YesNoOk

The "honor code" of the mugen scene . Nobody cares anymore? (Read 43517 times)

Started by OMEGAPSYCHO, January 10, 2016, 05:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The "honor code" of the mugen scene . Nobody cares anymore?
#41  January 11, 2016, 09:45:42 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
You know the old saying that there's 'No honor among thieves?' That's what this situation feels like...

Here's the thing, Omega. I know you've done great work with your characters... let's face it, outside of the MK Project fix that borg has done, you have the best characters from the series in MUGEN. Bar None.... Are you going to sit there and let some jerk ruin what you have built over time or are you going to brush that dirt off of your shoulder and get back to work on the next character?

I don't know about you, man, but I hate to see you take time off or even quit because of one incident.
#42  January 12, 2016, 04:06:21 am
  • Haz lo que te gusta para que te guste lo que haces
    • Mexico
    • www.omegapsycho.webs.com
Haz lo que te gusta para que te guste lo que haces
Do/make what you like because you like doing/making it.

You could have taken that advice and not cared about that youtuber. Or was that line just for show? I mean, you had it before making this topic, but you contradicted yourself again with that.

Maybe I'm starting something, but I just felt the need to point that out.
TOTALLY TRUE!. My mind is a little more clear now; is just that I have present all the work behind this, all the money, all the ideas that come to my mind to make it more fun, complex, awesome, something "out of the box" and before seeing the video I was seven hours uninterrupted programming in mugen and when I found that, I simply explode; I shout aloud FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!! and i came here inmediatly.
This was merely a tantrum, but I think it may be of some use for those who feel that is a waste of time put a little more effort than average. Those people will decide if worth or not this strange hobby. Thanks for your comments.

Look, I understand. Is not possible prevent this. That's not the point. Is not about "authorship" is about time, money and effort put it in a project.
I can remember that Shao Kahn took me 2 months of work, a lot of coffee and a pain in my back for being much time sitted.
Currently I am creating the entire roster from MK, and this kind of things really takes away from me the desire to do it. I feel like a ghost working for anyone. That's why I refuse to include in my own mugen roster stolen chars, because i know what are behind a project. That is the "honor code" what I reffer, and if you don't care about it, I suggest politely that you evaluate other aspects of your personal life because surely this belief is reflected and will not bring anything good for you my friend.
Again, not trying to persecute anyone, but how would you feel if you make a project for school and an idiot take your work, show it as own and have a good grade for it?, that's the point of all this.

And why I cry about it?, because maybe I'll can't continue doing this:

And as I said, "That breaks my heart", because programming in mugen is a lot of fun; this situation make it painful. That's why I take seriously.
As a big fan of your Mortal Kombat creations and Scorpion, I cried inside  :'(
Don't worry man, Im NOT giving up. in spite of what you read here; I'm not that weak.  :sweatdrop:
I think its only really bad if someone does ABSOLUTELY nothing to a character other than change the author's name and put their own name.
That's the point, It's about respect not tribute.
You know the old saying that there's 'No honor among thieves?' That's what this situation feels like...

Here's the thing, Omega. I know you've done great work with your characters... let's face it, outside of the MK Project fix that borg has done, you have the best characters from the series in MUGEN. Bar None.... Are you going to sit there and let some jerk ruin what you have built over time or are you going to brush that dirt off of your shoulder and get back to work on the next character?

I don't know about you, man, but I hate to see you take time off or even quit because of one incident.
Of course I will not, maybe take a little time, but I promise there will be more mugen projects coming soon.

Well, I read all of your comments, some are harder than others but I think all have been fair so far and deserve my gratitude and a final comment because there is no point lengthen more this episode.

