YesNoOk

Re: Zorf Giudecca & Eiji Shirow Sprite WIP (Read 62247 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, March 09, 2015, 05:27:08 am
Share this topic:
Re: Zorf Giudecca & Eiji Shirow Sprite WIP
#61  August 02, 2015, 06:37:18 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
I think I would upload both spritesheets (old and new) so people can contribute to this...
=====================================

well, just to give you an idea, I found some sketches and draws from Zorf made like 10-15 years ago I remember I created him like the bad guy that wins over the good guys (hope that's not really a spoiler)

my story was more focused on him and another 3 characters, had a few nonsense things back then, last time was worked around Hikaro, a character made by Riccochet and some Kalumon edits...

from the ideas I can remember and I would like to keep if this gets done at least as a demo, was the one for Anhell, a guy who gets help from another fighter who gets the task by a time traveler that believes "he is the chosen one" to save them from the chaos coming... and well, he wasn't, it turns that they were wrong about him xD

Zorf is a little more easier and complicated, because he is not a human, he is a created super human that was meant to be a soldier, someone who can resist diseases, war, fights, etc etc... the creator was also creating a female version and was hiding another 2 copies of them... shit happens, the creator has to release them without being complete because he was caught... he wansn't really creating what he was asked for, he was creating what he wanted to be the new "Adam and Eve" and that's why he gets in jail, but his creations are out somewhere...

in that idea, Zorf was being haunted because the government want him for them, but he was already smart and violent to let that happen, having a vision believing he is the all mighty one, the chosen man to save the Earth, save it from the humans... so, being attacked didn't help to change his mind and he starts to kill everyone that goes after him... his idea is to "bring order to chaos"

again... in this idea, we were going to use Hikaro, who was a gang leader who is commissioned to go after Zorf and kill him if he can't be captured... this was the last time Zorf was seen, but after beating all his crew, he left Hikaro live because he wanted to see him suffer... days later he kill Hikaro's girlfriend just to let him know, there are worst things than dead... and that's how Hikaro was introduce into the game...

Also Zorf was created to prevent the Chaos coming (have to say his creator was kinda religious and crazy)... but, they didn't knew the chaos they were trying yo avoid was Zorf himself... they created what they fear...

Zorf is alive, is a smart guy but pretty temperamental, strong, tall, not an average guy after all... but he believe he is dying and wants to find the other creations from the creator, because, after all, they were like "backups" and he believes he could take advantage about that

Hagen was different back then (was like a westler) so I don't know wich new story he has if we can make this thing works
            Zorf Giudecca
#62  August 02, 2015, 09:03:50 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
anonther update...

uploaded the spritesheet to Deviantart

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

and also to Sendspace (both spritesheets, original one and edited one so far) hope someone can help me to fix a few things or better yet to improve animations or even creating something new

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/XddcMSic%2B5TPgUobWT7oVQ

NOTE: Those animations that aren't really fixed yet probably would be changed, most of the obvious K edits need to be edited heavily or add new animations instead of those
            Zorf Giudecca
Re: Re: Zorf Giudecca & Eiji Shirow Sprite WIP
#63  August 02, 2015, 09:17:28 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Eyyy, that's not a bad story you got there. And I'll try and see what I can contribute to this. ^_^
This is a generic forum signature.
#64  August 03, 2015, 01:46:28 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
don't use the spritesheet, wait for the .sff patch instead, like I told you on the stream, I think I already have like a 50% added, once I finish that I can upload the character to give him a second edit (more likely new fixes and change moves if possible)

so... that's the new, I added sprites to the character already... took me more time than spected because the program to split the sheet added some extra pixels in every sprite, and I had to erase all those to be able to split them... in fact, you can see it on the spritesheet above!

and believe me, erasing pixel sprite per sprite, pixel by pixel sometimes isn't fun or easy xD
            Zorf Giudecca
#65  August 04, 2015, 04:20:01 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
.sff file is like 60% done... I would say like 90% Eiji already done, but I need to add again the srtiker he has and a few more things... once the .sff is complete I will give him a second fix, because there's a few sprites I haven't edit and a few ones I'm gonna change a lot...

