YesNoOk

G's Works (Read 49821 times)

Started by GLB, September 03, 2014, 10:07:34 pm
Share this topic:

GLB

G's Works
#1  September 03, 2014, 10:07:34 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Ohhhh man. Time to kick some dirt and dust, right?

Anyways, been a while! I've noticed when I create stages I like input, criticism, feedback and positive reactions, it really makes the end outcome worth it for me. So I decided to revive the WIP thread and get more input on what I'm working on before I release it.

After releasing EoE I'm still in the process of working on Dragon Ball All Stars stages, I won't show much of that here because I have constant help from Neocide and Hatter with those, but I have some projects on the side I'd like to work on. This is also a good opportunity for people I owe work to (mostly Alpyne D, Anti-11, & Markpachi sorry buds!) to see that i'm still alive and am going to get started on what I need to do.

I've got a few things on the backburner that i'll show later, right now my main priorities are Bistro Cruise and Urien Remix.

Bistro:

This is hella old. Been in Mugen for a while just remained untouched.

I still need to clean up the floor quite a bit and fix a lot of things aesthetically so there will be pretty much a complete overhaul. But this is going to be the gist of it, a moving sky-box. I'm thinking about adding different city's maybe a more vibrant sky. Considering basing it on a specific area so it'll be easier to include necessary stuff lol.

HR Urien Remix

This one's a little different. It's not in Mugen yet and remains an unfinished concept. I want to add a big vibrant moon, maybe have a light rain or very light snow going on. Maybe an overall shine/glow to bring more liveliness to it.

Open to ideas!
Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:30:44 pm by GLB
Re: G's Works
#2  September 03, 2014, 10:17:58 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Demn Fruit Bowl stage V:

Yo btw maybe to make the train look more clean or less repetitive could remove those power w.e things these: http://prntscr.com/4jdtjg
Maybe adding some steel robes or chains from the train to the roof top? yeah bit random that :P

also maybe blur the ranbow by 1% or 2%

GLB

#3  September 03, 2014, 10:20:24 pm
God damn it....You're everywhere.  :wall:

I'll do the blur since i'll be increasing the rainbows alpha eventually. I'll be editing the train as well, I'll probably end up doing it last though.

now go away, thanks for the feedback cham.

DW

#4  September 03, 2014, 10:38:51 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm really hoping this doesn't cause slowdown for me once released... Definitely liking the look of this from the concept. Good luck with it.

Off Topic: Dat avatar. :smitten:
#5  September 03, 2014, 10:41:32 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#6  September 03, 2014, 10:54:24 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Awesome concept, reminds me of a anime. Could have the train travel through a portal and appear like in space. Also, have the girl riding the u corn, enter in through a small portal. She would be in the far background do. Just food for thought my man, will post more ideas, later on.

GLB

#7  September 03, 2014, 11:21:14 pm
@DW

It really shouldn't. I've got most of the elements I want planned out size wise which won't be much space at all, really. I get 60 FPS still. I don't have any heavy trans going on, or many humongous sprites that'll cause slow down. It should work just fine for you!  :) Thanks for the kind words.

Off Topic: Dat avatar. :smitten:

Ikr, Harley's so hhnngg.

Added flowers in front and back:

To do:
Finish cleaning unicorn animation and add.
Find/add new birds.
Do something with the train floor.
Maybe make the train bounce or something
Ask a close friend to help out with bgm!
Maybe overlay, I tested one I liked (color wise) and it didn't work well since there's already tons of bright elements within the stage

The BGM currently is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q-jKsf_p9A

I heard it while randomly cruising on GTAV one day, then saw parts of the stage elements on Konachan and instantly got the idea for this. I know with regular linking like Mediafire i'll most likely get hit with copyright up the ass so i'll see if my buddy can remove the vocals and maybe make some tweaks he's famous for.

@ Lith, I know you love it son.

@ Big Boss, thanks tons bro. Some great ideas i'll def take into consideration, Diss was expressing interest in a transitional collaboration some time ago, maybe he'll be willing to help here.
#8  September 03, 2014, 11:49:19 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Those flowers clash a bit, IMO.

GLB

#9  September 03, 2014, 11:53:04 pm
Yeah for now those may be placeholders. I'll try blending them a bit better or finding some new ones altogether. I may even consider not using them, they were mostly a last second idea.

Thanks, OG!  :biker:
#10  September 07, 2014, 01:56:09 pm
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
The BGM currently is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q-jKsf_p9A

i'll see if my buddy can remove the vocals and maybe make some tweaks he's famous for.

ooooooh, i'm famous?! :o

been in a kreative blur as of late [in spite of my low level of sanity, i still do too damn'd much at 1ce sometimes :juggle:], but i'll see what i can conjure up for ya my dude.

btw, this stage is lookin' pretty nice thus far, & i'm not really 1 for high fantasy-themed stages, so that's sayin' somethin' 
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

GLB

#11  September 07, 2014, 07:05:30 pm
ooooooh, i'm famous?! :o

Macklemore isn't the same without his Ryan Lewis.  :)

been in a kreative blur as of late [in spite of my low level of sanity, i still do too damn'd much at 1ce sometimes :juggle:], but i'll see what i can conjure up for ya my dude.
Take your time, brother.

btw, this stage is lookin' pretty nice thus far, & i'm not really 1 for high fantasy-themed stages, so that's sayin' somethin' 

I appreciate that very much!

I've got the unicorn frames completed, all 10/10. Right now i'm coding them into Mugen, I just need to figure out placements for them so they don't disappear oddly.

Current to do list:
- Fix unicorn positioning/blending.
- Fix flower blending.
- Find/add birds.
- Do something to train to make it "different."

Ignore the lack of blending:

I'm not the best with colors, I'm actually color blind lol. I have a very hard time meshing certain colors together and I often ask for help from friends, I could totally use help on suggesting better blending options for both the flying unicorn and the flowers.

For birds maybe I can cut up and add an Eagle? It'd make a bit more sense then the Seagull sprites everyone uses, here's an Eagle I could edit:

This would take some major blending too.

GLB

#12  May 10, 2015, 11:29:29 pm
UPDATED FIRST POST.
#13  May 11, 2015, 04:08:57 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
That RPD stage looks promising! :D
Really a great concept.

GLB

#14  May 11, 2015, 04:37:24 am
Thanks, man! I love the result already so i'm sure the finished product will be great.  :)
#15  May 11, 2015, 05:02:58 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
would you consider adding Nemesis or tyrant in the backround? I know theres some sprites of them out there.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?

GLB

#16  May 11, 2015, 05:15:13 am
Probably not, seems like slight overkill to me.
#17  May 11, 2015, 11:39:59 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Find me later, I have a new fog for ya.  :)

GLB

#18  May 15, 2015, 03:40:55 am
Update on RPD:

Updated police lights, zombie blending, added other flag movement, new fog, and blood marks on the door.

Thanks to Genesis for the fog and to Nero for the feedback. Sent out to testers, awaiting feedback. If anyone else is willing to test it and give some suggestions i'd be down with that
#19  May 15, 2015, 03:54:57 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
I suggest adjusting the vertical follow and floor tension to a point where super jump characters won't touch the top of the screen before the top of the stage.  Can be quite irritating when trying to air rave

GLB

#20  May 15, 2015, 04:22:05 am
Thanks for testing it, Ex.

Will adjust it for sure, might also consider the front layer police car.