YesNoOk

What Mugen creations do YOU want to MAKE in the foreseeable future, if ever? (Read 215461 times)

Started by Balthazar, March 12, 2014, 08:40:40 pm
Share this topic:
What Mugen creations do YOU want to MAKE in the foreseeable future, if ever?
#1  March 12, 2014, 08:40:40 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Mugen is a pretty hefty time-consuming hobby, and lightbulbs arise quicker then you can put out releases.
With lightbulbs I mean sparks of ideas, plans you see before you. Call it the Mugen Virus if you will.
I'm talking about characters/stages/screenpacks/other you want to create, but due to current workloads (or financial distress or family issues) you can't commit to just yet. You might, in the near future. Might take years before you get to them.

So, post your Mugen creation wishlist, the things you want to create but might not be able to do just yet, or never at all.
I'm talking about projects you yourself will create, or be heavily involved in, nothing like "I want a POTS Sakura" or whatever, that's the 'most wanted characters' thread.

For me, it's PiccoloZ2/Perfect CellZ2/BrolyZ2. Either one of those will be awesome. Both Cell and Broly will be pretty tough sprite-wise (Cell with his design and the dots, Broly due to his huge size).
I'll keep it at that for now. I do get Mugen-ideas for just about every character sprite I do (like CvS Akira Yuki, CvS Kung-Fu Man, Kirby, Red Ranger...) but luckily most of those ideas fade away after a while.

Alright, your turn!
Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:14:07 am by Balthazar
Re: Your Mugen creation wishlist
#2  March 12, 2014, 08:47:51 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I want to code some X-men characters in the style i have Batsu in.
Finish Aoko for CvTW and all the other stuff I said I would do for it too.
Code tag team without debug into my chars if I ever get a chance to
check out someone else char to see how they did it but molebox is a bitch.
Thats it for now just finish what I started I guess..
#3  March 12, 2014, 08:52:19 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Well, there are quite a few things I would love to do:

*Characters from the PSX port of Rumble Fish. I already got an Artmoney Table for that game, now I only need to figure out, how to make the background disappear, and then, nobody can stop me from doing the Rumble Fish characters!
*Characters from the Skullgirls franchise. I already have the needed sprites for most of them, I just need to solve the problem with the antialiasing, and even GoD's suggestion sadly left much anti-aliasing, too, and I'm horrible at sprite cleaning. And I also don't want to limit myself to just the playable characters (hinthint).
*Rumia in RicePigeon's old style, using zombieplasitcclock's sprites. Me and The Answer are already looking for the sprite packs for quite a while.
*PotS-styled Yaein (Lawrence Blood recolor from World Heroes 2 on the NES). Too bad I never got the motivation for that... :P
*Makoto Nanaya. I already started to compilate her SFF, but dropped, because I made a big mistake, and because I didn't had enough patience to also put together sprites with seperate limbs (what is this, freaking RUMBLE FISH?!).

There might be even more things, but I don't want to reveal too much informations at once... :P
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#4  March 12, 2014, 08:57:37 pm
I'm trying continue the "3D" Mugen project I'm working on (I'd love to reveal some details on progress this week) .

I finally have a 1080p monitor, but the desktop doesn't have enough memory to move fast enough, resulting in really slow render times (I'll probably do a 720p preview until then). I'm also planning to use the models I'm pre-rendering for EF-12. Finally, I'm trying to take some classes in computer graphics because I believe I've reached my peak as far as self-learning goes.

I also want to continue color separating KoF characters but I just can't quite find the time. There's only so many hours in a day, especially with school/work/job searching.
#5  March 12, 2014, 09:01:19 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Well, at some point in the future, I have exactly two things in mind that I know I will have the time and ability to do.

- Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo accurate Guile(will default at Turbo 2 US Speed)
- Lord Zedd from the SNES Power Rangers fighting game, accurate animation timings, close enough velocities.

God knows when I'll get to either of these, I'm still looking for ST Guile sprites!

But are there truly grown men in this world?!

Bea

#6  March 12, 2014, 09:02:50 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I'd love to finish Tetris, but no loops, no UDFs, no go.

