YesNoOk

Pokemon Mugen Edition BETA 2 (Read 74131 times)

Started by Ryon, January 01, 2014, 06:38:02 pm
Share this topic:
Pokemon Mugen Edition BETA 2
#1  January 01, 2014, 06:38:02 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
[Preview]

[Download]
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1subgwn2ow2iqsr/Pokemon%20Mugen%20Edition%20Beta%202.zip
http://yadi.sk/d/2tS_IgkNFvuQr

[Comment]
Legend
- To fix / Error
+ Fixed / Adjusted

Ryon's Characters
  + Ethan Applied to all characters for player 2.
  + Added Win quotes to all pokemon.
  + Added affinity types and damage modifiers

- Blastoise
  + Decreased ATB on 3 attacks.
  + Fixed Debug flood during Hydro Pump
  - Needs some startup time on Hydro Pump. It's too immediate right now.
  + I've given Bubblebeam and Hydropump logic that ensures it does accurate damage for each.
    + Bubblebeam appears shorter, but don't change it. It's doing 65 damage now.
    + 65 particles are now spawed, as opposed to the 13 that were before. Each does 1 damage, because 65*1=65.

- Sandslash
  + Fixed Infinite Priority on FurySwipes, And Increased ATB.
  + Fixed "Getting Stuck" issue with Dig, when player is attacked during Dig (start).
  + Adjusted ATB on Dig, and move activates at 50% guage ATB fill.

- Electrode
  + Adjusted ATB on Rollout and Charge Beam
  + Rollout Squashes enemies now.

- Beedrill
  + Fixed Debug Flooding.

- Rhyhorn
  -  Megahorn needs a bit of tweaking.

- Clefable
  - Needs higher ATB on all moves. He can spam them right now.

Alexei's Characters
  + Added Win Quotes to all pokemon.
  + Removed damage dampanening.
  + Added affinity types and damage modifiers
  + Added difficult scaling to the AI.
  + AI has a threshold to wait through before being able to attack.

- Quilava
  + Made all of his blue CLSN larger
  + Increased the ATB on all moves.
  + Flamethrower has a 10% chance to cause "Burn."
  + Gave Flame Wheel a 10% chance to cause "Burn."
  + Flamethrower now does accurate damage of exactly 95 if all particles hit. 1 damage per particle.

- Skarmory
  + Air Cutter set ATB at 200 from 100.
  + Fly dives when the ATB bar is 75% recovered. Skarmory then has to wait to recovery fully instead of being able to attack right away.
  + No longer "rotated" when hit back after Fly has been used at least once before.
  + Reset rotation when landing from Fly. Before, this would cause him to reuse his previous angle right after doing fly and then having AngleDraw on him without an value defined.

- Scyther
  + Agility can't dodge attacks anymore.
  + Increased the ATB on all of his moves.

- Mewtwo
  + Made up 4 win quotes, sounding like Mewtwo from the movie.
  + Changed Psychic's hitbox to be above the ground.
  + Psychic can no longer hit enemies in the second state of Fly (while they're in the air.)
  + Psystrike can no longer hit enemies in the air. The spheres cannot follow them to the air and also die out when Mewtwo returns to standing.

- Pikachu
  + Fixed random misalignment that happened on some stages with Thunder and Thunderbolt.

- Venusaur
  + Razor Leaf can be interrupted properly now. The leaves die if Venusaur is not in state 520.

- Hitmontop
  + Fixed a bug where Endeavor would push Mewtwo back during Psycho Cut.
Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:40:12 am by Ryon
Re: Pokemon Mugen Edition BETA 2
#2  January 01, 2014, 06:44:43 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
 :bison: Thanks Ryon!

