YesNoOk

Flandre Scarlet (Code Name: 5th Saw Flanny) v0.65b UPDATED by Daniel9999999 (Read 10620 times)

Started by jaede_, June 21, 2014, 06:25:02 am
Share this topic:
Flandre Scarlet (Code Name: 5th Saw Flanny) v0.65b UPDATED by Daniel9999999
#1  June 21, 2014, 06:25:02 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
FLANDRE SCARLET

Here's the first iteration of my Flandre Scarlet character.

Released it for feedback purposes.

Screenshots:

Downloads: https://www.mediafire.com/?mzq0pqd20gir02g

Btw I'm sure I forgot to mention someone in the credits. I'll change it for the next release if I don't forget.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 08:45:35 pm by Daniel Gajardo
Re: Flandre Scarlet (Code Name: 5th Saw Flanny) v0.6 RELEASED by Daniel9999999
#2  June 21, 2014, 02:46:27 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Okay so.
-Both her cr.Heavies are sliding sweep attacks. I know that there was an issue concerning sprite limits, but you could try your hand at frankenspriting.
-Her j.HP has pretty slow start-up.
-If its a 6-button character, her throws should be mapped with close f.heavies. I know you have a command normal with f.HP, but you could re-arrange that.
-The QCFx2 K super either doesn't work, or isn't implemented yet.
-So I noticed that the colors on the score numbers remind me of Jamaica a lot. Was that intentional?
-Another super doesn't have Flame Hyenard's famous quote since it is called 'BURN TO THE GROUND'.
That's all I have so far.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#3  June 21, 2014, 07:37:40 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
Also in regards to Clone Koa (I don't wanna bump that thread), one of her normals is an overhead, and if it is chained from other normals, it should not have its overhead properties.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#4  June 21, 2014, 08:05:18 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Okay so.
-Both her cr.Heavies are sliding sweep attacks. I know that there was an issue concerning sprite limits, but you could try your hand at frankenspriting.
-Her j.HP has pretty slow start-up.
-If its a 6-button character, her throws should be mapped with close f.heavies. I know you have a command normal with f.HP, but you could re-arrange that.
-The QCFx2 K super either doesn't work, or isn't implemented yet.
-So I noticed that the colors on the score numbers remind me of Jamaica a lot. Was that intentional?
-Another super doesn't have Flame Hyenard's famous quote since it is called 'BURN TO THE GROUND'.
That's all I have so far.

-The thing is 2Z is meant as a short range knock up comboable move, 2C does not have these properties and sends the opponent to the opposite side.
-j. HP's slow startup was meant to compense the big frame advantage on ground it has, given how short the combo systems' Autodouble Y/B startup goes I think I might be able to shorten both hittimes and startup.
-Rearranged.
-I forgot to mention it's an air only super, much like one of Kung Pow's.
- +
-I would need a voice actress for that.

Also in regards to Clone Koa (I don't wanna bump that thread), one of her normals is an overhead, and if it is chained from other normals, it should not have its overhead properties.

-Cite a game that does this, then cite another game that doesn't and I'll be convinced. :P Nevermind, I see how it applies now.
Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 08:52:16 pm by Daniel Gajardo
#5  June 21, 2014, 08:43:29 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
#6  June 21, 2014, 09:06:11 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
Here's my feedback from a couple of play-tests:

-Both 5B and 2B are safe on block.  Frankly, the only fighting game I've played recently is Blitzkampf and that may not be applicable to other fighting games (Most normals in Blitzkampf have cornerpush to make up for rough frame advantage.  Give examples of medium normals actually having safety.

-I haven't seen stranger placement of blue collisions since..well 9's old Melty Blood characters:

Is there any justification for this?

-Front and back dash would look better if Flandre bounced and landed once. 

-Chainsaw Massacre hits up to 7 times with the light version and up to fifteen with the strong version.
While it has small damage, I think you could modify it to 3-4 for the light version, 5-6 hits for medium, and 7-8 for the strong version to give a sense of reasonable progression. 
An interesting suggestion would be to also give the medium and strong versions addtional properties to make players think "light version gives me the most safety, but the medium version ends with a move that trips a crouching opponent.

-All versions of Photonic Repulsion are same, with damage being the only noticable difference.

I'm going to PM along a .zip file containing a few palettes I made and potential voice clips to use.
Re: Flandre Scarlet (Code Name: 5th Saw Flanny) v0.65b UPDATED by Daniel9999999
#7  June 21, 2014, 09:34:25 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Here's my feedback from a couple of play-tests:

-Both 5B and 2B are safe on block.  Frankly, the only fighting game I've played recently is Blitzkampf and that may not be applicable to other fighting games (Most normals in Blitzkampf have cornerpush to make up for rough frame advantage.  Give examples of medium normals actually having safety.

you find -5 and -7 with low velocities respectively safe on block? Specially when most of her other alternatives are unsafe?

-I haven't seen stranger placement of blue collisions since..well 9's old Melty Blood characters:

Is there any justification for this?

That extra blue hitbox is there to give her less physical priority, without them that move would be even more abusable.

-Front and back dash would look better if Flandre bounced and landed once. 

The thing is I made it so if you hold the buttons you can continously dash until you let go of the button. But I'm seeing how intrusive it can get.

-Chainsaw Massacre hits up to 7 times with the light version and up to fifteen with the strong version.
While it has small damage, I think you could modify it to 3-4 for the light version, 5-6 hits for medium, and 7-8 for the strong version to give a sense of reasonable progression. 
An interesting suggestion would be to also give the medium and strong versions addtional properties to make players think "light version gives me the most safety, but the medium version ends with a move that trips a crouching opponent.

Medium does 12 though, I could bring Chainsaw Massacre light for 9. This char's charge move exists only for the reason of the comboing system, which mostly differs in speed only in the game I'm basing it off.

-All versions of Photonic Repulsion are same, with damage being the only noticable difference.
And Strong version has a bigger hitbox, weak version has -7, medium version has -9 and strong version has -10 (all in block), strong version having a little delay to compensate for the equal frame advantage. And they differ by a slight change in trayectory

I'm going to PM along a .zip file containing a few palettes I made and potential voice clips to use.

Go ahead!