1.- I am not giving up. I'll still to do the same good job that I think I do.
2.- I don't think that taking sprites, sounds and even code is "steal" unless you get financial compensation for that. I think mugen is about to do what the original authors of these works will never give us, is for cover a necessity if you wish to see it in a way, but the work and care put into this IS REAL, there are no morals police; if you think you can ignore your own values ​​and think that nothing happened, fine, but life will pass you the bills. We are already talking about personal values ​​here, I think it's important say this for those who think that is usless a topic like this (P.D. for Titiln). At the end of the road, be successful in whatever you do involves episodes like these and be unable to seeing coming and can't be capable to handle it, turns you in al loser. (I have learned that).
3.- I've noticed that my work is not as undervalued as I thought, I will try to not forget what it says my signature again. (Thanks Sin).

One final tip from me: I'll repeat myself again: "The work and dedication put it into this IS REAL." Think about that when someone shares with you a project worthy of a rookie; is very difficult be devote and put a part of your life to learn how to do something you love and nobody care about it; but it is beyond terrible when someone think that something good have you done, grow from the ground like grass. It is about respect, gratitude and understanding.

Good day everyone.  :tipshat:
Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:17:02 am by OMEGAPSYCHO
#43  January 12, 2016, 08:33:04 am
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
As someone who's been around since elecbyte and testp were still active, I can say your creations stand out to me after all these years of trying different characters.  Just about every type of character you've made feels accurate.  It's pretty obvious that you put a lot of work into your characters.  As someone who's made characters as well, the amount of time you've spent on your characters is definitely recognized and appreciated.  Original fatalities, built in movelists, 2 sound sets, original bonus stages, etc... the list of creative things you've done goes on and on. 

Despite being a victim of someone's poor edit of your creation, you really shouldn't let it bother you.  It's pretty obvious you're a well respected creator in the mugen community (you got nominated a few times for character of the month!).  Anyone in the mugen community would immediately see that the character was originally yours (heck, not a lot of people have attempted making Shao Kahn anyway). 

Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

#44  January 12, 2016, 09:46:46 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
..I remember opened a similar thread being treated as shit asking it....."code thieves","leecher" and other terms are gone like was..:http://network.mugenguild.com/rs/ddm/ravenous.html....many creators came private those days to stop it....but failed..rules changed...then come as a plague bad edited ,spriteswaps....but the real creator never be ignored by that awful edits...ignore that people....and she,Omega is a good one...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#45  January 12, 2016, 11:01:23 pm
well fuck this thread just went downhill fast
it's really not though. read chrono.st's post, he explains why it's okay for a creator to get pissed if he sees his creations get bastardized.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#46  January 13, 2016, 06:57:41 am
    • tusulan@googlemail.com
First of all: I can understand your position quite good. You are creating outstanding characters and stages and some stupid kiddies are editing something and sell it as their work. Sadly, it isn't possible to protect your work, as far as I know. But I hope that this isn't too demotivating for you. Please remind that you are a well-known personality in MUGEN and because of that most people can distinguish between these kiddies and the BOSS. :cool4:

That's Correct. If the credit were a thing that worries me I would have shown my face and voice in one of my videos. "OMEGAPSYCHO" is only a "character" this is the real me:

You've seen me before?, of course not. Thats the proof that Is not about credit.

Objection, Your Honour! :stop:

What is this...? :deal2:

I don't like take photos of my self; I prefer to remain anonymous but I guess show my driver's license photo will not hurt anybody, so, this is me:
  ;P

And here is even more! :yaoming:

you sure do look like an PSYCHO that will bring the OMEGA :uhoh:

:P

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Reeeaaaallyyy..?
How about this!!!...

:wugoi:

Okay, back to the topic:

1.- I am not giving up. I'll still to do the same good job that I think I do.

It's very nice to hear that. :mthumbs:

2.- I don't think that taking sprites, sounds and even code is "steal" unless you get financial compensation for that. I think mugen is about to do what the original authors of these works will never give us, is for cover a necessity if you wish to see it in a way, but the work and care put into this IS REAL, there are no morals police; if you think you can ignore your own values ​​and think that nothing happened, fine, but life will pass you the bills. We are already talking about personal values ​​here, I think it's important say this for those who think that is usless a topic like this (P.D. for Titiln). At the end of the road, be successful in whatever you do involves episodes like these and be unable to seeing coming and can't be capable to handle it, turns you in al loser. (I have learned that).

