YesNoOk

Uryuu Ishida (updated 12-20-2014) (Read 19345 times)

Started by Dope, August 09, 2012, 03:27:55 am
Share this topic:
Uryuu Ishida (updated 12-20-2014)
#1  August 09, 2012, 03:27:55 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:32:06 am by Dope
Re: Uryuu Ishida [Beta] 8-27-2012
#2  August 27, 2012, 10:54:41 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Character has been updated.
#3  September 06, 2012, 10:52:46 pm
  • The future Pirate King!
Hope you finish the char soon. Will support you from the dark side. XD
Are you already planned which char you will code after making this one?
#4  September 07, 2012, 12:32:39 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Hope you finish the char soon.
I haven't heard from Johnny about the rest of the fx he's supposed to be ripping for me so I can't make that last special move until I get those. Other things need to be done too but that special is the biggest factor in completing this character.

Are you already planned which char you will code after making this one?
I've got several projects lined up but I'm not sure in what order they'll be done.
The projects are
- updating Kenpachi again.
- finish custom version of yeti's Ikkaku.
- A second Uryuu with DS 4th sprites and hueco mundo arc movelist. This will be an entirely different/seperate character from this current Uryuu.
- Botenmaru from Samurai Deeper Kyo. His stance is one of my current random avatars. Most of the sprites are already ripped and I think the sounds are ripped already too. (Sprite and sound rips by Johnny916).
- Nobunaga Oda from Samurai Deeper Kyo. This will most likely be after Botenmaru is 100% done.
- custom Yoruichi Shihoin with sprites from DS 2nd and 4th. Much lower priority than the rest of the above projects but I'd love to do this one.
#5  September 07, 2012, 11:13:50 am
  • The future Pirate King!
Cool, but I just fan of your bleach char though :3 Good luck with your current and later project!
By the way, do you read the last manga chapter of bleach? Kubo show Yamamoto bankai. Look pretty easy to sprites his bankai though. Peace
#6  September 07, 2012, 08:56:03 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Feel free to use my Yoruichi as a base if you like.
#7  September 07, 2012, 09:12:21 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Feel free to use my Yoruichi as a base if you like.
Thanks, but I think I'm gonna build a new one from the ground up like I did this Uryuu. It's much funner doing it that way knowing everything is your own work and it makes organization and such easier because you don't have to decipher other people's work and try to remember all their state numbers, anim numbers, sound numbers, etc.
Re: Uryuu Ishida [Beta v2] 12-14-2012
#8  December 14, 2012, 10:52:55 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Uryuu updated. All this work was actually done about 2 months ago but I never released it. It's going to be a while before I can get back to finishing up this character.

Changes I remember:
- All palettes updated.
- Hyper armor coding redone on "Ransotengai".
- "Rain of Arrows" revised.
- New special "Arrow Barrage".
- Some missing fx added.
- Fixed minor comboing issues.
- More winposes? I can't remember if these were in the previous beta or not.

This was all done months ago so I'm sure there's other updates I'm forgetting.
Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:34:54 pm by Dope
Re: Uryuu Ishida (1-27-2013)
#9  January 27, 2013, 08:35:13 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Updated again.

Changelog:
- Arrows spaced apart more on Overcast Volley and Rain of Arrows.
- Hitdefs updated on Overcast Volley and Rain of Arrows.
- Added another arrow to Overcast Volley.
- Fixed distance of the z version of Overcast Volley.
- 3 arrow system updated on air basics.
- Vel float updated on air strong arrow.
- Fixed a minor issue with the match over winpose.
- Power charge with custom sprites added.
- Added supermovetime to certain explods.
- New air special "Spreadshot" added.
- Minor poweradd issues fixed.
#10  January 28, 2013, 12:12:42 am
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
Even though this thread hasn't been getting a lot of attention, I'm glad that you can still find the motivation to keep working in this character. Uryuu plays smooth and once he is complete, I'm sure he'll be a dangerous projectile user to be reckoned.

Say, is that Ichigo a new wip of yours? and with the addition of Link, has your wip list changed?

Keep it up Dope! Also, nice job with the new charging animation.
#11  January 28, 2013, 07:24:47 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Even though this thread hasn't been getting a lot of attention, I'm glad that you can still find the motivation to keep working in this character.
Thanks. This is one of my most solid characters to date so of course I'd still work on it regardless if it's popular or not.

Say, is that Ichigo a new wip of yours?
Not mine, it's a private wip by Johnny916. It's very close to finished but I'm not sure if he plans on sharing it publicly or not when it's done. It's an awesome character so I hope he does.

and with the addition of Link, has your wip list changed?
Yeah it has. My wip list is almost always changing. I think my current focus will become Onomatopoeia (sprited by Whiplash at CC). I'd also really like to do a major revamp of Kenpachi which may be worked on at the same time as Ono. I'm not doing Link quite yet, I'm waiting to see if any sprite updates come up in the near future instead of wasting my time on outdated sprites.

