YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1162056 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 4 lines review.
#1861  December 09, 2015, 04:05:57 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
lisa the painful

the indie rpg that should've taken the spotlight but never got the attention; probably for how punishingly bleak it is. that being said, the game's sense of humor is really enjoyable, and although there's a lot of 'fucking really' moments in gameplay it's still fun to play and strategize with. having 30 party members available will do that (i'm a bit sore crisp ladaddy was only available that late in the game since he's pretty much my favorite member). i feel like the game's balance is all over the damn place though

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1862  December 09, 2015, 11:44:08 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson

So yeah, as I played the previous two games, I finally got this one and played through it. Since the format follows the DS version more than the PSVita version, I will use it as reference.

So first, the story. It's half half basically. The first half in which you do the last events of the previous game plus another arc against a certain villain left me quite satisfied. So satisfied, that I thought I had finished the game. Then the second half came related to Kagura and Naraku, and unfortunately that part was boring. The same happened in the first game, the Hanzo side was boring but the Hebijo side was fun.

Gameplay wise, I love the new changes. Combat is far less stiff, a lot more variety of enemies, and the best thing, the big bosses. All of the bosses are really fun to fight against, I loved every single one of them, and all were creepy like they were supposed to be. The last boss was okay too, I guess, but fuck the constant teleporting. And the animations when using the supers and the clothes breaking are fluid, no longer interrupting the flow of the fight. Really well done job here.

Graphics and music side, it's better than the first game, so that gets a pass too. There's also animated scenes that do a great job at introducing the bosses, for example.

For the side content, well, it's okay I guess. The Youkai den or whatever it's called is an entertaining content if you're not high leveled, and the challenges can be quite challenging... as long as you don't use Mirai, the most broken character in this game. With a railgun that easily locks weak enemies in place and gathers tons of super bar, a grenade launcher that pushes away any enemy plus does tons of damage, and supers that are all useful... god, she trivializes everything.

And obviously, the fanservice, which is good too. Nothing more needs to be said.

So in conclusion, the upgrade this game got is really good, and if you are a fan of Senran Kagura, this game is worth getting. I didn't get bored of it except a few parts. In fact, I thought it was short compared to the first one. Anyway, it's a decent hack-&-slash IMO.
Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:48:48 pm by Nanashi_1337
#1863  December 12, 2015, 09:19:53 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
I recently came into possession of a PS1 with everything and decided to dive into RPGs I had missed as a kid...

Breath of Fire III (PS1)

I played BOF on the SNES and completely was hooked into the universe and gameplay, so trying BOF3 was no big surprise. Classic JRPG with hilarious localizations everywhere as well as an interesting and complex cast. Not as deep as a Final Fantasy, but the moral good of a religious hierarchy is clearly in question the entire time. As well as the place of all living things in this world slowly descends on the player as the truth is slowly unraveled.

It's your basic Random Encounter system with Turn-Based combat of whatever 3 characters you choose to have at a time. Most fights get tedious to be completely honest and some fights come down to finding the right "key" to fit the right boss. (like killing candles you didn't realize were target-able with ice, then the boss itself) Some characters really shine in a cool department in style and design, like a weretiger named Rei that can induce Berserk on itself for heavy damage, but also slowly loses sanity and attacks allies. Or that your party can learn new abilities FROM enemies doing them to you! However, the BIGGEST unique point of this game are the minigames...

So many damn mini-games in this game... They're everywhere, timed pulling buckets of water from a well, making sushi from raw ingredients, button sequenced puzzle mini-games, fishing, timed dragging cargo from the ocean, moving a ship across a treacherous ocean to a destination, dodging lasers, opening doors with electric floor puzzles... It's all engaging! And it mixes up the boring pace of nothing but fighting... But SO MANY MINI-GAMES!

Anyway, if you're a jrpg fan and haven't played this game, I recommend it. It's a charming, it's fun and it deserves a look over.
PS: Fuck the Dessert of Death.
#1864  December 14, 2015, 05:21:31 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Tekken 6 (Arcade)

Azazel stage.

Devil Jin used.

Launcher > some bullshit combo filler > bound > bound / f+2 ~ Wait for Azazel to teleport up the stage > uf 1+2 (x10) > repeat process

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#1865  December 14, 2015, 05:36:10 pm
    • Peru
Transformers: Devastation, PS4
WHAT A FUCKING GREAT GAME. It's short, sure, but that way you can play it several times, like I'm going to do. Aaaaaand, ending combos with transformations is the silliest thing around, but feels really good.
#1866  December 16, 2015, 10:46:02 am
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Skip this one. It's a pale imitation of the previous game. It's literally 100% linear, side content and NPCs are pretty much nonexistent, and the writing is pretty bland and unremarkable. The battle system is still enjoyable but that and the occasional funny moment are all that holds the game together. 7/10, because despite being a complete failure in regards to what came before I still enjoyed most of it, though the HP sponge bosses at the end were a bit much.

Playing Bowser's Inside Story now and it's way better, but I'll save opinions until I'm further along/for the other thread

edit: It uses the dual screens of the DS very well, but completely ignores all other DS gimmicks including the touchscreen.
#1867  December 17, 2015, 07:16:41 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Inside Story ignores the DS' gimmicks? Haha, you are in for a rude awakening. I stopped playing it because I was tired of blowing in the goddamned mic.
#1868  December 19, 2015, 12:37:14 am
No, Partners in Time does.

