YesNoOk

Claire Redfield by armin_iuf (Read 20418 times)

Started by GTOAkira, April 26, 2015, 08:39:51 pm
Share this topic:
Claire Redfield by armin_iuf
#1  April 26, 2015, 08:39:51 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Re: Claire Redfield by armin_iuf
#2  April 26, 2015, 08:50:40 pm
interesting. i hope they had pizzaman permission before doing it..
let's try her
#3  April 27, 2015, 12:42:58 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Hahaha permissions.
We're not in 2007 anymore.
#4  April 27, 2015, 08:13:50 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Totally digging Claire! I'd like to see her basic attacks sped up a bit.
I think if you found a sound effect for the gun shells bouncing it'd be pretty sweet

I love the ultra where she jumps on the bike!
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  April 27, 2015, 10:31:13 pm
  • "One Man Can Make The Difference"
When I try to run Claire on my winmugen, it crashed. there's this problem:

Error message: invalid trigger: const720p
Error parsing [State 5100,8]
Error in [Statedef 5100]
Error in claire.cns
Character is not designed to run on this version of M.U.G.E.N.
Error loading chars/claire/claire.def
Error loading p1

Library error message: Died parsing sysvar(1) > Const720p(20)) + (sysvar(1) > Const720p856)))

Only Claire has this problem; leon is running without problems. :/

Is claire suitable for winmugen or not? (the mugenversion says "27,2,2015", so it would be for 1.0 and upper) :(
Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:45:57 pm by tigerblade
#6  April 27, 2015, 10:33:33 pm
Claire's a pretty good character.  She doesn't turn into KFM when blocking or anything, her attacks fit (the spinning kick and fireball charge are interesting choices, but they still work), and the palettes are nice.....4 out of 5, if I had to give her a numbered rating (which I guess I just did :D)
#7  April 28, 2015, 03:57:47 am
  • For honor!
* The sprites of her bike look strangely .jpg-like and don't really match Claire's sprites at all.

* Her intro causes debug flood.

* Really choppy animation just about everywhere.

* The author sure seems to like animating on 6s and higher which I assume is to take away from her lack of frames. Really it just makes her feel very sluggish.

* The high number of ticks for each frame also cause attack frames to linger for longer than they should so you can, for example, get hit just by walking into her leg while it hangs out there for 27 ticks in her crouching strong kick.

* There's no reason to beef her life up to 1200. She's not some big and slow tank type character.

* I like how the blood effects are barely noticeable from the bullet fx because of the darker shade of orange?

* The shading needs work. Her legs are kinda on the pillow shaded side, her hair's shininess looks more like pink highlights, and she appears to have mistaken her bras for chocolate sauce.

* The CLSN needs a lot of work. Stuff like this

can be made a lot simpler and more practical. Auto CLSN is not how to do things.

* If her crouching strong punch is supposed to be a marvel style launcher it doesn't work at all because you can't cancel into a jump off of hitting with it.

* Most of her normals but not all of them do chip damage for some reason. Goes together like hot sauce and fresh paper cut with her block strings.

* Oh yeah she's surprisingly safe on all her moves because of how long her active attack frames are.

* Why is she able to throw off of all her attack buttons including her weaks? It makes even less sense considering that they all do the same throw.

* Also what's with her not having blue CLSN during her grabbing frame.

* I was wondering why hitting her during her medium kick makes her airgethit from ground level when you punish it regardless of her previous altitude only to realize this actually does not use vertical velocities. The jumping was done in the .air. What...why...the author clearly knows how to code velocities...Huh?!

* Also considering that she's doing a jumping attack it should hit as an overhead and be less safe.

* Why is it even her normal medium kick. A move like that should be a command normal.

* All of her gun moves cause debug flood too. The author needs to work on his helper coding...

* I don't get the design idea behind her QCF kick special. So the opponent gets wall bounced and then enters a dizzy state after landing on the floor. During this dizzy state, none of your moves except for the jab hit the opponent? I have a better idea...Why not just forget the mostly invincible dizzy state and have the wall bounce part set the opponent up for a juggle?

* I guess the reloading mechanic is an interesting drawback to her zoning abilities if it wasn't like, inconsistent as her grenade launcher appears to have infinite ammo.

* Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku and Shinku Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (No seriously she even uses Ryu's whirlwind effect and everything)? How exactly do they have anything to do with Claire Redfield?

* FX should not be drawn with the sprites. Especially the fx with her fireball dash.

* Also, the fireball dash sharing commands with her level 3 super is just silly because what if I was at level 3 and wanted to do the level 1 super instead of the level 3? There are more super commands that can be used in this input style than just double quarter circle.

* Super hits give power back. Getpower = 0 in super hitdefs always unless you're a cyberbots character.

* Her level 3 is...not very dynamic. Like, every hit is slow and a good chunk of the auto combo is Claire doing her fierce punch over and over and over. Like, really?

Yeah this character needs a lot of work with her sprites, animation, and most certainly her coding.
Iroha stripped for me
#8  April 28, 2015, 03:16:12 pm
  • Half-Dead Shinzaki
  • Meme Machine
    • USA
    • mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/24324-our-works-directory/
* The sprites of her bike look strangely .jpg-like and don't really match Claire's sprites at all.

* Her intro causes debug flood.

* Really choppy animation just about everywhere.

* The author sure seems to like animating on 6s and higher which I assume is to take away from her lack of frames. Really it just makes her feel very sluggish.

