YesNoOk

Recommend a Youtube channel (Read 5344 times)

Started by Gennos, January 27, 2016, 04:41:29 pm
Share this topic:
Recommend a Youtube channel
#1  January 27, 2016, 04:41:29 pm
Hi, there :)
I'm a crazy Youtube watcher, as soon as i find a good channel i binge all of it videos. so i pretty much have nothing to watch now.
So if you know of an entertaining youtuber who you think is underrated and isn't watched enough, please go ahead and recommend it to me here.

here are a few cool youtubers that i like watching:

GradeAunderA
British guy who makes funny videos about anything.

Pat the NES Punk
if you don't know who he is, he appeared in avgn's Nintendo's NWC video. he does retro games reviews and he has a cool podcast that he does with his friend.

Satchbag's Goods
a very professional game reviewer. stays away from comedy and focuses more on... reviewing the games. he doesn't upload as offen now but his old videos are nice.

so yeah... give a small description of what they do, don't recommend someone who's too famous, and don't plug yourself? i'll leave that up to your dignity...
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞

HQ

Re: Recommend a Youtube channel
#2  January 27, 2016, 04:49:30 pm
#3  January 27, 2016, 04:58:25 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm so glad you made this. Well, here are some I'm subscribed to:

LixianTV and LixianVG

So Lixian is a Portuguese animator/artist/Let's Player (from Luis Costa) whose mostly well known for making animations of other YouTubers (most prominently Markiplier, and The Game Grumps). I pretty much watch his VG channel, because his Let's Plays are some of the funniest I've seen (GTA V w/ The #NORGIES crew, Shadow Warrior, BioShock: Infinite, among others). In additon, although he has simple animations, the style he used for all of them was simple, yet appealing, and has been improved as he went along, you can see the differences in his new animations and old animations. If you want to watch a European LPer who isn't PewDiePie, I'd recommend this guy.

Ginger Ninja Trickster

One day, as I was looking for some Taekwondo videos, I stumbled upon this British (I think?) mixed martial artist, and good Lord he had some of the most amazing kicks I have ever seen. Watching him in action was great, and in addition to Taekwondo, he does Super Hero sketches, which are great (most of them are him doing stunts/martial arts while dressed up as Spider Man). I'll let you see the rest for yourself. ;)

SinixDesign Art Channel

An artist whose videos/tutorials on digital art/art theory motivated me to try my hand at digital/traditional art again after many failures. Very informative/descriptive, and his speed painting videos are great. Give him a watch, you won't regret it.

Feng Zhu Design School

Same as Sinix Design, this one is hosted by Feng Zhu, the founder of FZD School. He mostly discusses digital art theory/advice while doing speed painting, and I learned a good amount of stuff from him (like using pics as texture/color refs, and treating digital sketches as digital sketches, and not getting too caught up in perfectionism). His paintings are amazing, I'll tell you that, you need to see him in action to feel the magic.

Well, that's all I have. Not the best at describing things, so I hope I piqued your interest?
This is a generic forum signature.

lui

#4  January 27, 2016, 05:25:51 pm
    • USA
I love GradeAunderA as well, if you like him you should watch:

Pyrocynical:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Pyrocynical/featured

Another Brit that makes fun of shit, he's really funny and was just featured in gradeA's latest video.

Filthy Frank:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TVFilthyFrank

It's Papa Franku, you cannot miss Papa Franku. Accept Papa Franku

h3h3productions:
https://www.youtube.com/user/h3h3Productions

The ONLY react channel that's actually fucking hilarious, they don't just sit around and watch a vid on webcam they actually create fucking hilarious skits that make fun of the videos they react to since mostly they're cringe-inducing like hell
#5  January 27, 2016, 05:29:01 pm
  • SNK is life
entertaining youtuber who you think is underrated and isn't watched enough,
GradeAunderA = 799,326 Subs // Pat the NES Punk = 174,503 Subs // Satchbag's Goods = 73,992 Subs
Interesting. I think anybody who has over 100K subscribers is doing rather well :P

Thanks Disaster! (4K Subs)
Small collection of vids about how things in our current lives were born from strange circumstances, made by Scott Bromley. 20 Episodes of interesting historical quirkiness!

