YesNoOk

Hatter's Stuff. (Read 648920 times)

Started by hatter, August 29, 2015, 02:51:02 am
Hatter's Stuff.
#1  August 29, 2015, 02:51:02 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
So here I'll share my assorted art stuff while I walk the journey of artistic enlightment and self-teaching (#captionthisdevanagari)

Spoiler: pixel art (click to see content)

Spoiler: digital art (click to see content)

COMMISSION INFO RIGHT OVER HERE
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 01:39:35 pm by Hatter
Re: Zaitsu's Art Vault.
#2  August 29, 2015, 03:03:21 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Got tired of your old name? I'm still probably gonna end up calling you Black Hatter, just like I keep calling Orochi Gill by his original name that I knew him by years ago. ^^;

Hmm...that's a pretty firm grasp too. Even with the stylized mouths too. I honestly don't think you need TOO much in the way of that either, but in any event, will still hand you a video like always!

I remember there being a very basic way of doing them in shape form. I forget where I learned it though, but it's like the top part of the lip can be separated into two half circles/circle, and the bottom...I forget. Ugh...been too long! But yeah, overall I think you did a fine job with the lips. As with the eyes, use the video to study up more on the lips and practice as always.

So with eyes and mouths out of the way, I suppose the next one is one of the following:

*Nose
*Eyebrows
*Ears

Those are next 3 you can try in any order. Same dealio, try to go with male/female, and go with your own set. Once you've done these, then I may have you try the head again but with a bit more detail to see how well you get everything in place and how detailed you can do things.
#3  August 29, 2015, 03:04:44 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Alrighty then, I'll be keen on doing that. In the mean time, I should practice the head technique (and make some JoJo heads while I'm at it!! :D :D :D)

And yeah, I got tired of it, honestly Hatter is alright, but hey whatever floats your boat. ^_^

If you look at my personal text, you'll see my opinion on my old user name. :S
#4  August 29, 2015, 03:09:47 am
    • USA
Dunno how it was a mistake honestly? o.o??

Yeah, practice the head technique for sure. You can also practice doing the other stuff (eyes, ears, mouths, noses, eyebrows, etc.) while doing that.

Oh yes, and for the last question from the previous thread that I asked: What is the easiest way to imagine the human body in order to draw it out?
#5  August 29, 2015, 03:12:28 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, practice the head technique for sure. You can also practice doing the other stuff (eyes, ears, mouths, noses, eyebrows, etc.) while doing that.
Now THAT is a superb idea. :3

Oh yes, and for the last question from the previous thread that I asked: What is the easiest way to imagine the human body in order to draw it out?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. A stick figure or mannequin is the easiest way to imagine the human body (or animal body) in order to draw it out. :D
#6  August 29, 2015, 03:16:59 am
    • USA
Hmm...the easiest way to imagine a human body for drawing is in the forms of basic shapes. Circles, triangles, squares, etc. For instance, the head you can draw as a basic circle, as you already know. The body you can technically draw as a triangle, with the hands being circles themselves. It's a bit complicated, but it can easily work out if you know how to handle it. For instance, from the top of the head to the end of the shoulders is roughly a triangle in itself.

If I knew where that video was that talked about it, I would give it to you too. It's rather interesting to find out, and I honestly can't remember for the life of me who did it. I don't think Proko did...>_<

Of course, I'm not saying that you are wrong, there is no wrong answer per say as everyone has their own methods of doing these things.
#7  August 31, 2015, 12:37:37 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@Xenomic: Ah OK, I see what you mean. I just love the mannequin and stick figure more than separate shapes, but I can see what you mean.

Any thoughts before I start the heads again?

I'll also probably try to update my CPS3 sprites (especially Toph and Johnny Cage) and make a new one, cuz' I really wanna do some pixel art soon.
#8  August 31, 2015, 12:44:28 am
    • USA
Huh. Wasn't expecting animal ears in that mix. Good job on adding those in! Overall, everything looks good. I honestly don't see anything wrong with any of those. I'll still give videos, of course!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

If you want, I can throw suggestions at you for a CPS3 sprite? : 3
#9  August 31, 2015, 12:49:06 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Huh. Wasn't expecting animal ears in that mix. Good job on adding those in! Overall, everything looks good. I honestly don't see anything wrong with any of those. I'll still give videos, of course!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Thanks for the video man, honestly these art exercises are great; not only do I practice, but I end up making my own art references for future uses!
I added the animal ears in because human ears and JoJo styled ears (which is essentially human ears, but stylized) was going to be boring without something off-beat. Same goes for the elven ears.

