YesNoOk

Fighter Creator - Main Thread (Read 606922 times)

Started by CSGames, December 08, 2013, 03:52:48 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Creator - Main Thread
#141  October 25, 2015, 01:37:00 am
  • Fight
    • Brazil
There is no message
#142  October 25, 2015, 02:34:03 am
  • Fighter Creator Developer
    • fightercreator.webs.com
@Beto: Try deleting the 'Fighter Creator.fcd', if it exist, located at "Documents\Fighter Creator".
#143  October 25, 2015, 02:04:18 am
  • Fight
    • Brazil
I have not found, I think  it has not
#144  October 27, 2015, 10:24:06 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Was there any showing of the upscaling at work by any chance?
or is that not implemented yet or

May I also suggest a questions & support thread so the main thread doesn't get cluttered with this stuff? Or would the help section suffice next time?
#145  October 28, 2015, 10:28:53 pm
Images can be upscaled when your adding them to your project, its a checkbox option.

1. Select the media icon, highlighted white, on the side bar to manage media resources :

2. Create a new folder, if one isn't available, by either right clicking on the IMAGES item or by clicking the + button on the middle bar, then right click on the folder and select Add New Image :

3. The Image Dialog will open and the option to upscale your image is highlighted :

4. You can also add and upscale an entire folder of images by clicking the Import Images From Folder instead of Add New Image, which will open a different dialog with upscaling options visible in this image :

Also, just continue to post your questions in this thread.
Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:50:48 pm by CSGames
#146  October 28, 2015, 10:45:13 pm
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
Alright, thanks.

I was wondering how it would look visually to kinda decide if I should go lowres on the character sprites and simply upscale.
#147  October 29, 2015, 02:09:14 pm
  • Mugen curse strikes again
Just been looking at the demo, very impressive, considering i've not been doing anything fighting game wise for a long time i might actually play around with this.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but what about being able to use the real time clock, so eg 25th december the stage could have christmas theme or even set it to all of december to have the stage like that where as other times load other objects, and what about time of day dusk stage at 4-7pm night stage at 7pm -5 am sunrise at 5am-9am etc a lot of possibilities   there even a clock on a wall of a stage showing the right time!
#148  October 29, 2015, 06:03:19 pm
@LyonHrt: Really nice idea, I will add that into the upcoming update.
#149  October 30, 2015, 07:00:06 pm
  • Future King of of Game Making!
    • USA
How do you make a character?(NEWBIE)
#150  October 30, 2015, 10:54:41 pm
@_kingxjosh: After I release the next update for the engine, I will be free to create/post a ton of tutorials on every aspect of the engine. So if you could hang on for just a little bit longer, all the help resources you might need will be posted in the Help Section thread.
#151  November 01, 2015, 11:25:10 pm
  • Future King of of Game Making!
    • USA
Ok, Thanks for the help. Also, will there be support for creating games and releasing them on other systems?(Xbox One, PS4, WII U, 3DS, etc)
#152  November 01, 2015, 11:26:02 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Ok, Thanks for the help. Also, will there be support for creating games and releasing them on other systems?(Xbox One, PS4, WII U, 3DS, etc)

If I recall correctly, this will only support export for commercial projects on PC, but other than that, no, if I'm not wrong. :-\
This is a generic forum signature.
#153  November 10, 2015, 02:51:45 pm
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
@CSGames: Do you mind if I make/post a suggestion list for features here? I'm kinda debating on still using this or switching to Unity, but of course if it's possible to add/make a workaround for the things I'm interested in, then no need to switch.
The list might get long :P
#154  November 10, 2015, 08:57:54 pm
@Genesis:  Sure, post everything.
#155  December 07, 2015, 05:13:27 pm
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
I apologize for taking so long.
I've kinda now decided against my list, and I want to ask something different. What are the limits? What can't be done? Where does the engine have a weakness at? I might be wording it odd but hopefully you get the gist of what i'm saying.

This was part of my list, but I still need to ask, how will file encryption be handled? If I were to go the commercial route, I wouldn't want me stuff easily accessible.
#156  December 07, 2015, 08:12:29 pm
@Genesis: There basically no limits, besides only being able to create fighting games, to what you can create with FC.
For file protection, I am going to try using file blocking, where all of your media files will be stored in a few big files.
#157  December 11, 2015, 11:38:06 am
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
so if i wanted to do a scenario where it's sorta sidescroller that leads into a normal vs match, i probably can't do that then right?
#158  December 11, 2015, 03:13:55 pm
@Genesis:  Actually, you might me able to do something like that depending on how much in depth the side scrolling element is going to be.
#159  December 11, 2015, 05:41:01 pm
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
@CSGames: I wasn't thinking anything too crazy, just kind of spawn a mob with individual bars over their heads. Though, maybe I'd try something along the same lines but more complex in a sequel.
#160  December 11, 2015, 05:56:30 pm
@Genesis:  Since the engine is designed for only 4 active characters at a time, you won't be able to have more than 3 enemies on the screen. But, since you can also have multiple objects attached to a single character, you could in fact create a character that uses multiple objects to represent as many enemies as you want. The only hard part would be setting up AI for each enemy, everything else should be easy.