The gamestate manager code is 570 lines long already, and it has NO turning code coded in. Without UDFs, it would take what... 3000 lines of code or more, and I would probably break the state controllers limit on a single statedef if I tried to do it... :P

The code in question:
http://www.smeenet.org/gamemanager.st.txt

Why yes, I am insane. Thank you for noticing.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#7  March 12, 2014, 09:11:28 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
- I wouldn't mind getting on the bandwagon and make a character, so that people can talk about how much i failed at it and say i should never make a character again lol.
- Being able to draw a stage from scratch. My Fight Club stage doesn't count.
- To actually finish making a screenpack.
I don't know if any of that is ever going to happen because first i'm becoming lazy, second i am slowly getting out of mugen, and third Elecbyte hasn't release a stable version of mugen 1.1 that doesn't eat up a lot of ram.
#8  March 12, 2014, 09:29:01 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
I have some stages that's been sitting on here for like a year i'd love to finish, but haven't/aren't getting done because:
-I'm a perfectionist who sets really high standards for himself yet lack certain skills to make certain things
-I lose motivation really fast
-I get lazy
-My mugen friends who make stages don't think i'll ever finish one so why bother
-I work now
-I get distracted very easily
-I don't want other people touching my shit

I used to have a bunch of ideas for other creations but they're kinda wishlisty. They could be made but requires too many resources
#9  March 12, 2014, 09:32:37 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
I have some stages that's been sitting on here for like a year i'd love to finish, but haven't/aren't getting done because:
-I'm a perfectionist who sets really high standards for himself yet lack certain skills to make certain things
-I lose motivation really fast
-I get lazy

That's just about the same for me! I lack skills in making graphical effects for stages. It's a real pain sometimes.

-My mugen friends who make stages don't think i'll ever finish one so why bother

::)

-I don't want other people touching my shit

Whatever you say Gen :smug:
#10  March 12, 2014, 09:32:57 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
If only I were better at human anatomy, I'd have started on my now-wish list:

-Tenchi Musaki
-Ryoko
-Washu (Preferably Little Washu)
-Gene Star wind
-Aiaha ClanClan
-Twilight Susuka
-BowGunner
or even Battou from GITS

...blegh.
#11  March 12, 2014, 09:35:42 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Actually I wish and I'm trying to make a "MvC Styled - rejected Darkstalkers".

Specially Gallon and Pyron.

Bills from DBZ Movie
Luffy in REAL Alpha style
Daigo from Rival Schools
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#12  March 12, 2014, 09:50:08 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Uuuuuffff, my wishlist is so huge :P but well, let's start with the projects I want to do/finish:

-Start my AODK Project once for all (fix/update Joe, finish Arma_X's Leonhalt, remake Yoshi-OK's Fuuma and make Bobby)
-Make more ClayFighter 63 1/3 (rip) and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game (resprite) chars (CF: Bad Mr. frosty and Boogerman, SPvTW: Kim Pine and maybe Stephen Stills)
-Finish my "B-kun a la POTS" chars (or at least Rose, Adon and K')
-Finish my Anti-Gouki Project fullgame
-Make more Power Instinct chars (like Larry Light from GOF, still frozen project)
-Fix all those chars that urgently need an update (like Shuma-Gorath, Yuki EX, Eagle Zero and some other more)

And for some possible works, maybe to make more from this wishlist :P

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#13  March 12, 2014, 09:51:19 pm
  • behold my power
    • USA
Custom Fei Long, SFA Ryu, T. Hawk, Balrog, and Dee Jay.
procrastination is what I have and motivation is what i lack

Spoiler: Wall of text story (click to see content)

so many hdd crashes QQ
#14  March 12, 2014, 10:07:27 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I've had this idea about a blueprints/autocad themed screenpack bouncing on my mind for a while, but I doubt it'll materialize any time soon.
#15  March 12, 2014, 10:09:10 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
The complete Mvc2 roster to be finished
#16  March 12, 2014, 10:15:15 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
When it comes to characters from existing sprites: I want to really make room for making the rest of the Crimson Alive: Extreme Encounter cast. As well as move on with Angel Star Road to see if I could make characters from it. I could also make another CF 63 1/3 / Sculptor's Cut reminiscent touhou. But blerergh

For self sprited characters: I also want to make another version of my OC, Daniel. But that sticks true to what he's supposed to be now. I also want to make a certain scary nurse from some 2creepy4me H anime, so I'd need to make the sprites for it. While I nail the artistic style of the OVA quite well, I can't animate it that well and not very good at animating slightly more complex females. Oh well. I need help on design in regards with these two as well.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#17  March 12, 2014, 10:15:39 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
A p4a character, but there's no rips for effects or sfx. Also I don't have the game, and have no way of actually being able to play it.

Here's to hoping somebody else makes this happen. :P
#18  March 12, 2014, 10:19:54 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
#19  March 12, 2014, 10:34:58 pm
  • behold my power
    • USA
I think he wants a certain someone to complete the roster or something like that *coughKamekazecough*

so many hdd crashes QQ
#20  March 12, 2014, 10:35:08 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Cyber Blue from Battle Circuit, with an MVC-styled gameplay,
and Thief from Dungeons and Dragons, with MVC-styled gameplay.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME