YesNoOk

It's possible to duplicate sprites like this... (Read 1127 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, January 06, 2015, 11:47:19 am
Share this topic:
It's possible to duplicate sprites like this...
#1  January 06, 2015, 11:47:19 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
A friend of mine and I have an idea for an original character we are spriting, and it's something like this...

we want to make him like a char that can manipulate time and space and use that as a fighting style, he gave me ideas, it sounds a bit like a mix of Zato=1 and Quan Chi, you know, like teleporting in some areas or doing punches or kicks without actually using the punches (like shadows, or other things) anyways, that's just to give you a vague idea of how the character will be...

the second thing and what I want to know if it's possible is to code a Loose pose like this, I will try to describe it as best as possible

CHARACTER LOSS

the character falls into his knees he is staring at you (that would be made with spriting of course) and he opens a "portal" and use it as a escape tunel, coming back from another one in the same screen but, here's the deal, throwing or hitting a clone from the 1p character (the one that wins)

in other words, let's say Joe Higashi won the fight, my character goes to the tunel and reappears in screen with another Joe Higashi in a GetHit state like a way of showing that my character travel to another dimension were the outcome was different and my character won...

so, it's possible to show 2 times the player one in the same screen, first one doing his winpose and second one appearing beated by my character?

I'm asking if this could be possible using the gethit sprites, animations or states in any character or if the only way to make this happen is to code that thing into individual characters o:

any help an ideas would be appreciated!!

btw the character is the one on my signature, seems like he will be done finally!
            Zorf Giudecca
Re: It's possible to duplicate sprites like this...
#2  January 06, 2015, 03:51:43 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
The main problem with this is that you cannot access the opponent's .sff file without first putting the opponent in a custom state.

So unless you already have the opponent's gethit sprite in your own .sff or in the fightfx. It won't work.

You could put the opponent in a custom state when he goes into his victory pose, but 9/10 times victory poses don't have any CLSN2s on them. And even if you did put them in a custom state at that point, mugen may or may not freak out.
#3  January 06, 2015, 07:36:57 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
To test the possibility, I suggest you create a means to do the following:

-Prevent opponent from killing you so you stay at 1 life.
-Create a Helper in State -2 with trigger1 = Life <= 1, which performs a full-screen attack to put P2 into a custom state.
Read this tutorial for ideas
-SIMULATENOUSLY, have a LifeAdd kill you.

If the opponent remains in the custom state into the Win Pose, then you have a chance.  Either way, I could see this causing bugs unless you can add some fail-safes to those actions above.

#4  January 06, 2015, 08:51:24 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
is there a way I can perform a full-screen attack that damage both opponents?

in that way, my character will loss the fight and the enemy will enter into a custom state to recreate the idea...

not sure if possible, but I hope it can be done without adding custom sprites to the char, I would like to make this works in any char out there

thanks for the tips and ideas so far :)
            Zorf Giudecca
#5  January 06, 2015, 09:05:41 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
In the hitdef "affectteam = B" will cause the hitdef to attack both you and the opponent