But I have this think wasting my time and I hope Thedge or someone else can help me to solve it

I used a program called Shoebox to make the spritesheet and the same to split the spriite sheet... all was happines until I had to add sprites, the program split the sprites but makes them .png images without the palette I was using... I have manage to add the palette in most of the sprites, but there are a few left... I think I can have a solution for that...

but aside that, what is bothering me is that I can switch palettes on Fighter Factory but I get only one palette in Mugen... I already changed the .def file, the pal=, the pal.order and I'm still getting the same thing... it makes me believe the sprites are not paletted... but they are, I can switch palettes o_o

Heavy images to show you

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I will try to add the missing sprites tomorrow (because seems I'm noto going to be in my house today)... and Hope someone can tell me what to do to avoid that ^
            Zorf Giudecca
#66  August 07, 2015, 03:08:08 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
well, fist beta from Eiji color separation end edited .sff is out...

I have added nearly all his animations needed, I have to add the FX but I'm not sure if that can change or be changed by the palette already in other sprites... so I'm gonna wait a bit there for help...

What's left?
-A few animations turn black because I didn't add 1 or 2 sprites that I;m going to change (those black ones will not be used)
-All FX animations, helpers or whatever they are called
-Second edit in the sprites to give you clean sprites without colors that are not suppose to appear
-Second edit to the .sff to make more consistent and better animations

Anyways, you can download it to check it out, save it as a backup or edit things by yourself to contribute with this project

DOWNLOAD: https://www.sendspace.com/file/pja9y4
            Zorf Giudecca
#67  August 08, 2015, 06:45:00 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
making something new...

it;s hard to do this character because I'm not a bad spriter but I;m not a good one, let's say I'm in the middle... and trying to make animations not taken from other sprites to make him look less iori or less Element is taking a lot of time and effort x(

anyways, here's an sketch of a new H.Punch

and an idea for a throw recicling that animation (and adding a few changes later)

==============================================================================

EDIT: I did a few changes and tried to give the overall idea in this gif

LAST SKETCH
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:06:38 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#68  August 09, 2015, 05:47:29 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
That's a pretty neat attack there.

Shit
#69  August 16, 2015, 06:17:29 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
updated a bit the animation... not sure if the timing is correct but you already have the idea.... probably this could be a punch charged with some "magic" in it (something like the Rekkas from Kyo)

Zorf Giudecca
#70  February 15, 2016, 09:30:59 am
Link failure!Can you upload it again?
#71  February 15, 2016, 11:12:13 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Eiji or Zorf?

I could upload both tomorrow with a few more things, I just got Fighter Factory Classic working again, it makes edits easier.

Have to say, not really too much added on them, I have been working on a comission
            Zorf Giudecca
#72  February 15, 2016, 12:23:39 pm
Thank you NiO ErZeBeTh !~~
#73  February 15, 2016, 08:19:52 pm
Link failure!Can you upload it again?
Eiji or Zorf?

I could upload both tomorrow with a few more things, I just got Fighter Factory Classic working again, it makes edits easier.
I think he caller for Eiji . The link from 6 months ago is expired. But yes, all the 2 could be even better :D

Have to say, not really too much added on them, I have been working on a comission
Good for you. Commissions are always welcome (for the pay), so don't worry ;)

#74  February 16, 2016, 03:55:10 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
give me a few days and I will upload an slightly updated character, Eiji, Zorf and Leona from my avatar.
            Zorf Giudecca
Nio Sprite edits WIP
#75  February 16, 2016, 09:58:01 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
well, I think I should rename this as "Nio sprite edits" more likely... I will be working on athis CVS Benimaru comission

But in a few days I will do a few things about Leona and Eiji, because I'm used to sprite in Fighter Factory Classic and now that I have it back, I could go the old way and edit a lot of stuff already! :)

As soon as I make a few updates I will upload Eiji, Zorf and Leona (I think she is missing like 30 sprites or less)
            Zorf Giudecca
#76  February 16, 2016, 03:05:39 pm
glad to hear it! and nice beni cvs ;) he looks good :D
#77  March 14, 2016, 12:55:25 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
The characters have been released on the Screenpack I did a few days ago (SVC 1.1 edit Screenpack)

I'm gonna release them separatly soon again, need to finish a few Leona sprites, and redo all Eiji ones converting them into pcx, because I somehow fucked the sprites choosing the 1.1 options, without knowing it wouldn't let me change palettes... so, before fixing them, I will convert them...

Anyways, an update...

This comission is harder than it looks, some animations looks the same but they are not the same, so you can't just copy-paste stuff, also some of them have slightly variations here and there and it make it more harder xD

This is a little showcase, I'm glad the comissioner like the work done, because I have put a lot of effort there to avoid random changes in the animations, I want it to look real, without jiggling, jumping or appearing dots from nowhere

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:11:24 pm by NiO ErZeBeTh
#78  March 14, 2016, 01:30:48 pm
The CS patch looks great! :)