YesNoOk

Fate/Grand Order (Read 2142666 times)

Started by c001357, August 10, 2015, 05:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fate/Grand Order
#81  August 19, 2015, 01:49:03 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Yeah, the 30 above the two swords is the recommended level, something that it's easy to miss if you didn't know in advance. Which I'm glad I did, since I spared myself from being trashed by that Shadow Heracles in Fuyuki. And no way you win that fight at lvl 40 LOL.
#82  August 19, 2015, 01:51:50 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
The recommended level makes no sense,it sometimes tells you you need to be level 30 for a bunch of easy mobs and sometimes you get your level 20 party fucked over because it was too difficult for the recommended level.
#83  August 19, 2015, 01:58:28 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Is it difficulty/recommended level? Given how much of a struggle this was it makes sense (I don't know if some of these would still be doable with a party full of LV30's though, it might be an arbitrary number, sometimes it's very misleading, as Erroratu said), still, just one for all this trouble? (Sure the clear screen says x1, but I thought it was x1 of a set group of items, oh well) I don't know how to feel about it.

I think the 10 AP dailies give one and 20 AP give two and so? I didn't really pay much attention to the result screens on master EXP day but I feel like I got two at some point (That and I haven't done dailies ever since, AP is so difficult to recover so I'd rather get these free quests out of the way)
#84  August 19, 2015, 02:19:51 am
I spared myself from being trashed by that Shadow Heracles in Fuyuki. And no way you win that fight at lvl 40 LOL.
Incidentally, that's the same mission where I realized what the number was.
But yeah, I guess it's more of a guideline, like, don't run into a 40 with a team of 15, and you might still need a good synergy or CE or leveled NPs, and/or hope for a good advantage through weaknesses. I think the 'recommended lv 25" mission for the Cavalry EXP daily has some Lv30 monsters, and if they all hit several criticals in a row, you're rapidly in trouble. Or you might get lucky and get nothing but lv12 monsters in three waves recommended at lv25, but it's not that often that they're all weak. I think those cases rely on class advantages, in which case even lower level monsters can still hit you bad.

... Did... Did the forum just make a copy of my post instead of edit it... ? Double post deleted.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:27:24 am by DKDC
#85  August 19, 2015, 05:39:26 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I need to check the reference links to know what's Rome's difficulty 40 battle, but other than that I'm almost done with the Free Quests... not counting all the interlude ones that are locked.
Oh, today's friend rolls gave me Hassan and Blackbeard (Supposedly Hassan is a very good Assassin despite being two stars) do that's more interludes I'll have  to deal with... whever I end up unlocking him (Supposedly max out bond level and then ascending the servant, but it's not fully confirmed, but that's mostly why I put a junk unit in my last slot, so they can leech some bond points while doing nothing and eventually unlock their interlude)

Edit:
So these are the next batch of servants, for those who haven't seen it.
https://imgur.com/a/0NV2r
Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:08:16 am by S.D.
#86  August 19, 2015, 08:53:37 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
If I recall correctly, apart from the ones that have already appeared in other Fate novels, the new ones in order are:

- Lancelot (Saber version)
- Enkidu
- Brynhildr
- Da Vinci (the shopkeeper girl if you didn't know. He's a man in the Fate universe but decided to have the form of the Mona Lisa because)

Also, one question. How hard it is the 30 level quest from the new event? I just did the 18 level one and it was easy to do IMO.
Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:19:14 am by Nanashi_1337
#87  August 19, 2015, 12:55:54 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Enkidu isn't new,he is from Fate Strange Fake
The series in which Richard Lionheart gets arrested and then apologizes for the destruction he caused on live american TV while the entirety of the Mages association has an aneurysm
Also, one question. How hard it is the 30 level quest from the new event? I just did the 18 level one and it was easy to do IMO.
Spooky skeletons and spooky ghosts,so yea,bunch of assassins,nothing difficult really
Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:04:03 pm by Erroratu
#88  August 19, 2015, 01:23:23 pm
Also apparently Brynhild is the previous Lancer in Fate/Prototype, although she wasn't revealed at the time, like Arash.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#89  August 19, 2015, 04:52:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
enkidu also has the best summoning with only prototype-apocrypha assassin coming close.
spoiler of enkidu's summoning
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

pretty hilarious, if I may say.
#90  August 19, 2015, 10:20:28 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I do remember reading that somewhere, Enkidu making a pact with a wolf, a really long time ago. Don't remember where, maybe the wiki.

Wow, I just encountered the first bullshit fight in the game. Against Atalanta. A grand total of 5 battles in the node, three of them with dragons. And guess what, the third one with dragons is Atalanta with Black Dragons. And her NP fills in just three turns, and it's a AoE attack. And the damage it does one-shots all my characters. I had wasted my dodges trying to reach the fights because the dragons love to spam that wind attack that always crits. Ffs that was just imposible.

