YesNoOk

Capcom X Snk  (Read 792620 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, September 09, 2014, 06:08:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom Vs. Snk Universe!
#521  January 05, 2016, 08:45:44 pm
    • USA
My bad yo......is it cool to make a thread? I guess i'll post about an ikemen project i'm currently working on, what we talked bout in the inbox.
Of course! You don't have to ask me.
Besides I am not the moderator of this board haha
#522  January 05, 2016, 08:59:16 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
^
This is what the discussion board is for..

Ash I saw you asked a question, but deleted it. I'll answer that now.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

All good... Just hoping you're working on the demo first before anything else (to me, that should be your main priority). Working on a mega project solo on multiple things and not really showing anything finished can be a problem to both the creator and the viewer/player. Trust me... As a guy who started with a simple beta/demo myself, it's good since it leads into a more fresh start and can set your priorities straight (not to mention having better help to fix things oike bugs, glitches, broken tech., etc.)

As for the logo, you know I was referring to the game logo (Capcom vs SNK Universe), right? And I don't have an issue with the whole "not 100% cvs theme" whatever thing... I guess it's too late to say "don't get too ahead of yourself and go crazy." Lol, jk... But yeah... Looking forward to it I suppose.
#523  January 05, 2016, 10:55:26 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
if you and rei going by this I think you should change the look for the menu and for the ikemen screen pack. because if you guys going by that. All mean we need to re change the look as well for the Ikemen screen pack to go with those Victory Portraits theme. Because Adding those with the Ikemen screen pack feel off set and off balance base off the New updated Ikemen screen pack that Rie ask to make. If you have the time and make the sprite for us that be awesome.this way the screen pack can have a 640x480 look. And yes the screen only work for 320x240 and 640x480 resolution sprite images. Ikemen cant do like mugen when come to HD / But we can make close to 640 x 480 Hires look. I also like to point out that the theme I made for Rie was only base on his creation and Imagination. So I only coded and added what he ask me to put in it :D and give me some the ideas when we were bring storming for a better look for the Ikemen screen pack   

I agree... it could clash with the look of the game already (unless you can make the victory screen match the tone of the screenpck)... As for sprites, you could go big and try using bigger images than 640 by 480, but you would have to make your IKEMEN window bigger (not sure if it would help making it more hi-res). As for any changes for the future screenpack, the logo of the game and use of mvc3 wallpaper for the *ahem* ... "network mode" would be a decent start.

if you and rei going by this I think you should change the look for the menu and for the ikemen screen pack. because if you guys going by that. All mean we need to re change the look as well for the Ikemen screen pack to go with those Victory Portraits theme. Because Adding those with the Ikemen screen pack feel off set and off balance base off the New updated Ikemen screen pack that Rie ask to make. If you have the time and make the sprite for us that be awesome.this way the screen pack can have a 640x480 look. And yes the screen only work for 320x240 and 640x480 resolution sprite images. Ikemen cant do like mugen when come to HD / But we can make close to 640 x 480 Hires look. I also like to point out that the theme I made for Rie was only base on his creation and Imagination. So I only coded and added what he ask me to put in it :D and give me some the ideas when we were bring storming for a better look for the Ikemen screen pack   

I agree... it could clash with the look of the game already (unless you can make the victory screen match the tone of the screenpck)... As for sprites, you could go big and try using bigger images than 640 by 480, but you would have to make your IKEMEN window bigger (not sure if it would help making it more hi-res). As for any changes for the future screenpack, the logo of the game and use of mvc3 wallpaper for the *ahem* ... "network mode" would be a decent start.

Wow there fellas.. I didn't sign up for a full SP. Lol
 Nah real talk though that screens was just a base concept of something I did before but I scrapped and I changed some stuff to show Rei How It would look. I agree a game must match not repeated but it must have a feel to it that blends together.  If you guys really want me to break apart CVSU SP and create a new menu, select, and a versus screen for it we can do that. I'll do all the sprite work if some one wants to code since I'm not to familiar with Ikemen but I can photoshop for days lol.  I have a bunch of concepts that I scrapped for my Rebirth project. I can change some stuff up and end up creating something good to make this feel more legit. Also what FClass said about a higher resolution. If that's what you guys want it's a easy. All my PSDs are already in 720P resolution.. and you get more room to work with. But I really don't mind 480P.
#524  January 05, 2016, 11:03:39 pm
    • USA
Yes, You & OldGamer UNITE!!!!! LOL That way I can focus on characters & everything else XD
Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 11:36:37 pm by Rei
#525  January 05, 2016, 11:39:05 pm
    • USA
Here is an example of what I described earlier. One of her best tools
Chun-Li
https://vid.me/DpPr
Also hoping we can improve on the stage interaction. I've been looking into myself & it could may be a neat idea to add new elements to stages(destructibles)
Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:04:50 am by Rei
#526  January 06, 2016, 12:28:07 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/