* The high number of ticks for each frame also cause attack frames to linger for longer than they should so you can, for example, get hit just by walking into her leg while it hangs out there for 27 ticks in her crouching strong kick.

* There's no reason to beef her life up to 1200. She's not some big and slow tank type character.

* I like how the blood effects are barely noticeable from the bullet fx because of the darker shade of orange?

* The shading needs work. Her legs are kinda on the pillow shaded side, her hair's shininess looks more like pink highlights, and she appears to have mistaken her bras for chocolate sauce.

* The CLSN needs a lot of work. Stuff like this

can be made a lot simpler and more practical. Auto CLSN is not how to do things.

* If her crouching strong punch is supposed to be a marvel style launcher it doesn't work at all because you can't cancel into a jump off of hitting with it.

* Most of her normals but not all of them do chip damage for some reason. Goes together like hot sauce and fresh paper cut with her block strings.

* Oh yeah she's surprisingly safe on all her moves because of how long her active attack frames are.

* Why is she able to throw off of all her attack buttons including her weaks? It makes even less sense considering that they all do the same throw.

* Also what's with her not having blue CLSN during her grabbing frame.

* I was wondering why hitting her during her medium kick makes her airgethit from ground level when you punish it regardless of her previous altitude only to realize this actually does not use vertical velocities. The jumping was done in the .air. What...why...the author clearly knows how to code velocities...Huh?!

* Also considering that she's doing a jumping attack it should hit as an overhead and be less safe.

* Why is it even her normal medium kick. A move like that should be a command normal.

* All of her gun moves cause debug flood too. The author needs to work on his helper coding...

* I don't get the design idea behind her QCF kick special. So the opponent gets wall bounced and then enters a dizzy state after landing on the floor. During this dizzy state, none of your moves except for the jab hit the opponent? I have a better idea...Why not just forget the mostly invincible dizzy state and have the wall bounce part set the opponent up for a juggle?

* I guess the reloading mechanic is an interesting drawback to her zoning abilities if it wasn't like, inconsistent as her grenade launcher appears to have infinite ammo.

* Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku and Shinku Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (No seriously she even uses Ryu's whirlwind effect and everything)? How exactly do they have anything to do with Claire Redfield?

* FX should not be drawn with the sprites. Especially the fx with her fireball dash.

* Also, the fireball dash sharing commands with her level 3 super is just silly because what if I was at level 3 and wanted to do the level 1 super instead of the level 3? There are more super commands that can be used in this input style than just double quarter circle.

* Super hits give power back. Getpower = 0 in super hitdefs always unless you're a cyberbots character.

* Her level 3 is...not very dynamic. Like, every hit is slow and a good chunk of the auto combo is Claire doing her fierce punch over and over and over. Like, really?

Yeah this character needs a lot of work with her sprites, animation, and most certainly her coding.

Imo you should have shown her crouching strong kick for the clsns part, but you pretty much took the words out of my fingers.

Anyway, time for Leon:
-The car in his intro, like Claire's bike, looks jpg'ed.

-His walking animations look really odd.

-Personal nitpick: His gunshots don't sound like gunshots, at all, it makes the QCB super even more dull, the same for his knife attack.

-His launcher can't be jump canceled out of if it was intended for that purpose.

-You can chain DF, KK three times if you have full meter, I think it even OTG'd at one point.

-His 1st ultra combo is as dull as Claire's was.

-Ultra combo 2 nearly K.O.'s the opponent (950 damage) when used by itself.

-Like Claire, his animations seem really choppy and weird, you can see this in his crouch attacks.

That's all I can find at the moment. Feel free to add on to this.
Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:35:29 pm by KaiserHero
#9  April 29, 2015, 04:19:11 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I'm mostly bothered by the fact that Leon looks like nothing more than an alternate outfit for Kyo.

Shit
#10  May 04, 2015, 09:54:45 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#11  May 04, 2015, 10:01:32 pm
  • Half-Dead Shinzaki
  • Meme Machine
    • USA
    • mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/24324-our-works-directory/

I'm curious to know why the arrows linger on the opponent for a while like that.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:08:24 pm by KaiserHero
#12  May 05, 2015, 03:29:40 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
I would guess that the arrows stay stuck in the opponent for a moment to show that the arrows are actually stuck in the opponent, and not just hitting them and disappearing all together, or hitting them and ricocheting off like the opponent was made of steel like Luke Cage or something. That's just my guess though. A few years ago, I remember saying that APOC should do that for his Punisher's knife throw, since pointy things have a tendency to stick in things they're thrown at, and it looks cooler imo, and some people thought it was a stupid idea. He did it, but then took it away again when he updated it later. I always thought it looked good though, as do these arrows for the most part, at least better then if they just disappeared or bounced off. Look at Kano's knife throw in MKX, same thing just better looking obviously. If this author wanted it to look better, he could try removing the arrow heads off the arrow sprites when they are stuck in the opponent to show more that they are embedded in the skin and not on it. IDK.
#13  May 05, 2015, 08:42:02 am
  • "One Man Can Make The Difference"
Claire was updated:
*now she has A.I. (it means that cpu has great control on her)
*better anims and more frames
*new normal moves and ultra
*I deleted that spinkick and instead made a new special and supermove
*new sprites for her bike
*now helpers have blue CLSN and override projectiles
*fixed some issues
Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/83ybjhy3dgld9k3/claire+redfield+%28updated+for+mugen%29.rar
could someone move this thread to the 1.0 found release
thx
So she didn't work on winmugen after all, did she? :/ so sad to know it.