YesNoOk

Making SNK&SF3 to CVS sprite conversion via applying Aumio palettes (Read 13764 times)

Started by AuMiO VXC, August 28, 2015, 09:09:33 am

lui

Re: Making SNK&SF3 to CVS sprite conversion via applying Aumio palettes
#41  August 31, 2015, 12:29:48 pm
    • USA
wtf did i even do wrong .-.
#42  August 31, 2015, 12:42:51 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
I have no time to waste to continue the same matter. The logical point already discussed. Now new people or, new spriters can get from this topic that why cvs pals is not too much effective in sprites conversion. Even I also learn here from others about this. But I really not discouraged here instead of encourage. Some priters can do his works with getting a poor help from this and I do mine in my thread. We  know it's just an idea engineering.  so stop, bro.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:51:09 pm by Aumio Khan

lui

#43  August 31, 2015, 12:48:24 pm
    • USA
but i literally just did what they did and elaborated a bit more, what is your problem with me? i never said anything negative, so you're the only one overreacting to this, in fact, you overreact to anything I do specifically, do you have a grudge against me or something oh mr. "angry face because im akuma" aumio?
#44  August 31, 2015, 12:54:06 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
I know I'm not a mod (and also not siding), but can we please just chill here before it goes out of proportion?
#45  August 31, 2015, 01:00:11 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
man, stop it...

your idea is not a really bad idea... you can made some pseudoCVS chars like that, Dampir already did it before... but, if you want to make accurate CVS sprites, that's not gonna work, because they are more stylish and cartoonish than KOF... SF3 will not work at all if you don't do a huge makeover... and in all those cases you need to sprite a lot, and avoid using just a palette trick

MFG is rude always (that's something I have seen a lot, and some users believe they have the truth about everything) but this time, I think you are being rude with the criticism and opinions they made
            Zorf Giudecca
#46  August 31, 2015, 01:05:27 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#47  August 31, 2015, 01:10:16 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
your idea is not a really bad idea... you can made some pseudoCVS chars like that, Dampir already did it before... but, if you want to make accurate CVS sprites, that's not gonna work, because they are more stylish and cartoonish than KOF... SF3 will not work at all if you don't do a huge makeover... and in all those cases you need to sprite a lot, and avoid using just a palette trick
Right you are, buddy. Thanks for advice.

MFG is rude always (that's something I have seen a lot, and some users believe they have the truth about everything) but this time, I think you are being rude with the criticism and opinions they made
don't know whom you referred. I said...
Now new people or, new spriters can get from this topic that why cvs pals is not too much effective in sprites conversion. Even I also learn here from others about this. But I really not discouraged here instead of encourage.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.

lui

#48  August 31, 2015, 01:12:09 pm
    • USA
don't loss your personality. I read what u say and also don't care. Now stop bumping.
fucking called it. see ya. stop being unnecessary bumping internet fellow. You are imbarassing yourself.
so you're saying this isn't rude at all? pftttt.
#49  August 31, 2015, 01:21:57 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
walruslui, let him alone.
Let him do his stuff, forget him. I understand your point, but you're wasting your energy with this guy. Use it on something more productive. ;)

lui

#50  August 31, 2015, 01:24:21 pm
    • USA
walruslui, let him alone.
Let him do his stuff, forget him. I understand your point, but you're wasting your energy with this guy. Use it on something more productive. ;)

ah, fine, im just reaaaally curious as to why this guy has a huge hateboner for me all of a sudden but whatever, anything he posts now will be pure garbage i guess sooooooooo
#51  August 31, 2015, 01:32:07 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
You are doing or, trying to do same thing bro after what Hephaistos31 say. Stop it and do what Alex or, Hephaistos31 tell you. The whole matter is over here.

lui

#52  August 31, 2015, 01:41:56 pm
    • USA
you really are fucking ignorant arent you aumio? i mean really, all i did was just comment, but you wanna be an ignorant fuck about it lol

I would say more, but i won't. you've clearly proven my point. i think im done here :)
#53  August 31, 2015, 01:43:16 pm
ah, fine, im just reaaaally curious as to why this guy has a huge hateboner for me all of a sudden but whatever, anything he posts now will be pure garbage i guess sooooooooo
it's because he's butthurt over his dumbass voting thread getting deleted and you making a better one that didn't. just ignore him.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#54  August 31, 2015, 01:54:03 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Luis just let him be. If he's still being arrogant towards you, let him flail around.

