2 (7.1%)
Teal
5 (17.9%)
Grim
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Re: Project Z.E.D
#121  October 18, 2015, 07:25:41 pm
You are fine (it's not a month) but this is a project. You won't get Tomoe, because he's still making her and the other characters.
The only thing you can get for now is the DEMO in the first post.
#122  November 14, 2015, 07:45:02 pm
    • UK
    • seanenglish.wordpress.com
A small video demonstrating some of Jonathan's changes.

XSZ

#123  December 13, 2015, 02:00:52 pm
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/XSZ105
Didn't know this project was still going. I like the animation style.
#124  March 30, 2016, 05:01:47 pm
    • UK
Hey guys, I'm back and with a new trailer to show you.

And here it is, Jinzai's first trailer showing off his meterless combos, while also featuring the voice work of the talented Matt Shipman.
Out of everyone in the cast so far, Jinzai is the only character that can deal massive amounts of damage without the need of meter, compared to the rest of the cast his meterless combos are very straight forward and are less varied. The character becomes a lot more scarier when he does have meter though.

Enjoy
#125  March 30, 2016, 05:53:56 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I'd welcome you back the only way I know how, but the mods may come at me.
#126  March 30, 2016, 10:48:58 pm
How about just saying "welcome back", is that difficult?

The new character looks cool but I have some points I'd like to discuss:
- is the combo at 0:12 really feasible? Can the enemy recover from that trip attack? The same could be said for the combo shown at 0:30.
- The attack at 0:20 (the fourth hit of the combo) doesn't look very strong, I think it's got to be the timing on that animation;
- the attack at 1:03 (the two-hit flying uppercut, third and fourth hit of the combo) hits twice, but I think it should only hit once (you made it so both the blur frame and the normal frame hit).
#127  March 31, 2016, 03:04:03 am
    • UK
How about just saying "welcome back", is that difficult?

The new character looks cool but I have some points I'd like to discuss:
- is the combo at 0:12 really feasible? Can the enemy recover from that trip attack? The same could be said for the combo shown at 0:30.
- The attack at 0:20 (the fourth hit of the combo) doesn't look very strong, I think it's got to be the timing on that animation;
- the attack at 1:03 (the two-hit flying uppercut, third and fourth hit of the combo) hits twice, but I think it should only hit once (you made it so both the blur frame and the normal frame hit).

The combos at 0:12 and 0:30 are both feasible the enemy can't recover once the sweep connects.

As for the 'two hit flying uppercut' (Dancing Dragon), it's meant to hit twice, the animation shows that he's using both of his legs to do that attack. (Starts with a knee and finishes with a high arching kick.)

As for the attack at 0:20 (Crushing Lion), I'll see what I can do about that, looking back at it now it does seem pretty off.

Thanks for the feedback
#128  March 31, 2016, 12:09:17 pm
As for the 'two hit flying uppercut' (Dancing Dragon), it's meant to hit twice, the animation shows that he's using both of his legs to do that attack. (Starts with a knee and finishes with a high arching kick.)

No, no, that's not what I meant.
If you go at 0.25x the normal velocity of the video and you get to the time I told you (1:03) you see he hits twice while he's not actually moving (when he's on air, he hits the opponent with his knee twice but he's not moving, on the 3rd and 4th combo hit).

Here's a gif to show what I was arguing:

See? He does two hits.
#129  March 31, 2016, 02:17:04 pm
    • UK
Ahhhh, you meant his Jump light punch. sorry about that. Yeah, that's a hitspark error on my end, it's supposed to appear on the palm instead of the knee/foot level. The move hitting twice was intentional to make his aerial juggle combos more consistent.
Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 04:09:15 pm by SeanE
#130  March 31, 2016, 03:44:31 pm
The move hitting twice  was intentional to make his aerial juggle combos more consistent.
Ah, ok, just wanted to make sure.

Yeah, that's a hitspark error on my end, it's supposed to appear on the palm instead of the knee/foot level.
Well, it doesn't look that bad, the knee in this case has more range than his punch attack, so it kind of works, just moving those hitsparks some pixels upwards should do the trick.
Also I thought about adding two hitdefs, one for when the enemy is at knee level and another one for when the enemy is at an higher position; in other words, when the attack detects the p2 y position it could behave differently.
But it's just an idea.
#131  December 19, 2016, 12:37:10 am
    • UK
Hey guys, sorry I that I haven't updated this thread for a while, this project has still been making progress despite my absence from here.

Jinzai has a new trailer up.

I also have some more updates about plans for the future so stay tuned. :)
#132  December 19, 2016, 07:52:44 pm
  • Wataaaaahhhhh
    • France
I really like your work, great animation and design. :)
http://mugenguild.com/forum/iron-muscle-bomber.400
Rahhhhhhh, AI is so hard to deal with !!!!
#133  December 21, 2016, 02:22:49 am
    • UK
I really like your work, great animation and design. :)

Thanks man, I really appreciate the kind words. :)

As for the big announcement. I'm planning to run a poll to vote for any future characters (Izzy aside) you like the look/sound of. You can find an image of each character within the spoilers as well as a small description of what you can expect from the character fighting style/gameplay wise.

Xiu:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Jinkuro:

Bausman:

Karl:

Teal:

Grim:
#134  December 21, 2016, 08:27:05 pm
Bausman seems cool. Voted for him.
#135  December 21, 2016, 08:57:02 pm
  • Wataaaaahhhhh
    • France
They are all interesting... Bausman and Xiu are my favorites because I like grapplers and Bruce Lee (I hope she will make funny sounds like Bruce in fight).
For Bausman, you will make him like a MMA grappler or something more original like luchadors ?
http://mugenguild.com/forum/iron-muscle-bomber.400
Rahhhhhhh, AI is so hard to deal with !!!!
#136  December 21, 2016, 11:51:00 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
I mean, does it matter who you make first? they'll be made afterwards anyways, yeah? :)
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#137  December 23, 2016, 02:12:58 am
    • UK
They are all interesting... Bausman and Xiu are my favorites because I like grapplers and Bruce Lee (I hope she will make funny sounds like Bruce in fight).
For Bausman, you will make him like a MMA grappler or something more original like luchadors ?

Xiu will definitely make Bruce Lee sounds haha.

As for Bausman I'm aiming more of an original style. The theme I'm going for with him is like a no respect street fighter style. Think if Yamazaki from KOF was a grappler.

I mean, does it matter who you make first? they'll be made afterwards anyways, yeah? :)

Haha, well, I guess, in regards to having to wait for characters to get completed then it kind of does, but outside of that not really. I'm just really indecisive. :)
#138  February 10, 2017, 11:07:22 pm
    • UK
And here it is. Jinzai's 3rd and final trailer, this one showcasing his supers.

#139  February 11, 2017, 12:10:21 am
  • me
  • a guy who makes art
    • Brazil
Nice to see this is still alive
keep it up!
nice job
#140  March 09, 2017, 01:17:20 am
    • UK
Finally it's Tomoe's turn to show off what she can do in her first trailer:

Credits go to Heidi Tabing for the wonderful voice of Tomoe.

Technical notes:
Tomoe is a character that requires pretty high technical ability as well as pretty high execution. Her vast array of normals and chains allow for massive extended combos. She also has a really strong mixup game which I didn't get to show because most require meter but you'll get to see most of that in the next trailer.
Some of these combos may likely change in the future.