I am right there with you.

3.- I've noticed that my work is not as undervalued as I thought, I will try to not forget what it says my signature again. (Thanks Sin).

Don't forget that there is a user in this forum, who dedicated every post to you. :yuno:
#47  January 14, 2016, 03:08:27 am
  • Haz lo que te gusta para que te guste lo que haces
    • Mexico
    • www.omegapsycho.webs.com
Thank you for your comments guys, I have read it all with attetion this is pure fuel for my motivation. And I really hope this topic can be usefull for those who wants start or find motivation for continue in this very fun hobby. I really apreciate.

Please remind that you are a well-known personality in MUGEN and because of that most people can distinguish between these kiddies and the BOSS. :cool4:

(You got me with that photos dude  :mlol:)

I know, I know, I have very clear what you guys are thinking now:

And so I will !.  ;)
#48  January 14, 2016, 03:12:18 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Not even going to read all of this thread but I'll chime in: just because it's not as common these days doesn't mean it's not appreciated. All it takes is a PM, and people will usually tell you "yes," simply because you actually took the time to ask.
#49  January 14, 2016, 03:34:13 am
#50  January 14, 2016, 03:42:45 am
  • Thanks for all the help!
    • USA
I'm "new" here but I want to chime in because I'm trying to edit hitsparks and it's starting to test my last nerve.

We have something special here and we've had it for damn near 20 years.

I still remember the first time I saw 8 characters with a shitty screenpack that my friend gave me.

When I played, Evil Ken was over powered and made the game useless.

We should be beyond that but threads like these and uptight creators have ruined it so far.

Till this day I find shitty releases with horrible A.I. lack of clarity and a lack of a real sense of togetherness from this community.

You guys and gals are ruining it.

We could have a game with dbz street fighter mortal kombat marvel dc and more but we don't because they're all broken to shit.

I'm seeing now even more so than before because I'm trying to put one of those dream projects together and every single f****** char has different coding to make it difficult to edit.

Every Character has different hitsparks, a.i. shitty hitboxes and more and why?

So someone can say I made that no matter who puts the work into putting it all together and trying to make it work as a fighting game.

Guess what? If a game comes out and only 1 out of 1,000000 characters is really good than that game is broken.

If a fighter comes out and all the hitsparks are crazy and unorganized than that game is broken.

If a game comes out and some of the characters play at hard 8 all the time than that game is broken.

This community is broken because of selfish ass creators who didn't even make the characters or stages to begin with.

We don't own capcom, we don't work for capcom and we won't make any godamn money from this so why the f*** hasn't everyone banded together for what we all want?

I'll tell you why; It's because everybody wants to be the guy who gets credited.

I won't take credit for my compilation, I've said it time and time again that all of my chars and stages will be recognized by their author in the credits and I'm still meet with bullspit.

Elecbyte sure as hell didn't help by releasing so many version either but the real problem is selfish ass creators.

I know it takes time..... look at my youtube channel and you'll find that this has been my side "dream" project for over a year now but I'm barely really getting into it and all I find is variables upon variables and shitty f******* coding on top of shitty F****** coding in order to stop this dream from happening.

We should be past the point of having to start from scratch.

Members of this community have come and gone....members have passed away and yet here we are having this same bs discussion over bs that no one in the outside world gives a damn about.

We could do something special here.

We should work together and not against one another.

Capcom is a huge corporation with a bunch of employees and one person cannot put everything together......by now the pieces should be in place for a dream project to come out WE ARE THAT CORPORATION TOGETHER but to my surprise it hasn't happened yet because of the same bs politics that this thread is still shilling.

