YesNoOk

New Dragonball Super Series (Read 1521966 times)

Started by Omega, April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Share this topic:
New Dragonball Super Series
#1  April 28, 2015, 02:37:30 pm
Re: New Dragonball Super Series
#2  April 28, 2015, 03:01:46 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Dang, but I guess it's ok from the looks of it. Toriyama even gave his blessing to do it from what the article read.
#3  April 28, 2015, 03:11:54 pm
It says Toriyama wrote it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4  April 28, 2015, 03:27:55 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I was about to correct myself cause I read the article again...My hype has launched into orbit!
#5  April 28, 2015, 04:03:53 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
I'm really not sure how to feel about this. After Goku and Vegeta went Super Cyan it feels like AT is intentionally trolling the entire world now with his own brand of Dragon Ball AF.
#6  April 28, 2015, 05:15:54 pm
Toriyama isn't that good of a writer imo. we may have forgiven him back then, but now there's alot of good shows out there, and if he's still gonna use the same methods with the story that he used with dbz (the slow pacing, hax power ups, and the sidestepping of all the other characters) then I'm afraid this show won't be up today's standards.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#7  April 28, 2015, 05:23:42 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah that's the thing about it too. Looking back, DBZ was good for its time but people nowadays don't like the pacing of it. If they are going to make a new series, then they have to change some stuff to the writing formula...
#8  April 28, 2015, 05:27:05 pm
Slow pacing was mostly from the anime. The manga didn't advance very fast either, but that's because it was filled with fights, which is, well, the whole point of interest of the thing. The question is, will the new anime give lots of fights and make them go at a normal pace (even if it's just a lot of fight and little plot advancement). I would say that since he wrote two movies before that, hopefully he'll stick to that pace, which means it can't take forever.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9  April 28, 2015, 07:28:23 pm
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
I won't lie i'm definitely intrigued but as stated above they did kind of stop caring about major characters as the seasons went on, in the buu saga piccolo (one of earth's most powerful fighters might I add) didn't fight let alone throw a SINGLE punch throughout the entire buu saga and that is just unacceptable given the fact krillin, tien, and yamcha even got little fight scenes just adds insult to injury so hopefully they can improve upon past mistakes
#10  April 28, 2015, 07:34:46 pm
Resurrection of F is evidently a love letter to the Freeza saga where everyone had a part (except Tenshinhan and Yamcha of course), a part of the movie is all the B- and C-listers fighting off Freeza's army (and attempted something similar in Battle of Gods), so if Toriyama was just getting back to that, there's a big chance he keeps doing it for this series.
#11  April 28, 2015, 07:40:45 pm
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
IT'S BEEN 18 YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Edit: -AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS

It's probably about the other universes.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:47:17 pm by Tyrant Belial
#12  April 28, 2015, 07:45:32 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
26 eps? 100 something eps? Any word on that yet?
#13  April 28, 2015, 08:09:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
biweekly 24 eps, will renew for other 24 eps if it sells well.
#14  April 28, 2015, 08:17:15 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Ah the Sailor Moon schedule
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#15  April 28, 2015, 08:21:27 pm
  • Raging Fist
*childhood senses....tingling*....
I can't wait to see THIS on Toonami. God I feel like a kid again XD
#16  April 28, 2015, 11:56:00 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Get this over to new Toonami with Sailor Moon Crystal and whatever Gundam's cooking up and I'll have reason to watch AS's version of Toonami again. And maybe we can get Young Justice and Sym-Bionic Titan to return there too...

Since Beerus though, things bigger than Buu continue to annoy me.  You got a practically immortal blob that makes a game out of eating the highest tier of gods in the universe and can up and make said universe go boom if it entertained him.  Beerus just happening to be around and not caring about this bugged me, and now Frieza could make those feats childsplay now that he cared to stop being lazy and trained himself a little.  I'll be curious to see what new trouble it is they got and will most certainly catch the show however I can, but I can't help but feel Buu's relevance is slowly disappearing.

Well at least its not as bad as it is for Perfect Cell getting bumped down to the lowest tier of main villains still somewhat around now I suppose.

Also, if they go Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2 here and someone's hair turns green, I'm taking that as personal head canon that Broly is the god of his alt. universe.
#17  April 29, 2015, 04:22:12 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
OH MY GOD!!!! A NEW DBZ SERIES!! :D :D :D :D

I can't take my happiness! I really can't wait to see that!
#18  April 29, 2015, 04:26:48 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
... Well shit, I might as well continue the remastered uncut seasons beginning from the Frieza saga.

Then watch the entirety of Kai to see the differences. Maybe.
#19  April 29, 2015, 04:31:21 am
    • USA
24 eps.... I remember when that was damn near a single fight in Dragon Ball. Still excited for this one

lui

#20  April 29, 2015, 05:38:48 am
    • USA
what I don't want is to have a new friggin Super Saiyan recolor that fanboys will flock over every other week, i remember when the first super saiyan was such a big deal, then when 2 came out 3 just felt like a new hairdo, i want them to make a new form without a stupid name too (Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and SS5 sounds terrible)