped, and made the pants a bit baggier/wide).

NOTE:
I also added details on the upper part of the boots

NOTE:
I would not put too much attention on the sword; keep the detailing very minor/easy.

NOTE:
I just saw I didn't finish the sword when I removed the SSJ hair and made the normal hair :mtongue:

FINAL WORD:
I hope you understand the edits I did, and hopefully you can learn them and use them to improve your sprites.
Also, I will not be editing each new sprite you make, so please don't count on me to do that. I can give a few guidelines now and then, but I won't be your 24/7 teacher, but you can understand that. I was just feeling generous tonight so I did this small 'Z2 tutorial' for you ;)
Good luck, if you study those changes I'm sure you'll improve as a spriter!
#13  January 09, 2013, 04:56:32 pm
    • France
Ba is perfect I think I can redo the sprites as it is now, so infact I just repeat that I will be fine esper :)
#14  January 09, 2013, 05:14:09 pm
I have to correct you Balthazar on the shading thing:
in Shin Budokai 1 and 2 the light source is always from above while in Budokai 1, 2 and 3 and Burst Limit the light source changes and the shading too; Trunks is sprited on a 3d Shin Budokai model, so the shading is correct, because it remains in the same place, differently from the other games I mentioned.
#15  January 09, 2013, 09:15:37 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
I think what Balthazar wanted to explain is like:

In sprites, not always the shadow must be from one direction, you have to adjust the shadow in some areas to make some parts more or less visible.
If you just copy a lightsource from a 3d model, its going to look weird, 3d models are in 3d already, sprites need some special attention so they look more deep and appealing to the eye. :)
#16  January 09, 2013, 09:24:51 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Damn this is awesome. My favorite dbz character with Z2 inspired sprites. epic. Good luck with this project.
#17  January 09, 2013, 09:32:27 pm
    • France
Waaah, this project is awesome :o

Oh, and if you talk french, please, don't use "Google Translate", or maybe write correctly the words.
Oh, and continue like that ! :P

---

Wah, ce projet est génial :o

Oh, et si tu parles français, s'il te plaît, n'utilise pas "Google Traduction", ou écrit correctement en français parce que lorsque tu traduit avec Google, ben ça donne des mots français dans la phrase anglaise, un peu bizarre moi je dis. Sinon continue comme ça ! :P
#18  January 09, 2013, 10:23:10 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Duuuuude...

This is gonna be a good year for mugen, people
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#19  January 09, 2013, 10:24:06 pm
YESSS my Favorite Sayian coming in WIP
#20  January 09, 2013, 10:45:56 pm
    • France
it's nice :) I'm trying to animate the sprite of Balthazar and frankly his gives well, but for the moment there are only 2 sprites it must therefore have to wait a little
Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:37:03 pm by force