DMK

#1869  December 19, 2015, 06:43:18 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
DAH: Path of the Furon

Destroy all Humans games have been some great freeroam destruction but this one felt like it lacked something. Toss in a helping of framerate woes even when it is enjoyable and fun romp it drags because of it's lack of optimization.
#1870  December 20, 2015, 02:45:27 am
    • Jamaica
#1871  December 23, 2015, 04:30:37 am
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
Metal Gear Solid (PSX):
My time for the Big Boss rank run got screwed by having the game paused while I took a phone call, so I'll have to do a fourth playthrough on this file sans that that bonus tuxedo outfit.
I still hate that tank boss battle though.  Had to reload my save file (BB rank requires no continues) quite a few times.

*sees rank screen*

At least my kill stat was below 25.
#1872  December 27, 2015, 12:14:35 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The Talos Principle

Fuck the block puzzles.

No really, every time I encountered one in the game, I remembered the "god" of this game saying "There's a reason the sigils have this form", which equals to me as "We were lazy to think of a more original and entertaining way to provide challenge so we just abused the hell out of it." I'm not bad at those puzzles, they basically consist on arranging and arranging until you find the right positions so you make a full rectangle (and I already know the tricks as to how to start solving them so yeah...), but solving this kind of puzzle doesn't make me feel satisfied or smarter because I solved it, it makes me feel bored because it's just a chore to do it. Which btw you'll have to do it plenty of times in this game, enough to hate it.

Now for the real puzzles, well, some I admit were quite entertaining to solve (the laser ones can be quite fun to solve, at least for me). I specially liked some of the puzzles to get stars when they made you think out of the box in order to get them (unless they used the dirty trick of hiding the switch in the map, which then it's not fun anymore). The worst ones IMO were the ones that require you to time the mines, which doesn't require you to think, only to be good at timing your movements, and since I'm really good at this, well, it's basically a stroll for me. I also didn't like that two puzzles require you to put boxes on top of the mines. While I do admit that it was quite smart to pull that off, the problem is that I didn't dare to try it until many attempts later because, well, if the mines explode, the entire puzzle resets, which really discourages players from attempting to try it honestly.

So in general... well, it's not a bad puzzle game, but I played Antichamber, and it's much much better at being a puzzle game than this one. And far much cheaper. If you like puzzle games, go for Antichamber more than Talos Principle. The only think that Antichamber doesn't have is a good setting like this game, but the puzzles are really fun so you won't really care much about it.
#1873  December 28, 2015, 11:33:54 am
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
Now I can say that I have finished all the Jak and daxter games (which were developed and made by Naughy dog only) on ps2.

Opinions:

1. Jak and Daxter the precursor legacy:
- Game was pretty beutiful with graphics and gameplay,so there's no negative thoughs on that game from me :P

2. Jak II:
-I like stages,gameplay and characters, but there's few things which make me frustrated, for example: Low number of weapons, driving in a town and the main plot (not that much). I was half impressed and half frustated in the same time :P

3. Jak 3:
-Well this one is better than the second game just because of bigger number of weapons,missions,stages and vehicles. Plot of that game was so confusing to me,but sometimes I really don't care about the plots in some games :P I was even finding some glitches but they was little number of them.

4. Jak X - Combat racing:
-I really love that spin off! There was few stages which were too tough for me, but still that doesn't make a problem.

So that's it, now I can prove myself that I'm a master in those games :P
#1874  December 28, 2015, 09:16:48 pm
Okami HD

It actually didn't hold up as well as I thought it would? No port problems or anything but geez there are way too many parts where you can't skip through the dialog and just have to sit and wait and wait as heads talk at you. And I am pretty tired of pre-final-boss boss gauntlets that don't serve any real purpose. Still a very good game with the majority of it being pretty flawless, but it had some annoying parts.
#1875  December 30, 2015, 02:36:42 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Mass Effect 2

HUUUGE improvement from ME1 which had odd controls. I really loved the story and the characters in this one too. The cover system can be stupid as shit sometimes though. For example if you sprint and come a little bit too close to some kind of wall, Shepard will automatically take cover and this can be infuriating in the harder battles as you might completely open to enemy fire -_-
I made sure to have everyone loyal and got all of the ship upgrades, but Mordin, and only Mordin, died. I wanted to romance Tali since ME1 so I held off till ME2.

ME3 IS NEXT. Hope this series ends well.
#1876  December 30, 2015, 06:08:24 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Oh man you let Mordin die. :(

At least he has a decent replacement in 3.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#1877  December 30, 2015, 06:13:29 pm
Mega Man for the NES
classic ass game. hard as hell but very satisfying to beat. i had to use the pause trick against the yellow devil because it's almost impossible to beat him without it.
8/10
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#1878  December 30, 2015, 06:29:02 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
#1879  December 30, 2015, 07:47:33 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
No matter how many upgrades you do,your characters can still die if you send them out on a mission they suck at doing
Telling Jacob to use vents instead of people like Tali or Legion will put him in big risk of getting a rocket to the face,for an example
#1880  December 31, 2015, 03:31:32 am
    • Jamaica
There's that, but what really gets people is the hold position section. Ideally, Tali or Mordin should accompany your rescued comrades back to the Normandy. The one that remains should be taken to fight the giant Terminator. The game doesn't explain it very well at all, but you need most of your heavy hitters holding the line. We didn't really know about this until a dev explained it on the forums.