Fortunately I had 3 command spells, and Darius killed Atalanta before going down with a beautiful Buster Brave Combo, so once I brought them back it was easy to clean. But seriously, here hoping I never had to use a Command Spell as a challenge...
#91  August 19, 2015, 10:44:31 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
This game is kicking my butt. Am I just missing the best way to get EXP cards? All Chaldea Gate is giving me is QP
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#92  August 19, 2015, 10:49:08 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
The first 3 things in chaldea gate are currently the event thats going on.
The last 6 are 2 daily events that change everyday,keep in mind that its already thursday in japan
http://pastebin.com/G669xgbK check the 1st portion of the faq,that should tell you when you get what exp
#93  August 20, 2015, 12:09:32 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
So basically, your best bet to level up your servants is to aim for the daily dungeon whenever there's EXP cards. You can use any EXP card on any class, if you match them both you get some extra bonus EXP (I think it wasn't a lot and it only ends up being a lot over time)

Friend Points roll also give EXP  cards, and your daily login also gives you some here and there.

If you're just starting, your plan should be to abuse master EXP day this Sunday as much as possible and get the max amount of AP you have, then through the week abuse the dailies to level up your servants (You should probably use a quartz to refill your AP every day to make the most out of it as well, I think you get one as a daily login bonus anyways, don't be like me and hoard them haha) then you can start taking on the main story because, unless you have the right friend support (Jeanne or a Lv50+ Berserker) and you know beforehand the units in every stage, you'll be having a very rough time.

The 30 AP quest wasn't that hard, make sure to bring decently leveled Casters and you're good. Kojiro has a handful of HP and he'll definitely use Tsubame Gaeshi more than once so use your dodges and tanks accordingly.
#94  August 20, 2015, 12:23:00 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Yeah, will have to grind at this point. That, or wait three days for the 3 Command Seals, because I'm not seeing myself winning against Fafnir when all of its attack are AoE. And I certainly didn't need two dragon fights before the boss. Le sigh.

Kojiro is definitely useful for clearing out the goddamn dragons, but he's an Assassin, so his low health unfortunately doesn't make him last long. Fortunately I got a lvl 4 essence that increases crit damage, something he clearly benefits. Now I need more levels so my Servants clear out the dragons without losing way too much health.

#95  August 20, 2015, 12:42:12 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
So there's no real benefit to stocking up quartz and going for the 10 cards? Good to know, I thought maybe there'd be a higher chance of servant cards or something.

Also hearing about that master EXP thing is a huge relief because I'm level 12 and holy shit I was not looking forward to hours of grinding just to be able to do some of those gate quests
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:50:24 am by Speedpreacher
#96  August 20, 2015, 01:02:36 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Oh no, I'm just saving quartz because I'm waiting on some servants, you definitely should go for the premium rolls here and there, there's the promotion where a 10 roll will give you a guaranteed 4* card (Could be a servant or craft essence, but hey, four stars), that'll be active until the end of the month.
Fully clearing a stage will give you one and clearing a full map gives you a handful as well (Or was that just Fuyuki and the game's launch promotion?), if you make steady progress you should have enough for both premium rolls and AP refill.

And this game right now it's not as much hours of grinding but more of a "waiting for AP" (My max is 74 I think and I'm never full after proper sleep)
#97  August 20, 2015, 02:36:03 am
  • stressed weeb
    • USA
    • derpyhawk@gmail.com
I got the game yesterday.
Name:  カムラン
ID: 558396363

How do I know which servants are better than others? I don't know if there's some screen or something. Right now I'm using Kid Alexander and Leonidas.
#98  August 20, 2015, 02:42:33 am
you guess. And either way, it's not much help since you have to rely on luck for those you get. It's only when you start having more than a complete team that you can start wondering about that.
And both of those are pretty good for starter Servants, at least for those you can reasonably hope to get in those classes. Not everyone can land a Heracles, Lu Bu, Arturia, Altera, or a Lancer Cu Chulainn early on.
#99  August 20, 2015, 03:03:07 am
  • stressed weeb
    • USA
    • derpyhawk@gmail.com
Cool. Actually just got a lancer Cu right now. Are those ones considered the better ones or something?
Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:25:48 am by 100_Sad_Pandas
#100  August 20, 2015, 03:34:41 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
More stars = better, that much is obvious (save few exceptions, but generally that's how it works, Vlad is supposedly a bad Berserker despite his stars, mostly due to his lack of defensive options and cards.. he can't brave buster chain, his stats are decent though and he'll be doing massive damage if he's decently leveled)

Also, even if you have a "bad"unit, if you pit them against another one where they have a favorable advantage they can save your entire team, case in point:

You can read the specifics here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/3frqah/the_modern_magus_magazine_notable_servants_and/