YesNoOk

Help with tweaking chars (Read 920 times)

Started by Mugetsu-x, August 15, 2014, 09:40:29 am
Share this topic:
Help with tweaking chars
#1  August 15, 2014, 09:40:29 am
    • Mexico
    • dinomonstercreator@hotmail.com
Hi, I've been trying to work on balancing my Megaman/X/Zero/ZX compilation game, I have been doing this mostly by modifying stats and or individual attack damage, however, there are at least 4 characters that give me some trouble that can't be solved this way.

- Zero (MMX4) by Shikkoku: Nerfing his attack to 80 was acceptable but nerfing his defense makes him way too easy to kill when played, and it doesn't help much when used by the AI because his AI is kinda cheap, relentless attacks and takes full advantage of mercy invincibility, however he can be caught in certain multihit attacks so I would just like to tone down the AI, no idea how.

- Ultimate X and Final Sigma W by Ahuron. AI is fine but their mercy invincibility is really op, they only take a single hit without a chance for multihit attacks ever, I would like to tweak this invincibility so they could take more hits before it kicks in.

- Sigma (MMX1) author unknown, but at least I can tell it's not N64Mario's. I found it here http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/37-megaman-complete-series/ same issue as above, his mercy invincibility doesn't allow for more than a single hit, which makes them very difficult to kil and almost unkillable by some (ironically, Shikkoku's Zero has trouble against all these because his triple slash combo does like 9 hits but only 1 does damage and it's minimal)

Help is appreciated, I could upload the files if needed or copypaste the CNS. Thanks in advance
Re: Help with tweaking chars
#2  August 15, 2014, 12:26:18 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Well, for the first issue, toning down AI requires recoding it and limiting the moves it can do. This requires knowledge of character coding and AI in general.

For the other two, they're using custom hit-states, which will do exactly what you're talking about: allow for only one hit and not combos for the most part. This, would require recoding the character to use normal hit states.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#3  August 15, 2014, 01:15:40 pm
    • Mexico
Ok, thanks for the info, still, anyone willing to try? I don't really know much about coding myself. I guess I have to leave Zero as he is but maybe modifying the custom hit states can be done.

Changing their custom hit states could be the solution for al these chars Zero, the 2 Sigmas and Ultimate X, there are even a few sources of the hitstate I would like to use, chars like Ultimate Zero and Copy X by Bluecross, even Omega Zero by N64 Mario updated by Bluecross has a similar time window before invinibility kicks in, either of these 3 chars' data could help. It's pretty much all I'm missing to finish the compilation game, so I humbly ask for help from anyone who can and or wants to lend me a hand, I'm kinda sucky at math/programming myself outside minor stuff.
Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:34:56 pm by Mugetsu-x
#4  August 17, 2014, 08:46:25 pm
    • Mexico
[UPDATE]

Well, here are the contents of the CNS file for Sigma from MMX1, maybe if I can figure or be told how to tweak this I can do the others myself, I was going to post just the nothitby/hitoverride parts but maybe they could be confusing out of their original context so I'm pasting the whole CNS file.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

What I would intend to achieve is to allow a small time window from the first hit to when invincibility kicks in, possibly 1 or 2 seconds, I have been trying to tweak values but when playtesting it still only akes a single hit from any attack and goes invincible. Help is very much appreciated. This file is intact save for the attack lowered to 70 which might be a temporary solution, if Sigma can be hit more times then maybe his damage could be restored to normal and still be defeatable despite being a boss. The only other change I made was to turn the music related states to comment because they override any other background music.
Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 07:00:18 pm by Mugetsu-x
#5  August 18, 2014, 10:27:19 am
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
1. use tag code & spoiler, its long post and bad to read
2.change the encoding to japanese Shift JIS before posting that code, so we can translate the japanese word from that code

EDIT:
use tag code to make people easier to tell difference between your comment or a code. why didn't you use tag code button.
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:02:39 am by yaminogun
#6  August 18, 2014, 05:03:53 pm
    • Mexico
Sorry. I was in a rush. I'll do that when I have some free time today. EDIT: Already added some tag code, i put in bold the parts I think are related to the custom hit states and in italics the deactivated music invisible helper.
Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:57:33 pm by Mugetsu-x
New #7  August 19, 2014, 10:24:33 am
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
EDIT: Already added some tag code
this is what happen when you put tag code:
whatever
i do it for you
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here