YesNoOk

DarkWolf13's MvC2 S.B.P (Spiral w/ AI Released) (Read 643693 times)

Started by DarkWolf13, June 11, 2015, 06:38:46 pm
Share this topic:
DarkWolf13's MvC2 S.B.P (Spiral w/ AI Released)
#1  June 11, 2015, 06:38:46 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I started this at MugenFreeForAll back in March and I haven't been here for a very long time so I was thinking I should share this with Guild as well.

I've been working a lot on the MvC2 chars I currently have and I believe it's time I should share what I've done. For the past couple of months, I was modifying R.o.q.u.e and AeroGP's Tag System and I figured a way around to make it work close to source game except due to MUGEN's limitations, it's a bit different. However, from looking at their coding, I've figured out how to make the Snapback, Counter and X-Over Combination, so as I convert characters to Mouser's MvC fighting style, the modified tag system, my Snapback, Counter and X-Over system will be implemented as well, as long the character didn't use up the Vars necessarily needed. Unlike the source game, Assist Types are determined by the character's palettes.

Update as of 9/23/2015

As of this day, and seeing the progress done by walruslui, he's officially listed as my helper and a second editor to convert characters in this project. This saves time for me since I'm usually busy with stuff in family but I won't turn away from this project.

Commands (This is on ALL characters on here):
Snapback: D,F,D,F,z
Counter: a+b+c (while guarding, costs 1 bar, also switches)
Partner Assist: y+b
Partner Switch: z+c
X-Over Combination: ~D,DF,F,x+a (Costs 2 bars)
Advancing Guard: 2 punches/kicks (While guarding)
Tech Hit: Holdfwd/Holdback+ y/z/b/c (If caught in a normal throw)

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/snw83on3mri68/MvC2_Chars_With_Tag_System
This'll direct you to my MvC2 folder. You can download the characters and the modified default MUGEN 1.1 Lifebars.

SECTOR 1 (30/30)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

SECTOR 2 (24/30)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Notes:
-Tag System for these chars will be ON. To turn it off, go to Statedef 5900 in their .cns and find Var(33), which is the Tag System Activator. Change the value to 0 and it'll deactivate all the commands above and the Tag system. The Advancing Guard and Tech Hit command remains unaffected.
-ALL fighters can do a Tech Hit. This also affects characters who are NOT part of this thread at all if they're thrown by the one who has the Tech Hit code.
-ALL fighters are compatible with the add004 system done by Shiyo Kaguge. Be sure to DEACTIVATE the Tag System if you plan to use them in add004. When the characters are patched, go to add004basic.reb1 via Notepad and follow the first note to deactivate the tag system. I've already checked and confirmed it. If you wish to use the custom ports I made for them, open add004pie.ini via Notepad and find this via CTRL+F command and you'll see this:

Add.Air.Basic[Start]
;---------
; as characters face / portrait
; キャラの顔として登録
[begin action 909002]
9000,0,0,0,-1

Change it to 9000,5,0,0,-1 if you wish to use their custom ports for the lifebars.

Credits:
- Mouser (His coding inspired me to do this)
- R.o.q.u.e (Tag System)
- AeroGP (Tag System)
- REDHOT
- Iwakick (Tech Hit coding)
- All creators who made the characters I modified
- ZombieBrock (For the extra palettes)
- ExShadow (For the inspiration caused by his amazing stages and SP, hyper ports and support)
- Fellow MUGENites (For the character/author recommendations)
- walruslui (For the big support)
- ShinZankuro (For inspiration from his Vs DEBUTS project)

A special patch can be found here if the lifebars are downscaled in your 640x480 screen.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0s31witvo3v1f89/fightPatched.def

Just need to add a = to fight.scale in the file.

IMPORTANT
I've released a .txt with a few bug fixes for the code, follow the instructions with the code if you want these fixes to work properly. I'll upload the rest of the chars with those fixes eventually. Need time to adjust them so please bear with me.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/qfi200a4zsxa114/MvC2TagSystemBugFix.txt
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:40:40 pm by DarkWolf13
Re: DarkWolf13's MvC2 Conversion Project
#2  June 11, 2015, 06:56:13 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:44:30 pm by DarkWolf13
#3  June 13, 2015, 03:24:18 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Thread updated.

Added Gladiacloud's Charizard and fixed the Carbonadium Smasher issue with Omega Red and other issues I fixed on him.

Edit: Update complete
Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 05:04:01 am by DarkWolf13
#4  June 14, 2015, 08:49:28 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Nice work! Waiting Blach Heart, Shuma Gorath, Protoman and Thanos!
#5  June 19, 2015, 03:49:03 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I'll consider those soon. Right now I have Spiral and Magma Dragoon in mind.
#6  June 19, 2015, 07:12:52 am
    • Brazil
Please, focus Spiral, I'd like to see a good MvC2 version of her.
#7  June 25, 2015, 02:24:11 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Progress of Spiral is going well and added 5 chars to the waiting list. Already did her normals, throws and both dances. Tested and they're set. Doing her specials and hypers as well as her Tag System.

lui

#8  June 26, 2015, 12:38:55 am
    • USA
Great job DarkWolf13's you can convert
the chars of the following games in MVC2 style as an example:

Street Fighter 1 - (Mike, Joe, Geki, Retsu and Lee);
Street Fighter Alpha 3 - (Chun - Li Alpha Style, Karin, and Ingrid R. Mika);
Street Fighter 3 - (Alex, Yun, Yang, Twelve, Elena, Necro and Sean);
Street Fighter 4 - (Chars of Chuchoryu);
Street Fighter EX - (Blair Dame, Kairi, Hokuto and Skullomania);
Red Earth - (Hydron, Tessa, Mai - Ling and Leo);
Avengers VS X-Men - (Chars Infinity Mugen Team);
Darkstalkers - (Queen Bee, Bishamon, Victor, and Rikuo Sasquatch);
Capcom VS. SNK 2 - (Kyosuke, Eagle, E. Honda, Ryu, Ken, Dan, Chun-Li, Akuma, and Shin Akuma).