Now if you excuse me, I have to go back to trying to fix my waifus hitsparks because every creator decided it would be fun to put different hitsparks and different coding to confuse the fuck out of dudes like me
Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:47:20 am by goldeneragaming
#51  January 14, 2016, 03:51:45 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
What the fuck does that have to do with this thread?
#52  January 14, 2016, 03:55:48 am
    • USA
What the fuck does that have to do with this thread?

godamnit I'll put it in laymans.....

muthafuckas need to chill the fuck out about who made what and why and how. Just release that shit, make it good and try and make something special.

We all love fighting games so worrying about how your char is yours or how someone is going to steal it only derails us from what we should be doing.

We should work together and bring something special to the world.

Fuck.

You can exclude me if you want but by fuckin now you should have done it already.

Fuckin virtual reality is going to be a thing soon and we can't have a fuckin 2d fighter with all of the best characters and stages because of bullshit.

Instead of saying ohhhhhhh my char has to better than his char or I won't release it! release that shit when they're even godamnit. Don't make your creations work against each other, make them work with each other.

The sad thing is, no one fuckin cares about this bullshit I'm spewing and I can expect "rarer" Akuma in a week or some shit
Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:04:55 am by goldeneragaming
#53  January 14, 2016, 04:04:51 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Until you put in any kind of work to help others you're the selfish hypocrite here. You have no idea why unique people make unique things their way for MUGEN. As someone that's literally spent their entire MUGEN career trying to help others in the areas I learn in MUGEN I find what you're doing here insulting.

Get off your high horse and quit wishing for others to do all the work for you. Actually learn skills and share those skills. If you're not being a part of the solution you're being part of the problem.
#54  January 14, 2016, 04:06:55 am
    • USA
Until you put in any kind of work to help others you're the selfish hypocrite here. You have no idea why unique people make unique things their way for MUGEN. As someone that's literally spent their entire MUGEN career trying to help others in the areas I learn in MUGEN I find what you're doing here insulting.

Get off your high horse and quit wishing for others to do all the work for you. Actually learn skills and share those skills. If you're not being a part of the solution you're being part of the problem.

I agree! that's why it pained me to write that but I am learning and I've helped in a thread or two so far.

I'm not saying I'm some fuckin mugen savior or anything, I just had hoped that by now things would be better and it's not.

It's quite sad actually.
#55  January 14, 2016, 04:09:16 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I hope and think the same. But I don't make huge crazy rants. I get out there and do it. Talk is cheap. You want something done you do it yourself.
#56  January 14, 2016, 04:10:45 am
    • USA
I hope and think the same. But I don't make huge crazy rants. I get out there and do it. Talk is cheap. You want something done you do it yourself.

very true. As I stated, I was on edge which is no excuse but it's the truth
#57  January 14, 2016, 04:15:05 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Might want to apologize to "the community" and all these people that put in so much time into their creations, good or bad. Just so you can come in here and call them all trash because they didn't fit the idea you had.
#58  January 14, 2016, 04:16:49 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
goldeneragaming said:
bwaaah! why didn't dozens if not hundreds of creators with different backgrounds, tools and goals do the be all end all uniform compilation that I dream of!? The mugen community blows!
You're full of shit.
#59  January 14, 2016, 04:17:38 am
    • USA
My apologies to the community and I don't think any of the releases are trash.

goldeneragaming said:
bwaaah! why didn't dozens if not hundreds of creators with different backgrounds, tools and goals do the be all end all uniform compilation that I dream of!? The mugen community blows!
You're full of shit.

you're literally putting words in my mouth. I did not say that
#60  January 14, 2016, 04:20:20 am
We could do something special here.
we have. you're just not looking hard enough.
We should work together and not against one another.
We should work together and bring something special to the world.
how are we not working together when you have people ripping sprite sheets and hosting them for everyone?
how are we not working together when you have people who post mugen tutorials and help other coders?
how are we not working together when you have people like balthazar and the rest of the Z2 team working on a full game with it's own gameplay system and original sprites which they will release for free?
i'm sick of this argument btw and i honestly don't know why people keep using it.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