YesNoOk

Capcom vs. The World Beta (HUGE Update, 4 NEW Characters including Skullomania!) (Read 132074 times)

Started by Sean Altly, October 21, 2012, 09:47:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. The World Beta (Updated W/New Character Dec 7th!)
#321  January 12, 2013, 11:15:56 am
    • dbdrummer7@gmail.com
He's on NewAge now I believe.
#322  January 16, 2013, 02:37:21 am
  • Idea!
    • USA

I've never seen the Dark Blue thing happen. Is this something you can recreate? Otherwise I'm not sure what I can do to fix it, since I've never seen it so I don't know what causes it.

Sadly, I cannot recreate the instance since I don't have a screencap cam and I'm unsure of how it happens, sorry ^^;
#323  January 21, 2013, 05:51:33 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
#324  January 27, 2013, 05:18:24 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
-Jin S.-
I found a weird issue (if it hasn't been said yet) that concerns his Blodia Punch super and the Jungle stage. The super goes through normally with Jin punching . . . only without Blodia punching at all, not even appearing, so it becomes just a normal attack that drains one super bar.

-Ken and Ryu-
I don't know if you can recreate this, but I'd like to see the P.o.t.S./JMorphman Ryu edit win/lose pose be used after a LvL 3 super is used by Ryu or Ken in the final round as a finisher move.

:EDIT:
-Superman- (not sure if stated already)
This is rather weird, but I think it needs to be said: when you use the anti-air Ice Breath and the opponent jumps right underneath it at the same time, it sends the opponent flying upwards, which shouldn't happen.  What I think, is that the anti-air Ice Breath, if the opponent is jumping or in the air, should be a hard knockdown so that the opponent doesn't "fly" away on you. Not sure if this happens with the regular Ice Breath, but to be safe, I'd make both a hard knockdown if the opponent is jumping or in the air.
Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:09:46 pm by Megazord MK II
#325  February 11, 2013, 07:57:51 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
BEHOLD! THE NEW UPDATE!

Here's the latest and biggest update yet! It includes:

-4 New characters! Jill Valentine, Skullomania, CM Punk, and K'!
-2 New Stages! Japan Rooftop (by JeanBeareau) and Ice Cavern (by EXShadow)!
-Team Mode support added!
-Updated screenpack, with new title screen, character select screen, and sweet options screen background!
-Lots of bug fixes and character tweaks!
-Fixed winqoute issues! Everyone has new ones for new characters!

Here are some screens of the new stuff! Spoilered because there's a lot:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download the PATCH/UPDATE HERE!

It's quite large now, so I apologize, but still quicker than having to re-download the entire game. Enjoy!

Download Last Bout now!
Re: Capcom vs. The World Beta (HUGE Update w/4 New Characters February 11th!)
#326  February 11, 2013, 08:16:20 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I don't know how much you've updated, but there's a lot that needs to be addressed with Sub-Zero.  In Mortal Kombat, Subs can only have one of his ice moves out at any given situation.  What this means is that if he has an ice clone or puddle active, he can't throw ice balls or use the other until the move ends.  Your Sub-Zero last time I looked at him, was capable of having doing all three at once.  Also his ice ball cannot be reflected by other characters, whereas in MK Nightwolf can reflect it as seen here.
#327  February 11, 2013, 08:19:52 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
¬_¬ Wow. Source Nazi much?
#328  February 11, 2013, 08:20:35 am
    • USA
I'm trying to help him out.  If you're gonna be a fanboy douche, then go brown nose somebody else.
#329  February 11, 2013, 08:24:17 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Wow, only a year and a half after his initial release and 4 updates into the full-game. :P

It doesn't break him and I'm not really concerned with source accuracy. Also, no one in my game reflects projectiles, so I'm not sure what that's all about.

Download Last Bout now!
#330  February 11, 2013, 08:29:43 am
    • USA
Wow, only a year and a half after his initial release and 4 updates into the full-game. :P

It doesn't break him and I'm not really concerned with source accuracy. Also, no one in my game reflects projectiles, so I'm not sure what that's all about.

You don't see how it would be a problem that he can have all three out at once?  Well, it wouldn't be an issue if his fireballs were reflectable or followed invul on characters like Zangief's banishing flat and similar anti fireball moves.  Remember that you did release Sub Zero publicly too, and that's mostly what I'm going by. 
#331  February 11, 2013, 08:53:43 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
First, I'm not being a fan boy douche. Seriously man chill I never said anything against you. Just irritated when people don't like a character because he's not just like the source.
#332  February 11, 2013, 08:57:25 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Him not being source is not the issue, its a matter of balance no matter what the game is. If a character is too good in the sense of derp worthy balancing has to be done to ensure that it this char does not ruin the experience over all. Especially if this is going to be presented as a game and not just a char. Even when arranging a char there are rules that have to be respected on the basis of that character in general.

Posted: February 11, 2013, 09:09:42 am
Also, Jin satome's super armor doesn't have pushback and when you hit him he doesn't freeze for the duration of the hitpause.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:09:42 am by The Big Wang Theory
#333  February 11, 2013, 09:39:08 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Your arthur destroyed me in the first match againts k. He spams to many projectiles, should make him the boss he's hard.

lol forget that post, i put the game on easy and was surprised that the ai uses it. good job on the game you just got me hooked.
this is the first full game ive played that uses that feature and im loving it.
Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:01:53 am by MEMo_fng
#334  February 11, 2013, 10:18:45 am
  • ◄ フェニックス・エンドソング►
    • Indonesia
OMFG.. Skullomania in 2D, hell... yeah...
#335  February 11, 2013, 10:30:54 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
One quick Question & i apologize in advance if this question has already been asked in this book of a post log lol , do these characters work outside of the full game, say if i wanted to use Skull O Mania in my general roster , will e work or is this a Works with Screen pack only situation ? Also just a quick comment, Love the work your putting into this Sean its an amazing full game .
#336  February 11, 2013, 12:46:59 pm
You forgot to include Rorschach's soundpack in the update patch. Due to this, the game will crash whenever I try to load him.
#337  February 11, 2013, 12:55:56 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
@Zombiebrock
I think that this has been answered before, and my apologies if I'm wrong, but from what I recall they will work, however because they use a set of universal hitsparks, some people were claiming that when using them in their general rosters, a flame would constantly appear on screen (which from what I can remember was because they were using another set of hitsparks)
#338  February 11, 2013, 01:37:00 pm
I don't know why but the new Ryu portrait isn't showing up for me. I checked both .sff files and couldn't find it.
#339  February 11, 2013, 02:13:15 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but it seems Snake is missing the transition frame stand to crouch
#340  February 11, 2013, 02:26:57 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
I was gonna mention that, seems to be on his Standing Hard Kick and all Hard Air attacks, along with Stand to Crouch, his Crouching Kicks and the last frame of his back dash

You forgot to include Rorschach's soundpack in the update patch. Due to this, the game will crash whenever I try to load him.
Did you download the full game before applying the patch or did you just download the patch? because this problem isn't happening to me.

I don't know why but the new Ryu portrait isn't showing up for me. I checked both .sff files and couldn't find it.
Same here, just shows up as his old one.