I enjoyed the work, but unfortunately I can not make the chars of MUGEN
and can partner with you offering the Hypers Portraits on my website:

http://superfernandoxt.deviantart.com/

Thanks and Thanks !!!);

no.
#9  June 26, 2015, 09:27:56 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Cut out the whole requesting, it's just disrespectful. You can't just expect someone to make things for you like that... specially if all he would get in return are your MvC2 portraits, which by the looks of it, are all just copy 'n pasted renders into a template.

Shit

lui

#10  June 26, 2015, 09:43:27 pm
    • USA

i don't think renders like these are even worth using at all. they all are very lazily put together..
#11  June 26, 2015, 09:53:27 pm
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
I never knew you were here!
#12  June 26, 2015, 11:43:05 pm
  • SUPERFERNANDOXT
    • Brazil
    • SUPERFERNANDO_PTU100@HOTMAIL.COM
Cut out the whole requesting, it's just disrespectful. You can't just expect someone to make things for you like that... specially if all he would get in return are your MvC2 portraits, which by the looks of it, are all just copy 'n pasted renders into a template.
But nobody is perfect!
Only creative!

lui

#13  June 26, 2015, 11:56:10 pm
    • USA
But nobody is perfect!
Only creative!

quit being a smartass. the issue isn't with your ports, it's with your constant begging of wanting others to create your dumb wishlists. you've done this in 3 SEPERATE FORUMS already. stop.
#14  June 27, 2015, 04:20:02 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
aside from that above... I agree about the ports, they don't seem MvC2 creative, if you check the Hyper Portraits for WereGarurumon, Strabimon, me, Fox, etc, you'll see I was trying to make them close to MvC2.

Now... I'm about to release Spiral VERY VERY soon. The only issue is just that she can't throw one sword. She CAN get all 6 attack in a circle and whatnot without a hitch. Fixing her Tag System now with the final touches and doing the final tests. Once she's good to go, she will be released for all to download.
Re: DarkWolf13's MvC2 Conversion Project (Spiral Finished)
#15  June 27, 2015, 06:12:50 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Finished Spiral but due to Internet trouble, I'm unable to upload her to my Mediafire due to being unable to access my account. Once the problem is fixed I'll upload her.
#16  June 29, 2015, 11:53:11 pm
  • SUPERFERNANDOXT
    • Brazil
    • SUPERFERNANDO_PTU100@HOTMAIL.COM
aside from that above... I agree about the ports, they don't seem MvC2 creative, if you check the Hyper Portraits for WereGarurumon, Strabimon, me, Fox, etc, you'll see I was trying to make them close to MvC2.

Now... I'm about to release Spiral VERY VERY soon. The only issue is just that she can't throw one sword. She CAN get all 6 attack in a circle and whatnot without a hitch. Fixing her Tag System now with the final touches and doing the final tests. Once she's good to go, she will be released for all to download.

I agree with you, I'm the guy who created the 100% Hypers Portraits of MVC2, but do it with care and dedication for you forum, although some do not recognize, as I do not want to cause problems but to solve them all to live happily and content, and thanks for your comment and positive review!

lui

#17  June 29, 2015, 11:59:27 pm
    • USA

I agree with you, I'm the guy who created the 100% Hypers Portraits of MVC2, but do it with care and dedication for you forum, although some do not recognize, as I do not want to cause problems but to solve them all to live happily and content, and thanks for your comment and positive review!

uhm...he didn't say anything about your portraits other than they're not good...
Re: DarkWolf13's MvC2 Conversion Project (Magma Dragoon WIP)
#18  June 30, 2015, 06:34:56 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
All right... great news! Spiral is NOW available! And here's an update to the following:

-Omega Red
Fixed a problem where he goes below the floor during his Alpha Counter. Increased attack speed for a few moves. Fixed his Carbonadium Coil in the air for a specific throw.

-Jon Talbain/Gallon
His nunchuks can now hit projectiles without a hitoverride. His Shin Moment Slice is better and he can auto-combo and dizzy mid-air opponents and deals even more damage. His ES Beast Cannon can no longer be stopped if he hits the edge of the screen, thus, the trail disappears so that hyper works in a similar matter as Ruby Heart's Flan Mer.

-WereGarurumon/Norimaro
WereGarurumon's Garuru Fury and Norimaro's Ultra Variety Private Memories now has their targets making hurt sounds when struck during the attacks.

With that said... working on Magma Dragoon by Gladiacloud.

Already made a new select, lifebar and Hyper Port for him. I'm so excited how this guy will turn out.
Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:12:38 am by DarkWolf13

lui

#19  June 30, 2015, 09:51:56 am
    • USA
oh my god magma dragoon is next? YES PLS.
#20  July 06, 2015, 03:15:12 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Magma Dragoon is almost ready! Doing the final touches with his Tag System. Need to do his X-Over Combination file and do one final beta test to ensure his tag system works well. ALL moves are in and they work just fine.