YesNoOk

Fighter Creator - Main Thread (Read 595514 times)

Started by CSGames, December 08, 2013, 03:52:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Creator
#21  January 14, 2014, 03:47:43 am
  • Fighter Creator Developer
    • fightercreator.webs.com
Sorry again for the delay, its been taking me a lot longer to finish the help system than I thought it would so, I'm going to just post the demo and explain the basics of how Fighter Creator works here :

Demo Download  |  https://www.mediafire.com/?ffs067q8k1x50sv

Fighter Creator Basic Creation Process -

User Interface

* App Bar  |  in addition to clicking the buttons on the app bar, you can also use the number keys (not the numpad yet) to press those buttons too. e.g. If there are four buttons on the app bar, you can press the '1' key to press the first button, the '2' key to press the second button, and so on.
* Text Boxes  |  you don't have to press the enter key to confirm text input.
* Number Boxes  |  you can also use the mouse wheel to increment/decrement the value when the box is not highlighted.

Project Management

* Project Settings Button  |  located on the 'Information' panel at the bottom-right corner, allows you to edit important project settings.
   - Game Resolution  |  sets the resolution your game is designed to run on so the engine will know how to properly scale your game to other display resolutions. e.g. If your character and stage sprites are designed for a 720p resolution then you should set the game resolution to 720p.
   - Project Lock  |  prevents this project from being loaded into other Fighter Creator editors.

Event/Move Window

Is where you add functionality to a resource. So if your creating a title screen menu, you will first have to design the title screen in the 'Editor Window'. After you finish designing it, you can then create events to control those elements you've created to allow users to navigate through your menu.

Game Management

* Game Settings Window  |  is where controllers and controller buttons, reactions, and character attributes are created, and also where you set the total amount of supported players.
   - Button Mirroring  |  when characters switch sides, buttons that have this enabled swap with the buttons you've set to use for mirroring. e.g. If you created a button to move the player left and set the mirror key to a button that moves the player right, when this player ends up on the right side, the button to move the player left will become the button to move the player right.
   - Reactions  |  are special events that are created here and are defined in the 'Event Window' of each resource you want them to be usable in. Reactions can be used to play a specific animation when a character is hit by an attack or if a trap is triggered in a stage.
* Global Access  |  media, data, and events created in the 'Game Window' can be used in all the other resources ( menus, stages, characters, etc. )
* Start/End Events  |  these are another set of special events that are used to initialize and clear data. The 'Start' event runs once when your game application is ran, and can be used to display your logo, intro, or a title screen. The 'End' event runs after you use the 'Exit' function, and can be used to display things like credits or anything else you may want before your game application closes.

Gamemodes

Are used to start, reset, and end gameplay.

* Start/End events  |  gamemodes also have these events and they basically function the same except, the 'Start' event runs when you use the 'Start Gamemode' function and the 'End' event runs when you use the 'End Gamemode' function.

Note : Created projects/resources and built games are saved in your documents folder.
Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:12:56 am by CSGames
#22  January 17, 2014, 12:13:03 am
Fighter Creator Final Demo Update #1

Download  |  https://www.mediafire.com/?d8ceijarrbju8ur

Changes/Fixes -

• Sprite Sheets  -  Box can now be dragged in any direction.
  • Game Previewing  -  Resources now update properly when previewed.
  • Events/Moves Editor  -  Preview window can now be set to continuous mode.
  • Stage Player Positions  -  Characters are now positioned based on the position settings set in a stage.

Note : Previously created Fighter Creator Project/Resource files may not work with this update.

FC Demo Tutorial  |  Displaying Characters

1. Assuming you've already setup a stage for your project...

2. and imported the media your characters need.

3. Create a move for each character and use an image function in each of those moves to set the character's image.

4. Open the 'preview menu' and select the resources you want to preview, then press the preview button.

If you need any help with the demo just let me know.
#23  January 17, 2014, 12:19:16 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
@CSGames 
Can you make a quick video tutorial on how to make a character if you have time?
Im really interested in this!
#24  January 17, 2014, 01:19:14 am
Yeah I can do that, just let me know how much of the character creation process you want to see.
#25  January 17, 2014, 03:36:58 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#26  January 17, 2014, 04:35:10 am
Alright.
#27  January 21, 2014, 11:18:54 pm
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Hmm... This looks like Fighter Factory except without codings. Looks Awesome! I'll try it out.
#28  January 22, 2014, 01:26:16 am
  • stressed weeb
    • USA
    • derpyhawk@gmail.com

I'm getting this whenever I'm trying to create a new character or resource or anything really.
#29  January 23, 2014, 03:07:35 am
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
A list of other downloads would be cool if you're an XP user, this looks absolutely amazing by the way, it might be the tool I need to push me to where I want to be with coding etc., thank you so much for this!
#30  January 24, 2014, 05:28:08 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
These "hazard" things seem interesting new options for stages :)
#31  January 25, 2014, 08:47:24 pm
  • www.soundcloud.com/acemillion
Does this support 4player controller support. I would be in for that
#32  January 26, 2014, 12:02:46 am
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
I have an error message

what should I do?

MFG,
Craver
#33  January 26, 2014, 11:51:08 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
download the .dll the file.
#34  January 26, 2014, 03:54:58 pm
    • Germany
Afaik this DLL is a part of Windows and should not be missing anyway. ö.ö
#35  January 26, 2014, 05:19:30 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
#36  January 26, 2014, 06:14:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it's a visula studio and/or .net thing. AS GBK said just google the dll to know which update to install in windows.
#37  February 19, 2014, 07:02:11 pm
    • Germany
Mhhh Is his greenlight page region blocked or something like that?
I can reach it over the link in his Signature, but I'm not able to find it over my Steam software in any section of greenlight.
#38  March 06, 2014, 12:45:15 pm
Here is a quick look at the Fighter Creator Reference Manual [PDF] :

Been fixing a ton of bugs and patching up a ton of design flaws in preparation for a release by the end of this week. A final demo for Fighter Creator will be up later today, and I will be posting a couple of video tutorials tomorrow to help you get started.

I've also been adding plenty of new features and revising some older ones :

Image modification effects now run in real-time and can be adjusted on the fly using Events/Moves  - 

LFX Off

LFX On

#39  March 06, 2014, 06:23:30 pm
    • Netherlands
    • KRAKELINGCATcarnage@hotmail.com
Hey bro i really like your program but i keep getting a annoying error when i try to make a character and the error says: Runtime error 118 and some other words can you please fix that :)?
#40  March 06, 2014, 11:30:24 pm
Fighter Creator Final Demo Download : https://www.mediafire.com/?m4i160cmocitu6q

In addition to fixes a lot of issues with the program, I've also added :

• Support for 4 active players instead of just 2.
  • Support for 2 stage player layers and allowing players to jump to either layer.
  • Camera controls [ zooming and positioning ]
  • Sprite Texture Coordinate modification, great for setting up parallax scrolling on floors.
  • Screen Effects, real-time adjustments for Color Grading and Bloom effects.
  • Load Information, useful for creating loading screens.

Note : If you are having problems with this demo, try deleting the Fighter Creator folder in your documents folder.

Hey bro i really like your program but i keep getting a annoying error when i try to make a character and the error says: Runtime error 118 and some other words can you please fix that :)?
Try the latest demo, screen cap the error message if it happens again.
Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:10:30 am by CSGames