#3  January 01, 2014, 06:50:50 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
:bison:

Yes.
#4  January 01, 2014, 07:19:27 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
My stages are on action :D nice! Thanx for the beta Ryon I'll try to contribute more stages or things later.
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
#5  January 01, 2014, 09:02:46 pm
  • Smash anyone, anything, who gets in your way!
    • France
Ok so just finished the Battle mode with mah main man, Blastoise.
First off, THANK YOU no more size problems with Quilava I can now proceed to finish him with Hydro Pump. NEAT. all the bugs present in the first beta have been removed, and I even notied that it was easier to evade attack based on range or counter a few. Clashes are longer too and much more impressive to witness (Hydro Pump Against Hyper Beam for instance. That was spot on). Good job on that.

One thing though: when battling I noticed that against some Pokemons there's no music and that against others there is (the usual 8-bit theme). Why is that? Also, how come the Trainning field music cannot be changed? I changed a few but impossible to find Trainning fields in the System.def. Where can we find it?

Either way, this beta is definitly better now, so good job and keep going :D I'm gonna try other Pokemons now, too...

EDIT: The Flamethrower... Its sound effect is the one from Bubble Beam, instead of that signature burn sound effect. Bug?

EDIT 2: New bug discovered, this time it's a graphic one. When I used Hydro Pump to finish off Venusaur (who had previously seeded me with Leech Seed), I had to see a pretty interesting thing: at the moment my Hydro Pump was blasting him away, he tried to absorb some of my life. He was counted as KO and I won the battle, but he had still circa 20 percent of his lifebar left due to Leech Seed absorption. So now I wonder if he absored my life while he was being blasted against the wall, or if he absorbed it a few seconds after dying? Either way he was KO with life left. So yeah, little bug here. I tried to recreate the situation with Electrode and Quilava (randomly chosen), same result.
Ruling the world is just one checkpoint in my path!
Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:38:17 pm by Tortwag
#6  January 01, 2014, 10:59:13 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
yeah it wasnt a perfect beta, but myself and alexei havent touched the game in a long time.

So i released what we had.

we did not get music for everything.

flamethrower from quilava or clefable?

I think Leech Seed works every few ticks, but Alexei coded it he could tell you.
#7  January 01, 2014, 11:01:45 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I believe it works when P2 hurts P1, and the "life transfer" happens when P2's energy is full

#8  January 01, 2014, 11:03:19 pm
  • Smash anyone, anything, who gets in your way!
    • France
yeah it wasnt a perfect beta, but myself and alexei havent touched the game in a long time.

So i released what we had.

we did not get music for everything.

flamethrower from quilava or clefable?

I think Leech Seed works every few ticks, but Alexei coded it he could tell you.

Sure, but it was enjoyable enough for me anyway, don't worry :)

Aww, dang it... That's too bad.

Flamethrower from both actually.

Yes it does. And at the exact moment when Leech Seed activated again, Hyro Pump hit Venusaur and I won even though he had absorbed some of my life. I'm just gonna wait for Alexei's reply then.

Also,
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I believe it works when P2 hurts P1, and the "life transfer" happens when P2's energy is full
Actually the life transfer as you call it only happens when P2's energy is depleted partially. Then it absorbs life every 7 seconds or so.
Ruling the world is just one checkpoint in my path!
#9  January 01, 2014, 11:08:06 pm
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
Now this is POKEMON!
#10  January 01, 2014, 11:12:40 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Great Ryon. THIS IS REALLY GREAT!!! :D
#11  January 02, 2014, 08:34:46 am
    • USA
    • raptorkou@gmail.com
"Pokemon Theme [from Pokemon: The First Movie]" by Billy Crawford may be available for download..."

Looks like they nuked your link.
#12  January 02, 2014, 08:35:31 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Isn't nuked on my end.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#13  January 02, 2014, 08:48:28 am
    • USA
    • raptorkou@gmail.com
Seems to be just fine now. That was odd.
Refreshed a few times and suddenly I didn't get that error.
#14  January 02, 2014, 11:31:18 am
  • "The Future is Now"
The file is also on my skydrive.

