YesNoOk

post here if you want a subforum for your full game (Read 421643 times)

Started by Titiln, October 25, 2010, 10:29:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: post here if you want a subforum for your full game
#261  January 10, 2016, 09:00:17 am
  • Thanks for all the help!
    • USA
Just take a look at the rest of the topics in the board. You haven't reached that criteria just yet. Try to get more people interested somehow with what you've got. Even if you were going to get one of these it wouldn't really make any difference. If no one is interested they aren't likely to chime in.

Here are a few of my suggestions..

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I "can" use scale? tell me more about this scale?

OK, I'll change the fx/sparks so that they're all the same.

EDIT: looked into sf3kens file and have no idea what to do....oh well

I want to do third strike but fear that may take too much time. I think I'll leave it as is and focus on balance and a.i.

Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:15:17 am by goldeneragaming
#262  January 10, 2016, 10:55:58 am
    • USA
#263  January 10, 2016, 09:39:31 pm
    • USA
fear that may take too much time.
=
Full Game

That doesn't make sense to me.

IF

Too much time = full game

then I can just wait two years and re-release version .4 of my game and call it a full game.

Besides, I didn't make all of the chars or stages so it is more of a compilation.

If you want me to do certain things for your sake then that's fine but say that and don't try to hide it by saying that's what a "full game" should be.

There's certain mechanics that make a guilty gear character a guilty gear character, a marvel character a marvel character and a kof character a kof character.

The idea of this game is to have everyone battle one another but still keep them balanced.

Every character has a parry now and I think the other mechanics don't make much of a difference.

In fact, I think doing the game in complete third strike would take away from the game.

I do want it to be like M.U.G.E.N. but I want it to be balanced.

I looked around the "full games" list and there is far too many games that are a nice screenpack and 2000 chars.

I've watched videos and it's obvious that a lot of those characters are fucking potatos that just stand there when you fight against them and a lot of other ones are fuckin over powered pieces of shit that can not be beaten.

That does not a full game make.

I will have story mode for every character, the first level - Ryu is a boss, there will be a mid-level boss and 3 or more final bosses in a row.

All A.I. will be configured to react from easy 1 to hard 8 and hard 8 will be hard but not impossible.

The main thing...the main thing is that every character will be good but not broken!

This stuff alone will take forever - a year or two more and you're trying to add more to it for no reason.
#264  January 10, 2016, 10:01:57 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thing is, you don't need a board to make a compilation. I know that you're editing them. But just adding a feature or 2 to the characters isn't the same as making a full game.

Criteria for a full game needs to look somewhat more commercial. You'd have to do major recoding to make your project look more like 1 unit. And your current coding level doesn't allow that yet.

How exactly would a subforum even aid you?
#265  January 10, 2016, 10:08:37 pm
    • USA
Thing is, you don't need a board to make a compilation. I know that you're editing them. But just adding a feature or 2 to the characters isn't the same as making a full game.

Criteria for a full game needs to look somewhat more commercial. You'd have to do major recoding to make your project look more like 1 unit. And your current coding level doesn't allow that yet.

How exactly would a subforum even aid you?

I could make a sub forum in which I create a post for each individual character so that they each get individual downloads. Also, I could ask for ideas and bug fixes that need to be made on the individual characters.

My main forum will have the main idea of the game, screenshots and videos.

I could make a sub forum for stages and music and put post for each of the things I'm using.

I would give credit to all of it and take screenshots and put download links.
#266  January 10, 2016, 11:09:53 pm
    • USA
I simply meant a lot of time goes into making a full game a full game. I'm not telling you to make this third strike, but have a "core system". Are you knowledgeable enough to create your own yet? Which is why editing is good for you to learn some basics. I really don't know what else to tell you & you seem very adamant about this. You continuously say you are trying to make a full game, but it's a  "compilation"? Do you see the logic there? Trying to help give you ideas, but you disregard us telling you a "compilation" isn't a full game. Take a look at this game here. This is exactly what you are trying to do done correctly. http://mugenguild.com/forum/capcom-vs-the-world.381

Not trying to discourage you or anything just wanted to offer you some advice in hopes that you may get some others involved in what you are trying to achieve. 
#267  January 11, 2016, 01:44:32 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You can still do that in your single thread. Or make a thread for stages too. Many users on here use a single thread for MULTIPLE character updates.
#268  January 11, 2016, 01:54:48 am
    • USA
#269  January 11, 2016, 01:56:42 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
You can still do that in your single thread. Or make a thread for stages too. Many users on here use a single thread for MULTIPLE character updates.

Although probably not relevant, but dampir's a good example of this notion; whenever he starts a new D-styled sprite WIP, he renames the topic name by the name of his new WIP, and posts all relevant progress of it, which happens pretty much after a completed D-styled sprite project.
This is a generic forum signature.
#270  January 11, 2016, 02:12:44 am
    • USA

Although probably not relevant, but dampir's a good example of this notion; whenever he starts a new D-styled sprite WIP, he renames the topic name by the name of his new WIP, and posts all relevant progress of it, which happens pretty much after a completed D-styled sprite project.

I'll check it out
#271  January 11, 2016, 09:42:34 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
#272  January 11, 2016, 09:59:26 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#273  January 14, 2016, 02:33:43 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Apologies for the delay. Both boards have been created. If I need to change the names or add more people as moderator let me know.

lui

#274  January 23, 2016, 09:23:50 am
    • USA
Hi, can I make a section for the Fullgame version of DarkWolf's MVC project?
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/darkwolf13s-mvc2-s-b-p-captain-america-wip-167326.640.html

I feel like I've made enough progress to justify a section about it :)
I'm in charge of the fullgame version so no need for miscommunications between me and DW, plus I wanna get some input on some gameplay-related stuff and I don't really wanna post in that one thread to clutter it.

Btw, the fullgame will simply be called "Marvel vs Capcom: Extended"
#275  January 23, 2016, 05:29:18 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Hi, I'm thinking that my game, Senri Project (which is a working title), is starting to take off, development-wise, closing in on 4~5 playable characters; so, that being said, I'd like to know if I could get a subforum for it. In it, I'd post character pages, development notes, stages, music, polls, and anything else I could think of.
It would be a heck of a lot more tidy than the thread I'm already using! Thanks in advance!
Have you tried "Season 2" Kitty yet?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/senri-project.421
#276  January 24, 2016, 02:29:21 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Sorry guys for being so late. Sometimes I don't have a lot of extra time on work days. I'll see what staff has to say if anything. Then decide in a day or so.
#277  January 24, 2016, 02:58:51 am
i say DarkWolf and luis deserved themselves a board. they've been doing a tremendous job working on their game.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#278  January 24, 2016, 07:45:24 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
@CRASHEM8000: I looked in your thread but I didn't see anything that has been actually released yet. Did I miss anything?

@walruslui: I'm going to make your board after finishing this post.
Did you wish to have anyone other than yourself as a mod there?
#279  January 24, 2016, 08:13:29 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Have you tried "Season 2" Kitty yet?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/senri-project.421
#280  January 24, 2016, 08:40:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah you'll need to make a release before we can go further on a whole board.