YesNoOk

Coming up with a tier lists for MUGEN fullgames (Read 1445 times)

Started by ROS, November 28, 2013, 04:57:09 am
Share this topic:

ROS

Coming up with a tier lists for MUGEN fullgames
#1  November 28, 2013, 04:57:09 am
I have wanted to come up with tier lists for some of the really good MUGEN fullgames that have been released this past year. The problem is that without anyone to play against, I'm often confused on how to judge if a certain character is good or bad. Any ideas on how to correctly go about doing character analysis and matchups?
Re: Coming up with a tier lists for MUGEN fullgames
#2  November 28, 2013, 08:49:00 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
If they still got Watch Mode, try using that. It's a good way to determine matchups. If not, you gotta just get a feel from playing a lot.
#3  November 28, 2013, 09:17:58 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
You can also base tiers off of individual systems and advantages.
For example one can say Blazblue < CvS due to it's many features.
Or Doggiedoo's Leo < Ryu due to his counters, damage output and priority, etc.

Obviously different characters can out rule this approach however, judging a char by it's system and advantages is a great start.
#4  November 28, 2013, 09:20:39 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
he's saying fullgames though

in which case i'll help with Super Fighter Special Edition

amazing tier:
joker, sarkov
good luck with that tier:
everyone else

ROS

#5  November 28, 2013, 04:29:59 pm
Haven't tried the Super Fighter Special Edition yet. What makes Joker and Sarkov so good that they are high on your list?
#6  November 28, 2013, 04:56:30 pm
  • Leaning my way down MUGEN! [Discord: Iara#4611]
    • Peru
Well right now I am trying to make tier lists in my MUGEN. To do so, I make everyone fight each other on watch and then i keep tally of their wins.

If your  full games still have watch mode, do that! If not you can always press CTrl + 1 and CTRL + 2 right?
#7  November 28, 2013, 05:17:34 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Well right now I am trying to make tier lists in my MUGEN. To do so, I make everyone fight each other on watch and then i keep tally of their wins.

If your  full games still have watch mode, do that! If not you can always press CTrl + 1 and CTRL + 2 right?
lol trust me, tier lists in a general MUGEN are impossible. i ranked a character into bronze based on previous performances and he ended up blowing everyone in his and the tier above him out of the water before finally being stopped. unless you got a uniform system to balance it out, it never works out haha. but i feel your struggle
#8  November 28, 2013, 08:12:37 pm
AI fights aren't a good reflection of tier lists because some AI is better than others. In addition, The best player-controlled character will beat an AI at anytime.

Tier lists are represented by who has the best tools and winnable match-ups (based on their tools and playstyle) if played by the best players. That's difficult to find out by watching AI matches.

You can list them on how well made the AI is (of course not including bosses since their tools are often overpowered), but it's not a representation of who's truly the strongest in the game.
#9  November 28, 2013, 08:53:17 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
Haven't tried the Super Fighter Special Edition yet. What makes Joker and Sarkov so good that they are high on your list?

for joker it would be his rolling attack and for sarkov it would be his grapples

i haven't played THAT much against a human player to fully gauge it though