YesNoOk

Reimu (Hopeless Masquerade) 80% Beta (Read 27267 times)

Started by Ryon, February 07, 2013, 03:09:20 am
Share this topic:
Reimu (Hopeless Masquerade) 80% Beta
#1  February 07, 2013, 03:09:20 am
  • "The Future is Now"
[Preview]

[Download]
http://www.mediafire.com/?75usibqzd78hln9

[Comment]
SHE HAS ALOT OF ISSUES.
PLEASE STATE THEM, BUT BE AWARE I KNOW ABOUT THEM ALREADY MOST LIKELY.

HER CUSTOM COMMON1 IS NO WHERE NEAR READY.
Re: Reimu (Hopeless Masquerade) 80% Beta
#2  February 07, 2013, 06:21:30 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
- Stopping any movement will cause her to keep moving in that direction (albeit very slowly)
- Light attack does +6 frame advantage on hit but -9 on block?
- She still have Kung Fu Man's sounds
- CLSNs on flying up & down animations need serious overhaul

- Where exactly did you get your frame data from? I've noticed the following (startup, active,recovery):
- Light attack: 8,3,12 / Adv hit: +5 Adv Block: -9
- Medium attack: 8,6,25 / Adv hit: -10 Adv Block: -25
- Heavy attack: 9,12,15 / Adv hit: -6 Adv Block: -21
- Fwd + Light: 14,6,19 /  -4 on hit, -19 on block
- Fwd + Medium: 12,6,21  / -6 on hit, -21 on block
- Fwd + Heavy: 12,9,12 / +0 on hit, -15 on block

It seems odd for her heavy attacks to be safer than her Medium attack. I doubt it's like this in source?

- X projectile (at close range): +2 on hit, -21 on block.
- Y projectile (at point blank): +16 on hit, -17 on block.
- Z projectile (at point blank): +1 on hit, -22 on block.

- Due to the way you implemented her spirit meter and super bar, you can just fly in the corner and spam Fantasy Seal
- All of her normals can OTG
- guard.pausetime = 0,0  ;<-- why is this in every hitdef?
- None of her attacks have their recovery frames flagged so counterhits can function properly.
- Shes completely immune to throws, even when on the ground
- She disappears during her get up animation
- Every ground normal performed on Reimu uses its aerial properties even while close to ground.
- Friction is wonky, it causes Reimu to get knocked back half a screen even by jabs.
- She is completely immune to low attacks while on ground
- On the ground, the Y velocity of hitdefs are ignored.
#3  February 07, 2013, 11:28:06 am
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
A suggestion to balance her out against common fighters characters is to have her slowly sink back to the ground and the longer you stay aloft, the faster you begin to sink, to avoid abusing her flying abilities.

Otherwise, same issues as above.
#4  February 07, 2013, 11:41:54 am
  • "The Future is Now"
I'll fix the minor things when I get home, as the major things will require more time.
= Crawling Movement, Yes I know.
= I dont understand how you get your + - info, please tell me.
= Yes.
= Will Do.

= Frame data, from my head and practically playing the game, Majority of it, is obviously wrong, but In my head it looks close to the actual game. (visually)

All of her projectiles are coded for ABC, So im assuming you mean ABC.
But If you play the game, almost all magic attacks feel like your halted while your doing it. I've been hit many times while doing magic, with my opponents magic.

= Yes, I forget to Limit, But the move isnt coded properly, Its strictly in there so I can get the basics of it down.
= OTG? Off The Ground? what???
= Will fix. (guard.time)
= Please elaborate on how to go about doing this.
= Shes completely immune to throws because her common1.cns isnt finished yet. As i've said in her WIP topic. I gotta re-code her common1.
= Yeah its not there.
= Yes Cause shes technically in the air. I didnt code her air to be stand, if shes technically not standing.
= Friction? THIS IS SPARTA!... But really again the Common1 thing.
= Common1 issue
= Common1 issue

A suggestion to balance her out against common fighters characters is to have her slowly sink back to the ground and the longer you stay aloft, the faster you begin to sink, to avoid abusing her flying abilities.

Otherwise, same issues as above.

Not a bad idea.
#5  February 07, 2013, 01:34:10 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
* Her projectiles become clones of Reimu if they make contact with enemy's projectiles but chances are that you already are aware of it.

* Infinite combo of Standing X repeatedly in the corner.

