YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2919469 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#481  December 14, 2014, 10:22:49 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
pc games have graphic settings
This, plus showing the game at its apparent minimal settings in an event as important as Capcom Cup doesn't make much sense...
But seriously, the low poly geometry of the kettle, pipes, and low-res textures on the walls, lack of spec maps and bump maps makes this look like a PS2 game. Also let's remember that this game is supposed to display a huge jump as far as graphics goes compared to SFIV.

Oh well they have one year to improve things.
Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:45:19 am by S.D.
#482  December 14, 2014, 10:43:23 am
yeah i don't buy that excuse at all
#483  December 14, 2014, 11:17:12 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
My only worry is if they update it constantly like they did with SFIV.
What was wrong with what they did to SF4? This will probably be the last SF game (kinda like they thought SF4 would be). Why is it bad that they keep adding more fun stuff to the game over time?
#484  December 14, 2014, 11:23:12 am
Because they're selling an incomplete product with a plan to charge more for more later, without disclosing this up front. When I buy something I expect to buy a whole thing.

Releasing a new version devalues the money spent on previous versions. How much did people who bought SF4 early and kept up with it spend on ONE game?

Companies have really got to stop punishing early adopters this way.
#485  December 14, 2014, 11:25:35 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
#486  December 14, 2014, 11:31:52 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Or they made vanilla SF4 to see how well it'd be received and after a success they made an upgraded version.
When you're dealing with fighting games you basically have to understand that you're giving a lot of donations because the games are NOT going to sell like hot cakes either.

Early adopters get early access. SF4 came out in 2008. You can't say they anticipated all the updates they've given to it in the last 6 years. I wish they'd make updates to older series as well.
#487  December 14, 2014, 12:17:42 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
This will probably be the last SF game
Nah.
Because they're selling an incomplete product with a plan to charge more for more later, without disclosing this up front. When I buy something I expect to buy a whole thing.

Releasing a new version devalues the money spent on previous versions. How much did people who bought SF4 early and kept up with it spend on ONE game?

Companies have really got to stop punishing early adopters this way.
Wow, self entitled gamer.
1. A product is released as finished (Yes with some DLC plans, because that's how the game market works nowadays, Capcom isn't the only company guilty of this, deal with it)
2. Fans enjoy it and they ask for more.
3. Company releases more content as per fan request.

Is is really hard for you to grasp such a simple concept?
Be a gigantic baby and don't buy the game, some of us have all the versions of SFIV (including both digital upgrades along with disc versions. And then DLC... which we got for free with the Ultra disc), it's not a huge investment since it was done over the course of half a decade, you're being unreasonable
#488  December 14, 2014, 01:14:27 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Nice that Charlie is back.
#489  December 14, 2014, 01:24:54 pm
They kept the revenge meter ? :blank: If I had a hat I'd eat it. At least it might be different with that Dragon Install-like system.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#490  December 14, 2014, 03:40:43 pm
Would say I told you so but besides not being my style I was hoping I'd be wrong. :P
Know it was a live demo and stuff, but wish they went a little more in depth on it.

How much did people who bought SF4 early and kept up with it spend on ONE game?

$60
And then they spent more on new content years down the line. Not seeing what's wrong with that.
Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:48:29 pm by Jiinx
#491  December 14, 2014, 06:03:58 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
so disappointed that not only do the throws look like the same slow old sf4 ones they actually thought they fit in a game with parries and a mechanic that makes stages wider. thanks capcom*

*by capcom i mean the dev team thats handling this
#492  December 14, 2014, 08:07:13 pm
Where was the parry announced ? I haven't seen it in the gameplay trailer or the Cup match.

... I just noticed the hands in the Hadouken. They weren't really obvious / clear in SF4, were they ? They're very visible now.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:11:50 pm by DKDC

SNT

#493  December 14, 2014, 08:46:22 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
It was in the extended trailer. Chun Li takes two heavy hits with a different blocking animation than normal, and unique hitsparks, but it could've just as easily been pre-guard-break or some sort of just defense.
#494  December 14, 2014, 08:57:04 pm
In the extended gameplay trailer (Ryu vs Chun-Li with Nash at the end) I do see a jump-in punch from Ryu followed by a high kick as he just landed, resulting in Chun-Li blocking at guts level (while standing) and high (above her head). That seems to me like the blocking animation (and probably the gethit animations) adapt to the attack height (possibly the area of contact, but more likely the height defined by the attack) for a different animation. Is that what this is about ? I'm not finding any particular instance of a special block animation other than that.
As for the hitsparks, it just looks like "medium block" and "heavy block" versions of the same thing to me.

Oh, also it sounds very weird that they'd tease something as big as that in something as quick as that and making it very unclear. It's more likely that it's something much more common.
Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:09:46 pm by DKDC
#495  December 14, 2014, 09:20:55 pm
    • Peru
For me it could be two things:

1) A new block mechanic (like Just Defend in GG)
2) A visual gimmick to reflect a blocked attack, like happens in Tekken, where the animation changes depending if the attack was successful or not.
#496  December 14, 2014, 09:56:24 pm
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Wow, self entitled gamer.
1. A product is released as finished (Yes with some DLC plans, because that's how the game market works nowadays, Capcom isn't the only company guilty of this, deal with it)

Well, there are certain titles that get day one patches, but I'm just patching this in due to experience.

Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:14:49 pm by The Aboriginal One
#497  December 14, 2014, 10:09:01 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
For me it could be two things:

1) A new block mechanic (like Just Defend in GG)
2) A visual gimmick to reflect a blocked attack, like happens in Tekken, where the animation changes depending if the attack was successful or not.

from some of the comments it seems that the gethits are more varied, maybe they did the same with the block animations.
#498  December 14, 2014, 10:42:42 pm
    • Peru
Looks cool whatever the reason behind it is.
#499  December 14, 2014, 10:51:30 pm
    • USA
I don't get it, does the people think gethits and guarding animations work like in the old 2D games or something? Varied guarding animations depending of what hits you and where were a thing in SFIV already.
#500  December 14, 2014, 10:52:09 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Or they made vanilla SF4 to see how well it'd be received and after a success they made an upgraded version.
When you're dealing with fighting games you basically have to understand that you're giving a lot of donations because the games are NOT going to sell like hot cakes either.

Early adopters get early access. SF4 came out in 2008. You can't say they anticipated all the updates they've given to it in the last 6 years. I wish they'd make updates to older series as well.

lets not forget balance patches , since from what I undrstood , changing characters still require money , so having an update version is gana happen anyway since people well still complain about certion characters being overpowered and such