If you want, I can throw suggestions at you for a CPS3 sprite? : 3

For the love of Almighty God, yes pleeeeeeaaaaase. :3 :3 :3
#10  August 31, 2015, 12:55:29 am
    • USA
It's always good to try out different things like that, especially when practicing and experimenting. Might want to try that with eyes and mouths later too! ^^

Hmmm....hmmmmm....alright, here's some suggestions for ya! Note, that they're all gonna be female of course!

Celsius (Tales of Eternia/Tales of the World)
Lana (Hyrule Warriors)
Suika Ibuki (Touhou)
Elf (Dragon's Crown)
Leafa (Sword Art Online)
Palutena
Prishe (C'mon, you KNOW you saw this one coming : 3 )

Those are the ones I'm going to suggest. If none of those perk your interest, then I have OTHERS I can probably toss at you. I have a million things for you to try dohohoho!
#11  August 31, 2015, 12:58:36 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Will go for Prishe, Palutena, and Lana since I've seen them before. :D :D
#12  August 31, 2015, 12:59:52 am
    • USA
Alrighty then~ I could link you to the ones you haven't seen before, in case you wanna check them out too? I threw them all in for different designs and whatnot so there's that. ^^
#13  August 31, 2015, 01:02:28 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Alrighty then~ I could link you to the ones you haven't seen before, in case you wanna check them out too? I threw them all in for different designs and whatnot so there's that. ^^

Let's see about those three first before going there. ^_^
#14  August 31, 2015, 01:06:20 am
    • USA
Mmkay then~ Should be interesting to see how you handle them all heh. I WAS gonna throw Purim on here too just because you don't have your own version yet, but decided against it : V Besides, there's enough complicated designs here as it is I feel!
#15  August 31, 2015, 02:57:49 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Speaking of designs, about those ideas I had for you to draw as a warm up, here they are:

Spoiler: KR Kabuto (click to see content)

Spoiler: KR Ixa (click to see content)
#16  August 31, 2015, 03:01:34 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Super sentaiTokukatsu, eh? Sure thing, I'll add those to the CPS3 sprites I'll be doing. Do you have any specific poses you want, or can I get creative with them? Either way, I'll be researching the shit out of them.
Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:58:44 am by Zaitsu Hatter

lui

#17  August 31, 2015, 06:32:21 am
    • USA
awwww yeah Kamen Rider Kabuto, one of my faves ~
#18  August 31, 2015, 06:47:33 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Super sentaiTokukatsu, eh? Sure thing, I'll add those to the CPS3 sprites I'll be doing. Do you have any specific poses you want, or can I get creative with them? Either way, I'll be researching the shit out of them.

Late reply (cause phone was being a dick), but for both, be creative with them. Just make sure to keep Ixa's helmet closed (since he looks better that way).
#19  August 31, 2015, 10:33:44 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@Xenomic: Here's the CPS3 Prishe:

I tried my best with her details, some of them were simplified to the extreme, she's so detailed though. @_@
I intend on doing a few fixes to Prishe tomorrow, so don't worry if anything on the sprite looks imperfect.

And  The Kamen Rider Kabuto practice:

So next up is CPS3 Palutena and Kamen Rider Ixa.
Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:43:51 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#20  August 31, 2015, 10:37:14 pm
    • USA
Yeah, was bout to say, there's some oddities here and there (is that based off of one of Urien's sprites?? I almost feel like it is except not as tall as him heh). Since you already know what be wrong, I'll wait until you do the touch-ups to see what all else may need touched-up on. It's a pretty good start though! Odd choice of a pose if I do say so myself heh!

EDIT - I will say though, one of the things that looks off is that she looks so...manly lol. The face in particular really does, but that might be CPS3 style?? I don't know how much they differentiate between males and females there. Arms are pretty beefy too. That is all I shall say until it's touched-up more. ^^

And yup, that's partly why I had her to the list. There were some really detailed ones, and not so detailed ones. Seems you took all of the detailed ones heh : v