Wow there fellas.. I didn't sign up for a full SP. Lol
 Nah real talk though that screens was just a base concept of something I did before but I scrapped and I changed some stuff to show Rei How It would look. I agree a game must match not repeated but it must have a feel to it that blends together.  If you guys really want me to break apart CVSU SP and create a new menu, select, and a versus screen for it we can do that. I'll do all the sprite work if some one wants to code since I'm not to familiar with Ikemen but I can photoshop for days lol.  I have a bunch of concepts that I scrapped for my Rebirth project. I can change some stuff up and end up creating something good to make this feel more legit. Also what FClass said about a higher resolution. If that's what you guys want it's a easy. All my PSDs are already in 720P resolution.. and you get more room to work with. But I really don't mind 480P.
well I did not mean to force it on you and Im truly I am sorry but I cant do what ur able to do with the images you created , Im just a stage coder and Screen pack maker base on Old school and low spec sprite from variety of emulators. when I saw what your able to do I saw that I was like wow you have great talent. when come to pure hires and HD imaging. My experiences on images are from clean pixel in low stander point of few, this why I was able to make the screen pack for Rei because I was able to do with hand made sprite work with Logo and few images I used to go with his idea. but with my coding skill and with your awesome skill on images we can make this work for Rei Project. But no one here will force you to do anything that you don't want too and I was only suggested that if Rei does gonna use your victory screen for the characters. I figure that you can also change the theme I made for him by using your awesome skills and so far Rei is very happy with the new change atm for the menu,roster , online, network and everything I did for him and once again I'm sorry for the misunderstanding :hyo:

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#527  January 06, 2016, 07:29:52 am
    • USA
well I did not mean to force it on you and Im truly I am sorry but I cant do what ur able to do with the images you created , Im just a stage coder and Screen pack maker base on Old school and low spec sprite from variety of emulators. when I saw what your able to do I saw that I was like wow you have great talent. when come to pure hires and HD imaging. My experiences on images are from clean pixel in low stander point of few, this why I was able to make the screen pack for Rei because I was able to do with hand made sprite work with Logo and few images I used to go with his idea. but with my coding skill and with your awesome skill on images we can make this work for Rei Project. But no one here will force you to do anything that you don't want too and I was only suggested that if Rei does gonna use your victory screen for the characters. I figure that you can also change the theme I made for him by using your awesome skills and so far Rei is very happy with the new change atm for the menu,roster , online, network and everything I did for him and once again I'm sorry for the misunderstanding :hyo:

Lol no worries bro. No misunderstanding at all.
I know I'm not being forced into anything. I've mentioned it to rei before about his screenpack for his project.
I've just been too busy with my own project I still am lol but I was mostly busy with RL. Things are getting back to normal again and I have more free time so I can get back into the creation process.  I think we can make a good team. I would help you code but that way it can give me some free time also to work in my own project.

First order of business, what color scheme would you guys like to see in the SP. That way I can start brain storming. A yellow like CVS 2 or a blue like the screen shot I posted.
#528  January 06, 2016, 10:45:03 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/

Lol no worries bro. No misunderstanding at all.
I know I'm not being forced into anything. I've mentioned it to rei before about his screenpack for his project.
I've just been too busy with my own project I still am lol but I was mostly busy with RL. Things are getting back to normal again and I have more free time so I can get back into the creation process.  I think we can make a good team. I would help you code but that way it can give me some free time also to work in my own project.

First order of business, what color scheme would you guys like to see in the SP. That way I can start brain storming. A yellow like CVS 2 or a blue like the screen shot I posted.
the blue style look for sure and what you did with the victory screen :D because I think that make it look more like the universal that Rei had in mind. I think that the yellow theme always been used before from many screen pack in past. BUT when I coded the screen pack for Rei. He was aiming more to the first capcom CVS but also bring the colors base for the dream cast blue style and also he wanted to look different to have  multiple chooses from different fighting games :) base on his imagination ^^. I did my very best to make it as good as possible for him. One thing for sure I was very happy that he loved what he saw at this time. so what I did was.. I made the menu screen to look more like a CVS / KOF style and the menu and roster to go hand to hand . Everything you see on the menu and roster been hand drawn by me and I had to use the normal ms paint  because I'm not very good at drawing on Gimp and I'm not very good using the tools from the program.  I had to do a lot of minor changes for the menu. Also I had to rip some images from you tube to make the background animation from the first game of capcom vs snk. if you look very close you can see the main menu is from  the real tunnel roster from the first  CVS game made by capcom and tell you the truth I never done it before by ripping something from youtube to get the roster screen and hand drawn each frame for the sprite to go with the menu :hyo: and also I did hand drawn the logo for his CVS Universe logo.

here take a look the picture of the both side by side from ikemen and roster from the dream cast :)
click the spoiler to see the images :)