In the Full Games folder.
#15  January 02, 2014, 12:59:38 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
#16  January 02, 2014, 02:29:43 pm
Great beta 2 game release. Also thanks for including my 2 stages man. Seeing them made me happy. Wish you added their music aswell.

I suggest you to balance attacks. Some are stronger than others and i can defeat some chars with just 2 times attacking. I know that Pokemon types makes the battles difficult in power and all but, this is a game afterall man. Clefable, Sandslash and most smaller Pokemon are pretty strong. I think that Blastoise, Ryhorn and Venusuar should be a bit stronger duo their size. Don't balance them on their types only if you are with that.

Other things i noticed are:

Blastoise looks misaligned when i use Razor Wind with Scyther.

Venusuar (CPU) uses the Solar Beam to the other direction when i use Quick Attack with Pikachu against him.
#17  January 02, 2014, 02:50:07 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Here's an extra stage if anyone wants it:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1ucch2

Awesome stage ExShadow! I was wondering what you were cooking up when you had asked me about it. :) I'll have to check this out and certainly add it to the update.

I suggest you to balance attacks. Some are stronger than others and i can defeat some chars with just 2 times attacking. I know that Pokemon types makes the battles difficult in power and all but, this is a game afterall man. Clefable, Sandslash and most smaller Pokemon are pretty strong. I think that Blastoise, Ryhorn and Venusuar should be a bit stronger duo their size. Don't balance them on their types only if you are with that.
The damage values are straight from Pokemon, so the only imbalance comes from the actual stats of the pokemon you're fighting against. For example, Blastoise vs Pikachu. Blastoise as more defense and attack, but Pikachu has the type advantage, so he does 200% damage. Pikachu can also paralyze Blastoise which could cost him a turn or two. Pikachu's Thunder attack is very hard to dodge as well, whereas blastoise could use Protect to guard himself or try something with Skullbash. Really, the fights write themselves due to the stats given to them by Gamefreak and Nintendo as well as their matchups here. All math in terms of type advantage is accurate too. While there's attack weakness, there's also attack resistance, where attacks do .5x the damage they normally do against a type that has the advantage. Note that there is no STAB implemented because that would really be overpowered.

Venusuar (CPU) uses the Solar Beam to the other direction when i use Quick Attack with Pikachu against him.
The pokemon are coded to face the enemy no matter what. I could fix it, but it sounds to me like you faked out Venusaur which could be an interesting tactic. Quick Attack launches the pokemon across the stage, usually behind the enemy if it misses, or even if it hits. That's why Venusaur turned.

Posted: January 02, 2014, 02:55:42 pm
Yes it does. And at the exact moment when Leech Seed activated again, Hyro Pump hit Venusaur and I won even though he had absorbed some of my life. I'm just gonna wait for Alexei's reply then.
The way Leech Seed works is that it starts a drain every time the seeded player's ATB guage hits 100% and they are ready to do their next attack. It happens in two parts. First is the life drain from the enemy. This happens immediately when that ATB hits 100%. Then is the animation to the life recovery part. Life recovers once the orbs reach Venusaur, so if the drain started before Venusaur died, but he died in the middle of that process, the game still registers him as dead and you the winner, even if he does recover life. I could probably do some limiting on the drain so that it only gives you life back if you're alive, lol.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#18  January 02, 2014, 07:03:00 pm
  • I must continue my training...
I'm not into Pokemon' but I definitely respect the work yall put into this. Great work guys.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#19  January 02, 2014, 09:14:56 pm
  • I need your help...
    • Mexico
New version! really thanks bro Venusaur is really amazing, I play whit this and My Squirtle for a Match

Contact me if you want a mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=EMU3HTMW4MPUL
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 1307-0181-1655
Name: chuchoryu
#20  January 02, 2014, 09:57:38 pm
  • Oops ! ... I Did It Again
    • Chile
    • tititity_2.0@hotmail.com
    • http://snakemugen.forochile.org/
Increíble *-* muchas gracias por su trabajo :oooooo !!!
Saludos!!!