#1  March 05, 2014, 01:54:22 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:33:34 am by Kanbei
Re: Fox McCloud by Ax
#2  March 05, 2014, 02:17:14 am
There are some things that need to be worked out, like the "I'm on my way" dash being spammable, but it is not as bad as I thought it would be.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Something is definitely wrong with the G-Diffuser though.
#3  March 05, 2014, 02:18:57 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
    • Japan
#4  March 05, 2014, 02:22:38 am
    • USA
A couple more screenshots

Seems like he only has two kind of attacks, other buttons do nothing. Blaster move is a flip kick when close
No crouching attacks
Tail seems out of place, due to the rest of the sprites having black outlines

Hitboxes are strange
#5  March 05, 2014, 02:25:51 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
    • Japan
I played with his fox some more, I think he swapped him over his megaman x...  ._.
#6  March 05, 2014, 02:29:29 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
he needs to stop rushing his characters. its DK all over again. i was pretty hype to see this.
nice attempt though i do have some feedback..

1.sprites are misaligned
2.voices are weird.(i figured u would use the voices from Smash bros...but im guessing those are from the N64 fox game...so that really isnt feedback 3.if so. )
4.megaman death animation doesnt make sense...as well as the constant, continuous explosions.
5.special fx are misaligned

though starfox was definetely needed for mugen, i wish you wouldn't rush releases though. rather have a few characters that are amazing, than tons of "potential".
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:33:11 am by DJ_HANNIBALROYCE
#7  March 05, 2014, 04:48:51 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
The sprites in here are really inconsistent. For a sample, his whole upper body has black outlining, while the rest has colored outlines. That and I don't understand his palette either. He used a different set of white shades for the face when he could just have shared the ones from his jacket, and maybe the same with the... grey... thing on the side of his head, which would probably save him work when shading the sprites (if he didn't recycle body parts for his characters so much in a wrong way). Also, his mouth, it just bothers me. It extends all way to the back of his head. That's just wrong, and there's no excuse for that, no reference of Fox shows his mouth even stretching that far.

In short, it seems like he just wanted a Fox being made in mugen so badly (same with probably everything he has made). Did anyone ever talk to Ax and criticize his work? Because otherwise, I doubt he'll ever improve from doing that.

Kind of off topic, but did anyone ever see his profile on Mugen Multiverse:

Is he trying to imply something or is this some kind of bad joke?

Shit
#8  March 05, 2014, 04:51:48 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Did anyone ever talk to Ax and criticize his work? Because otherwise, I doubt he'll ever improve from doing that.
I'm pretty sure that's happened at least when he was still active here.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#9  March 05, 2014, 04:57:22 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
    • Japan
#10  March 05, 2014, 05:42:01 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
hes a lost cause ive given up giving him any kind of advice ever.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#11  March 05, 2014, 05:47:17 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I'm so glad you decided to let us know.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#12  March 05, 2014, 05:58:43 am

From what I've archived about Ax and his time here he wasn't exactly the most well-adjusted member here, so it's not too surprising.
#13  March 05, 2014, 06:12:49 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hmm... From the above comments, he seems to be the kind of person who never listens to advice or improve.

So sad...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#14  March 05, 2014, 03:47:39 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Kind of off topic, but did anyone ever see his profile on Mugen Multiverse:

He also posted this:

Thanks for the feedback but you know I guess I don't care about it. I'm happy where it is with infinites and misaligned sprites. They don't bother me and I don't notice it or it's not a problem for me. You know what I do I just don't keep pressing the button to cause an infinite. I just press it sparingly. Also in real life I doubt a guy will pause after every shot so he can be shot back fairly.

Iirc, he got banned from here for spouting something along the lines of how he became a born-again christian and how he quit mugen because downloading mugen characters was equivalent to worshipping false idols, and how he wouldn't stop quoting stuff from the bible and whatnot. Then there's the time prior to that where he used consistently make pro-nazi posts, but I'm sure someone else can provide the details of that better than I can.

More than likely this time around it's just him being a bad troll again, only this time its also showing in his works (not that his stuff was ever perfect to begin with, it just seems that hes intentionally releasing bad characters this time around)
Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:52:16 pm by Ricepigeon
#15  March 05, 2014, 04:06:58 pm
Thanks for the feedback but you know I guess I don't care about it. I'm happy where it is with infinites and misaligned sprites. They don't bother me and I don't notice it or it's not a problem for me. You know what I do I just don't keep pressing the button to cause an infinite. I just press it sparingly. Also in real life I doubt a guy will pause after every shot so he can be shot back fairly.

Mugen Multiverse ftw.

... [Ax] got banned from here for spouting something along the lines of how he became a born-again christian and how he quit mugen because downloading mugen characters was equivalent to worshipping false idols...

All hail Mugen, the land in which our idols reside. :egypt:
#16  March 05, 2014, 05:02:48 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Can we keep discussion to this (bad) character please
#17  March 05, 2014, 07:43:25 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Personally, I don't think there is anything else to talk about. Ax clearly thinks his character is as good as it is, because "it doesn't bother him", he "can't see the problems", and he thinks it's totally alright to have infinites on his characters. That all sums up the quality dedication he has on any of his characters, bcuz why improv, amirite?

Shit
#18  March 05, 2014, 08:22:17 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
You probably know this by now but THOSE SPRITES JESUS FUCK MY EYES CHRIST
#19  March 05, 2014, 08:36:45 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Ax clearly thinks his character is as good as it is, because "it doesn't bother him", he "can't see the problems", and he thinks it's totally alright to have infinites on his characters. That all sums up the quality dedication he has on any of his characters, bcuz why improv, amirite?
Damn, I'm really trying to not punch him in the face very hard, but it's like he is asking for it.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#20  March 05, 2014, 08:39:39 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
You planning on patenting that tech to punch people through the internet, Trin?
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time