YesNoOk

Billy, the Blue Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger - Jmorphman coding! (Read 482100 times)

Started by Balthazar, April 16, 2014, 10:07:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Billy, the Blue Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger (Movie version)!
#21  April 17, 2014, 02:43:18 am
    • USA
I agree with every single design-wise decision you've made. Mixing the movie armor with the series' helmet was the best thing you could do. He looks freaking badass!
#22  April 17, 2014, 03:36:53 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Not a big fan of the shoulder armor parts. it just odd, not being flush with the rest of the suit.

Reusing the base for the females is a no-go for me, that's just not sexy enough for me dawg.
I strongly disagree; neither the show nor the movie's versions of the suits were particularly prone to showing off the actresses/stuntpeople's bodies. The uniforms are pretty unisex, besides the skirt. Which wasn't even in the movie!

I think it'd make much more sense to make some minor modifications to the male base (taking in the waist, reducing the amount of upper body mass, etc.) but not to an extreme amount. Essentially, recognizably female but not like coming off as wearing skintight spandex (cuz it's armor!). Not even the show was like that!

For gameplay, probably something like a mixture of Mahvel and SF3.
Wait what, how exactly would that work? They're pretty diametrically opposed. :S
#23  April 17, 2014, 03:46:44 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
FU*K YES!!!!!!  I want to see a good power ranger, and billy to boot.  I loved billy, he was my favorite ranger.  I will  be following this project, oh yes I will.  Is he going to be color separated so he can have the three diamonds on his chest plate?  If not, I really don't mind at all.  God yes, a good ranger in the works.  Awesome.

God, my hands are trembling too much XP

Edit: he better have the power lance and not that weird thunder stinger from the movie >..>
Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:50:50 am by The Sudden Freak
#24  April 17, 2014, 04:24:18 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Aaaww Yeah! a power ranger by balthazar!
#25  April 17, 2014, 05:06:11 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Holy mother of *insert your deity here*!
#26  April 17, 2014, 08:16:53 am
Marvel and SF3 mixtures are actually good. Blue Ranger can use his power lans in several ways as he will be using it in super moves. He can use it as one or just as two. Gambit, Donatello and Rolento are good bases for moves like that.
#27  April 17, 2014, 08:21:53 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Thanks everyone, you're quite nice!
As for the gameplay, eh forget about it for now, this is the Sprite Project thread after all!
As with Z2 chars I can do cameos like puttys but only in intros and such.
Anyway, who says I'll keep it up and work on the females. Also it wouldn't be a crime to make them less unisex from the male body.
Welp, sorry to hear you feel that way about the shoulder armor, JMM.

Yes won't be using that weird Thunder Stinger from the movie.
Eh I dunno, maybe it'll be a fun tool he can use himself to proper to various spots, or work like Web Swing.
At least it'll give him a unique feature to the other Rangers.
Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:55:29 am by Balthazar
#28  April 17, 2014, 08:24:12 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Rolento would indeed be a good source for that kind of stuff; he's propelling himself and pogoing off that thing all over the place, like a lunatic with far too many grenades and knives on his person.
#29  April 17, 2014, 03:04:41 pm
Knew there were Rangers in your future with all the practice one-off sprites. These sorts of topics are why I feel like you are secretly working on Young Gouki still. :D Anyway, you're an incredibly prolific sprinter with an eye for quality and I'm looking forward to all the future project releases to come.

Especially a decent Ranger!
#30  April 17, 2014, 04:39:45 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA

Yes won't be using that weird Thunder Stinger from the movie.
Eh I dunno, maybe it'll be a fun tool he can use himself to proper to various spots, or work like Web Swing.
At least it'll give him a unique feature to the other Rangers.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea :-) and you could use Billy Kane for some bases as well as the others mentioned, at least the sprites where his staff doesn't split.  Heh, Billy using Billy bases XP
#31  April 17, 2014, 04:57:40 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Who gonna code him?
#32  April 17, 2014, 05:23:05 pm
    • Netherlands
I'm leaving that open for now, it's just sprites for now!
#33  April 17, 2014, 06:17:43 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I got an idea for one of Billy's moves, let me explain you:

In Super Cosplay War Ultra, there's a MMPR cosplayer, Alex (one of my MUGEN WIPs from this game), who can cosplay the 6 of them in various of his attacks, just like in Pocket Fighter/Super Gen Fighter Mini Mix. In one of his combos, Alex cosplays Blue Ranger and attacks with his Blue Spear:

making 2-3 hits and also makes fall the enemy in last hit, think about Billy Kane's Rapid Cane move. I think could be a good idea for an attack ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#34  April 17, 2014, 07:23:09 pm
Take a look at this Balthazar. The move that starts at 0:23 could be a inspiration for a super move.

#35  April 17, 2014, 10:35:15 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
That animation is awesome!
#36  April 18, 2014, 02:44:53 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
That would be an awesome super move to see.

Off topic sorta: if you plan on making the male head swaps and the females would you do Jason, Zack and Trini, or Rocky, Adam and Aisha?  IMO, I think it'd be best to do the original lineup, also to honor the late Thuy Trang (Trini) by doing her justice in your style, Balthazar.  But its all up to you, if you do it of course.
#37  April 18, 2014, 10:26:58 am
    • Netherlands
Like I said I don't want to plan ahead too much (or at all) but yeah I'll definitely go with Jason, Zack and Trini for Red, Black and Yellow (though the replacements could still be in as they're only really shown in the morphing intro and perhaps a winpose Oh and the voices I suppose). Could be a config. to switch between them).
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:54:14 am by Balthazar
#38  April 18, 2014, 01:29:28 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
that's coming along nicely
#39  April 18, 2014, 03:11:11 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Like I said I don't want to plan ahead too much (or at all) but yeah I'll definitely go with Jason, Zack and Trini for Red, Black and Yellow (though the replacements could still be in as they're only really shown in the morphing intro and perhaps a winpose Oh and the voices I suppose). Could be a config. to switch between them).

Now there's an idea.  Man, I wish I could help more since I'm a die hard fan of MMPR but I have no computer and no sprinting skills.  The only thing I can do is suggest stuff from the series ><

Oh, and the spin kick is coming along nicely,  looks near perfect.  A possible dodgeroll idea could be more like Vegeta's Wolverine flip for dodgerolling back and for dodgerolling forward it could be like Goku's flikflak.  A ranger has to have flare when escaping.

EDIT: and if you implement the dagger/blaster, you could use Jill as a base for the dagger attacks and possibly for the blaster.
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:57:30 pm by The Sudden Freak
#40  April 18, 2014, 07:45:13 pm
    • Netherlands
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely put them to good use ;)
540 Kick progressed even more, about finished now, just have to work on the landing a bit.