Jfc, this has gone longer than it should.

DW

#55  August 31, 2015, 02:56:23 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
You seem to be confused. Let me say it in a way that's more simple and absolute:

Capcom redrew the ENTIRE SNK roster for CvS for a reason. Vise versa when SNK made SvC. Making a "CvS" pal isn't gonna cut it for SNK styled sprites to go with CvS sprites. Your idea may stem from what Capcom did with chars like Sagat, Morrigan, Cammy, etc. Where they just reused the Alpha/DS sprites, resizing them and giving them warmer pal schemes. Though even in this case, it only "meshes" with the CvS officially drawn sprites. Though better for some chars(like Guile, Cammy, and Sagat), however not so good for others(Morrigan, Blanka, Sakura).

Morrigan stands out like a sore thumb and so does Sakura and Blanka. Sakura especially because they made new sprites for the other shotos, but poor Sakura was deemed unworthy. The overall point here is that if it were as simple as just applying a new pal to existing sprites, Capcom would have done that. As you see they were quick to cut corners by just throwing in rescaled/recolored Alpha/DS sprites in the game. I thought that was out of place when I first played the game, suffice it to say it hasn't aged very well in terms of aesthetics. The bottom line here is that simply changing a pal ain't gonna cut it.
#56  August 31, 2015, 07:06:49 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
How can one call it a "sprite conversion" if it's just a palette ? Just use your "CVS-ish" palette on a KOF char and play with it if you want, but do go calling that a CVS character.
#57  September 01, 2015, 03:32:46 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
I re-read all posts again with a PM help. Really didn't get some points by English misunderstanding. No messed up with others here. Sorry (especially to luis for my unwilling negativity). Though over all result or, main theme is same. That is ' cvs pals is not too much effective in sprites conversion. they're a poor man's substitute.'
or,
ur idea is not a really bad idea... you can made some pseudoCVS chars like that, Dampir already did it before... but, if you want to make accurate CVS sprites, that's not gonna work, because they are more stylish and cartoonish than KOF... SF3 will not work at all if you don't do a huge makeover... and in all those cases you need to sprite a lot, and avoid using just a palette trick

Thanks

Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:45:43 pm by Aumio Khan
#58  September 01, 2015, 07:04:49 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Back at home and I find a...WARRRRR!!

Not at all, well, Aumio...I'll try to show as simple this can be.

What you do are cvs-ish paletes. They got the brightness and an "overall" lighting similar to CvS, that may look nice in some free sprites BUT in the other hand, looks terrible for entire animations. Look at your Orochi's stand animation:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/aumio-khans-palette-thread-rest-in-peace-p-167562.0.html
Mukai, in the other hand, looks nice.Magaki is terrible...not only you chose wrong colours...the shading in his body and clothes are different than expected. That happens in SF2 too, for example. I did a "cvs" palete for Cammy and hey! she looks awesome in some sprites while in others is a total mess.

BUT!! Here's what I think Aumio wanted to share(not sure, correct me if I'm wrong...haven't read the WHOLE thing). You can make those "cvs-ish" paletes, extract the sprites with those colours AND putting an extra colour(like a gradation), and small fixes here and there. Just take a special attention at folds(SNK's are more complex than those of CvS). As example, the stand of Xiangfei of your first page. While the oveall thing is cooly done, the lower knee folds are not right. WHY? They look totally bright while those must be one tone deeper.

Said this, I leave, have a nice day!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#59  September 17, 2015, 10:06:10 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
U highlighted some right points.  Taking it as feedback. Have a nice day.