Also, nice job with the new charging animation.
Thanks, it took quite a while to sprite it but it was well worth it.
#12  January 28, 2013, 12:04:15 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
I'll see what you got cooked up here :)
#13  January 28, 2013, 12:18:41 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I'm on way for a nice portrait for your Ishida, Dope. Nice work.
#14  February 04, 2013, 01:43:10 am
  • Spriter-in-Training
  • Learning new ways to sprite
    • USA
    • Skype - altherprimus
I've been meaning to post on this thread lol.
Very nice Ishida character, probably among the best Bleach characters in MUGEN right below your Kenpachi IMO.
Might just be me, but Letz Stil seems lke a LVL3, but LVL2 works as well.

Looking forward to your future chars, be they Bleach, random comics, or something else!
Xan (on Skype) said:
Because fuck logic it's mugen

The reason I don't post more is because 1: I rarely have anything to say, and 2: I stink at saying it XP
Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:38:40 am by Stern Ritter "A"
#15  February 04, 2013, 10:05:13 am
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
Yo Dope, I found two bugs you may want to fix:

First: if you flash step up/diagonal up and immediately after down, Uryuu will get stuck running in the air until he is hit.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Second: If Uryuu is defeated while wearing ransotenkai he will tweak up and down until next round.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Off-topic:
Is Johnny back on mugen, or is his Ichigo just old? if Johnny's back, do you know if he plans to release Ichigo and Gin?
Looking forward to a complete Uryuu, also I'd love to see a revamped Kenpachi and Ikkaku (just saying, whenever you want it's up to you of course).

#16  February 06, 2013, 09:57:22 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Very nice Ishida character, probably among the best Bleach characters in MUGEN right below your Kenpachi IMO.
Kenpachi may be a bit funner to play with but from a quality perspective Uryuu is leagues beyond my Kenpachi. Which is why I really want to redo Kenpachi soon.

Might just be me, but Letz Stil seems lke a LVL3, but LVL2 works as well.
Yeah it seems more like a LVL3 but 3 bars takes too long to get so I prefer keeping it a LVL2. Damage and properties though are fitting of a LVL2.

First: if you flash step up/diagonal up and immediately after down, Uryuu will get stuck running in the air until he is hit.
Oh damn that's not good. I forgot to remove an old trigger. It's fixed now. I rarely use flash step so I overlooked that by accident.

Second: If Uryuu is defeated while wearing ransotenkai he will tweak up and down until next round.
I forgot to code that part. I added it so it's fixed now.

Is Johnny back on mugen, or is his Ichigo just old?
He never actually quit. He just has a hard time keeping interest in his projects so he usually scraps his projects. That Ichigo in the screenshot is new.

if Johnny's back, do you know if he plans to release Ichigo and Gin?
I'm not sure yet if he plans on releasing Ichigo or not. We haven't talked about it in a while. Last I heard he was a bit reluctant about it because he used bwdyeti's template as his base so a lot of the system stuff from Yeti's work is still there and out of respect he doesn't want to release it without yeti's permission. I'll have to ask him about the Ichigo thing later. I really like it so I do hope he will publicly release it at some point. There is no Gin right now. He scrapped all his old projects because he didn't like the direction he was going. He also has some what recent betas for a Soifon and a Chad he made. I like them both but he's not really interested in finishing them. They're decent and I kinda wish he'd publicly release those too. He may be restarting Gin very soon. It's almost all DS based so don't expect it to be anything amazing since the original sprites are a bit subpar so it'd be hard to make something totally spectacular out of them. But it should be a real good character anyways and I'm looking forward to it.

also I'd love to see a revamped Kenpachi and Ikkaku
Kenpachi definitely will be revamped, and probably sooner rather than later. It's very high on my mugen priority list. Ikkaku, I do like him and would like to finish editing yeti's version but it's very tedious. The way the specials are setup aren't quite my playstyle. I also feel like porting over Uryuu's gauge to Ikkaku and redoing some of the system stuff accordingly. I think that's the biggest part is the gauge that's a bit off putting for me at the moment because I'm in too much of a lazy mood to do that yet. Since Ikkaku's an edit though maybe I'll just release what I've done soon and just keep updating the thread as I make significant progress.

Uryuu's been updated again. Nothing major. I just fixed the two bugs Wolvegeta mentioned.
Re: Uryuu Ishida (updated 12-20-2014)
#17  December 20, 2014, 08:36:01 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Character updated. This was done months ago but I never got around to releasing it so I might be forgetting something.

- New aerial version of his Arrow Barrage special
- Changed hit velocities on Reinforced Arrow
- Changed some damage values