* Hitsparks don't appear if she trades hits with the opponent.
Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:39:47 pm by Zzyzzyxx
#6  February 07, 2013, 03:25:19 pm
  • "Let Us Cling Together."
Crashes in Winmugen, works fine in 1.0. Character has potential, keep up the good work!
#7  February 07, 2013, 03:41:07 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
= I dont understand how you get your + - info, please tell me.

Stupa's Training.

= Frame data, from my head and practically playing the game, Majority of it, is obviously wrong, but In my head it looks close to the actual game. (visually)

They still feel wrong. Heck it even feels inconsistent with Reimu's framedata from IaMP and SWR/Hisoutensoku. I know HM is still in development and in beta stages so frametools probably don't exist for it yet but still.

All of her projectiles are coded for ABC, So im assuming you mean ABC.

That I did

= OTG? Off The Ground? what???

All of her normals have a hitflag of MAFD in their hitdefs, which D allows her to hit opponents laying down, aka an OTG. Even if the actual hitboxes of the attacks themselves don't reach them, the properties that allow them to do so are still there.

= Please elaborate on how to go about doing this.

One the active frames of the attack have ended, just simply change the movetype to an idle state. Statetypeset takes care of this easily.

= Shes completely immune to throws because her common1.cns isnt finished yet. As i've said in her WIP topic. I gotta re-code her common1.
= Yes Cause shes technically in the air. I didnt code her air to be stand, if shes technically not standing.
= Friction? THIS IS SPARTA!... But really again the Common1 thing.
= Common1 issue
= Common1 issue

Perhaps I should rephrase. She's immune to all ground throws. Air throws work fine, even in cases where they shouldn't. Its due to the fact that her idle states are set to statetype of A, regardless of where she is on screen. Statetypeset controllers can rectify this somewhat, and as I said in an earlier post in your WIP topic, Mima_RP makes use of this in her flying states so that she can be hit by low attacks and ground throws.

Crashes in Winmugen, works fine in 1.0. Character has potential, keep up the good work!

The character is supposed to be 1.0 only given the fact it uses Localcoord and other 1.0 exclusive constants. I'm assuming Ryon posted it in the winmugen section as an oversight.
#8  February 07, 2013, 05:14:17 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
She can attack before the round starts.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#9  February 07, 2013, 11:46:55 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
yes yes i know.
and HOLY CRAP i did!
gotta move it.
New #10  February 08, 2013, 04:02:57 am
Is she intended to be a character that plays elementally like her hopeless masquerade form?

If yes:
 - She is not supposed to be flying around, instead , she is supposed to be "floating" , pressing up will make her jump upwards, and pressing down will make her "jump downwards" because after either of these jumps, she will come back to that floating point.
- The inifinite combo by pressing X mentioned earlier shouldn't be happening , her dial-X combo should be avoiding that,.
- She being inmune to ground throws logically ruins the fun for all of the grappling characters in mugen, letting her having her "floating point" making the idle state-types be S instead of A will make things a lot more balanced.
- Even if she had 100% accurate gameplay to the original one she wouldn't be able to do the same combos as her original counterpart because the opponents are always on the ground and they can't go "under the ground" (normal character's floating point, the Y value being= 0 ), meaning they can't get ground bounced as the original gameplay demands (and that's where the magic of comboing in hopeless masquerade is at)

If not:
- Her main and most important combos from Hopeless Masquerade will be impossible to do, she  needs the ground bounce and floating to do them.
- Her blockstrings and pressure from the original game will never happen.
- What kind of gameplay are you planning to give her? (actual question)

If either yes or not:
- You will still need to do a really smart gameplay twist in order to adapt her to mugen effectively if she is meant to face regular characters and i am interested in knowing that gameplay will be.
http://www.mugen-infantry.net/forum/index.php?topic=64575
By Matrimelee
Luis2345 Video thread
AI\'s : Cassandra,Fliz,Angel,Kung fu Man,Ai,Yuri,Adon
Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:14:13 am by luis2345
#11  February 08, 2013, 04:13:41 am
  • "The Future is Now"
Her gameplay is gonna be a combination of the actual game, and i dont even know.

oh a plus note. once i configure her correctly with a custom common1.
im gonna make her completely compatible with a regular common1.cns.

infact I believe she is already (minus the Get Up animation)

if you delete the common1 in her file, she will not fly but instead she will move around and jump like a regular character.

the reason i made her fly around is because in mugen you can't "jump down" technically you can, but it would be strange.