YesNoOk

Firen's Character Edits: Modern Mario Released (Read 3404 times)

Started by FirenLF2, March 21, 2014, 02:18:14 am
Share this topic:
Firen's Character Edits: Modern Mario Released
#1  March 21, 2014, 02:18:14 am
    • Brazil
    • victor_blackzero@hotmail.com
Modern Mario (Originally by ShinRyoga and NeOaNkH)

My favorite mugen character and his younger clone have been "updated". Mario and Luigi are now somewhat decloned:

Mario changes:

• Mario's Fireball can now be FRC'd, making Mario's ground string more powerful. To FRC (Force Roman Cancel) Mario's Fireball, press 3 buttons simultaneously at the exact time mario throws his Fireballs. If you are able to pull it out, Mario will "reset". Try not to rely on FRC only, for each time you use it, the damage multiplier will be set to a lower value (in a single combo).

• Mario's EX Tornado Spin has been replaced with a cosmic spin...

...which leads to a Wallbounce (there's a Luma there too!)

• Mario's Drill Kick will knockdown the opponent midair, granting Mario the possibility to make a Air-to-Ground string.

• DOUBLE MARIO: Mario summons two clones (QFC, QFC + k)

Each one will throw 3 fireballs and disappear. A nice setup move, and leads to nice damaging combos

• Hop Kick(F+HK): Mario hops into the air and kicks the opponent into the air, setting up for a juggle. Note that this move isn't a combo link, it's just for mixup!
      More changes to be added...
    Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?7pywlqx2qbxq4m2
    Video previews to come
Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 03:32:40 am by FirenLF2
Re: Firen's Character Edits: Modern Mario and Luigi W.I.P
#2  March 21, 2014, 04:25:35 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I assume that you are using ShinRyoga & Neo Ankh's Mario sprites for this project, right?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#3  March 21, 2014, 04:52:41 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
No, he is using Paper Mario sprites.
#4  March 21, 2014, 04:41:55 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#5  March 21, 2014, 06:07:26 pm
    • Brazil
I assume that you are using ShinRyoga & Neo Ankh's Mario sprites for this project, right?

Yes I am. I might put a beta up, but I wanted to work on a more refined juggle system, MAYBE based on a number of times that you can repeat a certain move, making Mario use more of his Jabs, instead of focusing on Medium attacks only. But then again, I don't really want Mario to be too much different from the original, so I might release two versions: Improved mario and a complete rearranged build

Posted: March 21, 2014, 10:43:37 pm
Modern Mario released. If you guys feel like it, post your combos here. Like this:
FRC Loop Combo
s.MP,s.MK, c.MP, s.HP, Fireball FRC, Dash, s.MP,s.MK, c.MP, s.HP, Fireball FRC, Dash, s.MP,s.MK, c.MP, s.HP, Fireball FRC, Dash ,s.MP,s.MK, c.MP, s.HP, Tornado Spin.

Also, I will try to make a new defensive technique and a new juggle system.
Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:43:50 pm by FirenLF2
Re: Firen's Character Edits: Modern Mario Released
#6  March 21, 2014, 10:50:59 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
That combo example, Oh wow. That seems fun to do!
I'll be testing this for awhile then :>

I'll be sure to put up a video if I come across anything nice.
#7  March 22, 2014, 01:04:11 am
    • Brazil
That combo example, Oh wow. That seems fun to do!
I'll be testing this for awhile then :>

I'll be sure to put up a video if I come across anything nice.

I really hope you like it. Try starting it out with the Double Mario Super (QCFx2 + HK)
#8  March 22, 2014, 02:06:34 am
  • Your Average MFG Forum Member
  • As Seen on Youtube
    • Brazil
    • Skype - iago-moraes
    • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300
Screenshots plz

Homina Homina Homina
#9  March 22, 2014, 02:31:20 am
    • Brazil
Screenshots plz

There you go

Posted: March 22, 2014, 03:15:11 am
Feel free to (and please) tell me what you think about Modern Mario. Too much combos, too much damage,  not enough damage. I'm my opinion, Mario builds meter too quickly, but maybe that's just me.
#10  March 22, 2014, 03:49:09 am
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • jacksonqjones@gmail.com
    • captmugen.weebly.com
I like your character, but there are a few problems mainly the CLSN boxes.

First, the stance has an odd CLSN box.

the problem is that the hat/head is too big, they can punch him in his hat. Also the other boxes seem weird to me, the box covering his legs are bigger than his torso.
It should be more like this:

if this is regards to the sprites being so small just scale them, but not too big so that the projectiles aren't out of proportion.

Next the backdash has no CLNS boxes, you have to use them for that so they cant just spam it when cornered.

last one is a minor issue is that the fireball needs the hitboxes to to be a bit more tight

I like it nice job :D
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#11  March 22, 2014, 04:10:09 am
    • Brazil
if this is regards to the sprites being so small just scale them, but not too big so that the projectiles aren't out of proportion.
That's pretty much it, I'll try to scale him to 1.05, maybe 1.1.
Edit: Mario scaled, removed invincibility from rolling (I know he could still be invincible though coding, I like it better like this) and Fireball hitboxes fixed

I like it nice job :D
Thanks =D

Posted: March 25, 2014, 01:23:24 am
Mario reuploaded
Removed coin punch infinite. Foe can now recover from falling animation. Hitboxes fixed, Mario's been scaled. Drill kick animation is faster. Uploaded a separate files for FRC too Sprites, soundclip, commands e constants included (1 state for resetting and another for helper spark)
Working on counterhit priorities for s.HP (leads to wallbounce on counterhit), hop kick (enemy can't recover from falling animation), j.HP (leads to ground bounce) and c.HP (enemy can't recover from falling animation). Maybe damage multiplier? (105 - 110% damage)
Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:21:52 am by FirenLF2
#12  March 31, 2014, 05:25:14 am
  • I Don't Get It
    • USA
    • WarManuel1994@yahoo.com
A few things I noticed (though you probably know already, but one can never be to sure :) )
- Coin Punch is unblockable while standing,   
- Spammable Heavy Coin Punch when Mario backs an enemy in the corner, which leads to a lock (Not sure if the download link was up to date or my computer is stupid), and
- Counter Coin Punch can be used with 1 bar even though it takes 2

Comments
Mario does build up the meter to quickly, but I believe it makes up for his short range and weak basic attacks.
I really like where your going with this "update" on Mario and Luigi nice job :)
#13  April 03, 2014, 11:41:22 pm
    • Brazil
A few things I noticed (though you probably know already, but one can never be to sure :) )
- Coin Punch is unblockable while standing,   
- Spammable Heavy Coin Punch when Mario backs an enemy in the corner, which leads to a lock (Not sure if the download link was up to date or my computer is stupid), and
- Counter Coin Punch can be used with 1 bar even though it takes 2

Comments
Mario does build up the meter to quickly, but I believe it makes up for his short range and weak basic attacks.
I really like where your going with this "update" on Mario and Luigi nice job :)

I'll make sure to get everything fixed. I hope you like Mario. Got some ideas for Mario and Luigi to lose EX fireballs.
Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:45:08 pm by FirenLF2