YesNoOk

Star Wars Thread: The Rise of running out of witty titles (Read 472218 times)

Started by Roman55, October 30, 2012, 09:02:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#61  February 06, 2013, 11:30:09 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#62  February 07, 2013, 05:07:51 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I am sure that Star Wars's in good hands, considering the stellar record Disney had with Marvel and the Animated Canon line.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#63  February 07, 2013, 11:17:02 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
The latter is rumored to take place in between A New Hope/Empire or Empire/Jedi, so don't get your hopes up of seeing Fett emerge from that Sarlacc pit because professional fan-fiction.
But we already have that movie. It's called Once Were Warriors.

And I agree with you Jmorph. No matter what Disney does, Boba Fett will always be the guy who accidentally got killed by a blind man with a stick.
#64  February 07, 2013, 10:49:08 pm
    • USA
And I agree with you Jmorph. No matter what Disney does, Boba Fett will always be the guy who accidentally got killed by a blind man with a stick.
And that was after trying to shoot a rope at a Jedi warrior. A ROPE.

Seriously I will never ever understand the love people have for Boba Fett.
#65  February 07, 2013, 10:52:47 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
As a preemptive don't even fucking bother bringing up OH HE GOT OUT OF THE SARLACC IN THE EXPANDED yeah the same expanded universe that had Daala as head of the new Republic right? I rest my case.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#66  February 07, 2013, 10:57:09 pm
    • USA
I don't care what the expanded universe says! The movies show him as an incompetent loser who gets lucky. The only thing he does is follow the Falcon. Nothing else. He didn't capture Han and the others, the Empire did!

But the EU writers were like, hey, his armor looks cool, let's rescue him and pile on feat after feat of badassery. Stupid professional fan-fiction!
#67  February 07, 2013, 11:00:57 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Karen TRaviss wasn't helping either with her Mandalore masturbation

On the other hand Thrawn was alright
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#68  February 07, 2013, 11:04:38 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
A movie starring Yoda, huh?  Didn't Spaceballs predict this, kinda?  Well, I always liked Yoda, so hoping to see where that ends up.

....And I like Boba.  :(
#69  February 15, 2013, 07:07:06 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#70  February 15, 2013, 07:31:57 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Kris Straub said:
it’s too bad we don’t have an example of a movie where harrison ford came back to play a beloved character after a very long interval and kind of sleepwalked through it

Yeah, I'm not super jazzed about that, honestly.  It reeks of "because we can" at the expense of "do you think we should."  I'd much rather see them just move the franchise forward than watch it turn into a big masturbatory love-letter to the previous films.  "Hey guys, Star Wars!  Remember Star Wars?  We're gonna have all the same stuff you remember Star Wars having!"
Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:06:15 pm by Person Man
#71  February 15, 2013, 07:41:43 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#72  February 20, 2013, 08:01:03 pm
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
The only problem is... if they hire Justin Bieber as Luke's son or nephew, we riot!!

:furious3:
The Dragon is here!
#73  February 20, 2013, 08:15:34 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I didn't realize hating Justin Bieber was still the cool thing to do
#74  February 20, 2013, 08:27:09 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
haeh stupid justina with his ghey voice.
#75  February 20, 2013, 11:56:07 pm
    • USA
#76  February 21, 2013, 03:08:02 am
  • Just your regular user
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Mexico
    • twitch.tv/dragonofcourage90
Jmorphman, are you a Belieber? :help:
The Dragon is here!
#77  February 21, 2013, 03:11:58 am
    • USA
No.
#78  February 21, 2013, 05:20:08 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
#79  February 21, 2013, 03:57:13 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#80  February 21, 2013, 10:51:58 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
i wonder how Carrie Fisher will fit in the story...and by fit, i do mean it literally: she could play Jabba right the fuck now