Donna Burke - Singer, iDroid and Oddball (18K Subs)
Singer of the past few MGS Themes like Heavens Divide and Sins of the Father + She's making weird goofy videos with Stephanie Joosten (MGSV's Quiet herself!). I listen to her Metal Gear Solid Vocal CD playlist everyday, she has a great voice <3

Cross Counter TV (136K Subs)
Home of The Excellent Adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross, Street Fighter saltiest let's play vids. 30 mins of weekly fun.

Kinda Funny Games (157K Subs)
Former Podcast Beyond hosts, Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty + their crew do podcasts about games. 2 to 3 hours of fine weekly podcasts guaranteed.
Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:32:41 pm by walt
#6  January 27, 2016, 05:31:06 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#7  January 27, 2016, 06:56:08 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#8  January 28, 2016, 05:53:16 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
i don't know if these are underrated but here are a couple i like:

ashens
following the trend of snarky brits here's one who makes review on cheap stuff, knockoffs, among other things. i also hope you like couchs

Emergency Awesome
and here's one for the nerds. if you are following one of those popular nerd tv shows right now you might want to chekc this channel for all those easter eggs or some other stuff you missed becasue you like the show but cannot be bothered to jump in the bottomless ocean of the original source content (like for example all those dc/marvel tv shows and/or movies)

331Erock
do you like music from popular media like tv, movies or video games? do you like METAL then check this guy's badass covers

MoonshineAnimations
and finally a channel with some nice stop motion animation using mostly (but not exclusively) figma figures
#9  January 28, 2016, 11:00:29 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Pellek
This guy really did such awesome anime music covers! :D
#10  January 29, 2016, 04:05:15 am
thank you guys for your suggestions, ill be sure to watch them sometime.
here are a few other channels that i like:
Beyond the Lot
this is the offical DC youtube channel! nobody knows about it for some reason.
it uploads motion comics, it has the watchmen one, the red son one and and alot others.

iDubbbzTV
he uploads Lets plays but that not why i watch him, he has a funny video series where he mocks shitty kickstarter and indegogo projects.
#11  January 29, 2016, 04:34:04 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
LittleVMills

On my downtime I do a lot of video encoding and Little V's awesome guitar remixes of video game music keeps me from going nuts from boredom. Also he played that awesome guitar on Cinder's theme, I don't know how he doesn't have 100,000 subscribers yet.

Oliver Harper

This guy does really good retrospectives on movies from the 80s and 90s, with brief summaries, backstories on production and full segments devoted to the music scores and video game tie ins and bookends them with professional looking trailer remixes. He's great, and I'm glad he's starting to get people watching his stuff but he could definitely use more.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:40:39 am by Speedpreacher
#12  January 29, 2016, 04:51:46 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Not really underrated because this has like a million subs, but w/e

Smooth McGroove

Guy who looks like Jesus does incredible a capella covers of video game music.
#13  January 29, 2016, 05:07:20 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
BlameSociety
They did some comedy videos, and made 2 seasons of a series called Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager. Starring Darth vaders (brother? Cousin? Can't Remember) who is a manager of a grocery store. The person who voices Chad, Matt Sloan, also plays Vader in most media because of Chad Vader.

Now though they make Beer and boards, where they play board games while drinking beer, but they also make the only webshow I watch at a regular rate:
Welcome to the basement. A show where Matt and his friend Craig watch movies matt's never seen and review them. I really like it because they aren't angry, and you can tell they really love movies and know their stuff.

Favorite Episode BTW: Tough Guys Don't Dance.
#14  January 29, 2016, 05:21:00 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
cinemasins

whether you like movies or not, this channel is for you, most well known for doing the everything wrong with series, they now cover animated movies: disney pixar and dreamworks now, they also have a podcast, you should check it out it's on itunes
#15  January 29, 2016, 05:34:01 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Every Frame a Painting features in-depth examinations and analysis of film composition and editing; it's very interesting and educational. I'd recommend this one on Silence of the Lambs as an introduction if any of that sounds interesting, since it's shorter than most of the other videos on the channel.
#16  February 05, 2016, 10:30:44 pm
so i recently found this great channel called Game Sack
it's run by two guys who make videos about retro games and consoles. i am marathoning their videos now, they're great.