a little sugestion (Read 26834 times)

Started by Nero from Lodran, June 23, 2014, 06:33:06 pm
Share this topic:
a little sugestion
#1  June 23, 2014, 06:33:06 pm
  • the imortal fenix,and that drama queen :'v
  • "accept what you did and never turn back.."
    • Brazil
I download the fighter creator and the atualizations and when in start to use i really have some real dificulties to do the things,but i rrad the manual and still have those problems,my sugestion is to put some base project like kfm game on Mugen in this show the capacibilities of this new fighting game motor.. and make more easy to do the things...
I have some other sugestions too like
Mugen stuff covertor,stages,chars,screenpacks...
letter to myself:forgeting about a credit can make a apocalipse! :v
The most happy gotic you have seen...(or not)

Sonic freedom fighters delta - actual state: ???
"all life form data..."
Re: a little sugestion
#2  June 26, 2014, 02:00:25 am
  • Fighter Creator Developer
    • fightercreator.webs.com
Yeah, I'm going to release a small project to help get you guys going soon.

Can't convert Mugen files for use with Fighter Creator.
#3  July 05, 2014, 09:00:43 pm
  • Celestial Tear: Video games and comics collide
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
Yeah, I'm going to release a small project to help get you guys going soon.

Can't convert Mugen files for use with Fighter Creator.

Just something small will do. A character with all basics a few specials, ex moves etc. A stage,menu something small and playable and if it has potential I'll give you my $20. When I looked at your videos in steam Venom was very misaligned and there did not look to be much shadows under the characters. Those are things we are going to be looking for. Personally for me that kind of turns me off that you made the program but it does not seem that you were able to use it properly. Not saying that I do not think you can but if this is going to be something we are paying for it has to be at least as good as mugen or better. I'm an indie developer and I am browsing for an engine to use for a commercial fighting game in 2015.

Some questions I have regarding that.

I noticed you have a commercial version of your engine as well as exporting options what platforms does this include?

Is there any chance that you could implement an online mode? I noticed also that you have a section for different game modes. Is there some sort of coding language and how flexible is it?
Currently working on the beat em' up fighter called the Union.
#4  July 06, 2014, 05:36:01 am
Yeah, I'm going to try to provide as much content as possible for the demo to help you guys get going.
The videos on the steam page were just quick and basic demonstrations to show how the engine processes your projects.
Fighter Creator will undoubtably be much better overall than Mugen, just have to mature the design.

Games made with FC will only work on Windows.

Yes, FC will have online support. There isn't any coding languages involved, Game Modes are created the same way other resources are, like Characters.
#5  July 06, 2014, 06:08:52 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
Awesome! '

So achievements, online leader boards, online multiplayer is all of that possible with your engine?

I also noticed that you have a way of making destructible or changing elements on a stage depending on a characters actions. Did I read that right or am I wrong. If so that is another selling point for me.

Is there a way to implement mini games into your engine or game mechanics that can be accessed through certain modes?

For example if I had a tech type of character going through a story mode he could choose his types of weaponry between matches. Or have a map in which you choose the next area you would want to proceed to for your next match. I think what I am asking now is how flexible is your engine.

Lastly if I wanted to port the game to another platform is this allowed within the commercial license agreement? Will you offer the source code with the commercial license?
#6  July 06, 2014, 06:35:01 am
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • jacksonqjones@gmail.com
    • captmugen.weebly.com
so you're trying to make a 2D.5 engine??? U RULE will the module maker be inside or not?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#7  July 06, 2014, 06:44:48 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
so you're trying to make a 2D.5 engine??? U RULE will the module maker be inside or not?

Its a 2d engine. there is a 2.5D engine for Unity called UFE3d. He is basically making a more easy to use Mugen engine with online capabilities and features. With a much more flexible interface when it comes to game modes and features such as character unlocks and stage manipulation. Things such as real time color change to make transitions from night and day.
#8  July 06, 2014, 06:52:38 am
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • captmugen.weebly.com
that's what he said fighter maker HQ

anyways i'll make it 2.5d using blender
Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:55:41 am by 21
#9  July 06, 2014, 02:45:07 pm
@trexrell44,

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Fighter Creator has a very open design where only the most important things needed to setup a complete game are hard coded in. Everything else is created by the user through the use of variables and the functions FC provides. So for example, you will have to create your own damage systems and even control the life bars.
Your allowed to but, since FC was developed using Dark Basic Pro, I don't know how difficult or how long it would take to get it running on another platform. The source code for FC won't be included with the commercial edition.

@21,

Yeah, Fighter Creator will later support 2.5d and 3D fighting games.
#10  July 06, 2014, 06:31:56 pm
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
Awesome! I will be watching this. If you can get some of these features out on your steam page and website to let people know what you can do with the program it will help out immensely with your efforts. I am very exited for this now that I know what you could do. Quick tutorials on this stuff would really help sell this. I am now a huge fan and I can not wait to see this in action. I do not think you have enough information out and if you want to sell this to more people that will help.
#11  July 08, 2014, 03:47:38 am
Yeah I know, just trying to make sure the core of the engine is working the best it possibly can first, then I'm going to start working on a bunch of resources to help get things going.

Should have another update ready to go by the end of the month.
#12  July 08, 2014, 07:11:40 am
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • captmugen.weebly.com
sound good i should have my copy by tomorrow lol
#13  July 09, 2014, 08:46:14 am
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • captmugen.weebly.com
you should be able to select multiple sprites at a time
#14  July 09, 2014, 08:07:35 pm
Where at?
#15  July 09, 2014, 09:16:39 pm
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
I downloaded the character template but there does not see to be any sprites for it.
#16  July 09, 2014, 10:35:58 pm
  • wumbo
    • USA
    • captmugen.weebly.com
#17  July 09, 2014, 11:12:35 pm
@trexrell44,

The character template is there just to add basic features to your own characters. You have to add in your own sprites for it.

@21,

To animate a character? If so, then use the "Add Animation" button instead of adding an image frame.
Now if your talking about importing images, then use the "Import Image" button to add every image in a specific folder.
#18  July 10, 2014, 01:09:24 am
    • USA
    • trexrell44@hotmail.com
Ok cool. i'll give it a try.