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:04:23 am by OldGamer
#529  January 07, 2016, 07:56:32 am
    • USA
the blue style look for sure and what you did with the victory screen :D because I think that make it look more like the universal that Rei had in mind. I think that the yellow theme always been used before from many screen pack in past. BUT when I coded the screen pack for Rei. He was aiming more to the first capcom CVS but also bring the colors base for the dream cast blue style and also he wanted to look different to have  multiple chooses from different fighting games :) base on his imagination ^^. I did my very best to make it as good as possible for him. One thing for sure I was very happy that he loved what he saw at this time. so what I did was.. I made the menu screen to look more like a CVS / KOF style and the menu and roster to go hand to hand . Everything you see on the menu and roster been hand drawn by me and I had to use the normal ms paint  because I'm not very good at drawing on Gimp and I'm not very good using the tools from the program.  I had to do a lot of minor changes for the menu. Also I had to rip some images from you tube to make the background animation from the first game of capcom vs snk. if you look very close you can see the main menu is from  the real tunnel roster from the first  CVS game made by capcom and tell you the truth I never done it before by ripping something from youtube to get the roster screen and hand drawn each frame for the sprite to go with the menu :hyo: and also I did hand drawn the logo for his CVS Universe logo.

here take a look the picture of the both side by side from ikemen and roster from the dream cast :)
click the spoiler to see the images :)

For you minimal knowledge with drawing you did great man. Specially since you used MS paint! I use Photoshop and Adobe after effects.
The Vortex is a great idea.. can you send me the vortex sprites (the original that you ripped not the indexed sprites) I see some color loss, maybe I can clean them up so they can look even better ;D.

I made some menu concepts just some ideas I thought about today at work,

the Big portrait style reminded me of this poster for CVS pro (see spoiler), but with my own twist.
The small ports I made some custom ones and since Ikemen can scroll I made two sets one for player 1 and the other for player 2. I added some static tv effects behind the Big portraits (animated of course). Corner pieces with fighting games fading in and out or changing from one game to another (street fighter, fades away the  kof appears or fatal fury the darkstalkers appears maybe each corner can do multiple different franchises coding wise should not be hard at all. Tv screen with the animated intro mix that Rei has, I can resize the sprites in a matter of minutes with AE so thats a piece of cake, and the coding rei already has. the tv screen can also be used as a stage select screen like Rebirth  :batman:
The fonts are not final just place holders to try some stuff out

with out the corner pieces and another bg

Shit I'm just putting some ideas on paper (digital that is) For those that know how I work I tend to create something then trash it and then make something better my SP says it all lol. Man working in 480P is a bitch I barely have enough room to make stuff lol I'm so use to 720P.
That's all for tonight. I'll put some more work into this tomorrow.

EDIT -

If you guys have ideas on how this SP should look or how you want it to look, let me know! Feedback is very much welcome..
Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 05:10:03 pm by HUNGRY WOLF
#530  January 07, 2016, 05:47:48 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Solid...
#531  January 08, 2016, 04:06:04 am
    • USA
I don't have any specific requests, nor ideas at the moment.
Just give me "Capcom" Vs. "SNK" "Universe" The embodiment of those three words.
#532  January 15, 2016, 01:48:02 pm
    • USA
@Rei I sent a few Intros your way through your YouTube page the other day (Apparently I can't send personal messages on mugenguild but that's whatever). Use em if you like em or just let me know if you don't and I'll spice them up. Still working on quite a few more and I'll be sending those your way as well.
#533  January 18, 2016, 03:08:18 pm
    • Brazil
Hi guys I am new in mugen world and congratx by this amazing game cvs universe !
I have two questions how can I put this game in widescreen like this video.

https://youtu.be/Pv8CpnCTZrA

And how can I edit the commands in key board, cause I can find mugen.cfg on data folder.
#534  January 18, 2016, 03:35:04 pm
    • USA
Hi guys I am new in mugen world and congratx by this amazing game cvs universe !
I have two questions how can I put this game in widescreen like this video.

https://youtu.be/Pv8CpnCTZrA

And how can I edit the commands in key board, cause I can find mugen.cfg on data folder.
Welcome & thank you.
1.Graphics card+force full screen(Nvidia control panel) That's what I use/have, don't know about anything else.
2.Controls as well as most other things are explained on the front page.
#535  January 18, 2016, 04:08:15 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Some things i want to ask you Rei:

1. Is there a way to patch the chars with the new add004 update? i got error when restoring the chars
2. How do i fix T.Hawk? he is leaving clones everywhere
3. Is there a way to stretch ikemen? when i put in widescreen resolutions i get blackbars.
4. can you send me your SweetFX settings file? :P
Lasagna
#536  January 18, 2016, 08:17:20 pm
    • USA
1.Yes, but you'll have to do the extra work
2.Control+D
3.I just answered this
4.It's the exact same one that has been posted over & over.
#537  January 18, 2016, 08:40:12 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#538  January 18, 2016, 09:00:25 pm
    • USA
#539  January 19, 2016, 01:41:39 am
Knowing you guys teaming up with the screenpack and judging by Rei's recent vids  I am on the...
#540  January 19, 2016, 09:12:35 pm
    • USA
CVS-U & IKEMEN Evolve yet again.