YesNoOk

Edit from edit Screenpack (Read 11453 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, February 07, 2016, 05:48:05 am
Share this topic:
Edit from edit Screenpack
#1  February 07, 2016, 05:48:05 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
LAST EDIT WAS ERASED

Every time I try to do something cool, Devon appears and make something a lot better haha... it happened with his Street FIghter Screenpack, I was using a world map and Ryu and Ryo there... but not only his version looks a lot better, I did also tried a few other things and I just got a pretty cool Screenpack, maybe the definitive one I will use for a while... Last ones were not really good, they have issues that bothered me.

If you have see my works before, you will see I have always wanted to do something SVC - Red VS Blue... and this one, finally looks good enough to me...

Still a few details to fix or to add, but it's nearly complete.

I'm uploading a video to show how it looks in game in a few hours. Most of the animations are done just with transparencies and velocities, but they look nice in movement.

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 01:36:32 pm by NiO ErZeBeTh
Re: Edit from edit Screenpack
#2  February 07, 2016, 02:26:32 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Update...

After dealing with my Pc giving me an 0x000000e error that seems to be something really random in my case (it happened 3 times, when I was editing the Screenpack image) I have made some progress... still need to edit and paint over the images, because Sonic doesn't look like my first try that was erased because even if I had saved my files, they just dissapeared after the crash...

Also I'm gonna work on a comission so I will be making progress slowly (today wasn't my day after all)

Here the sample, this needs a video later, because it looks a lot better than the images shown imo

Zorf Giudecca
#3  February 08, 2016, 03:17:12 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I like the update you did. Looks a lot better
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#4  February 09, 2016, 03:30:06 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Well, because I want to make something like a new EVE screenpack... what do you think of this idea?

Using KOF XIII sprites to make a VS style Screenpack, like an old SNK image that had many of their properties in one image...

do you think it would look good enough?
not sure if I will like the old version or this one better...

A logo would be in the middle in the screen an option selection in the upper screen

Zorf Giudecca
#5  February 19, 2016, 09:41:21 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
well, nobody here gave me suggestions about it, but I did choose the first image because it was easier to look (KOF XIII sprites look great, but also hard to distinguis)

I did change the background images, I don't know, maybe I don't really have an idea where I'm going with this, but I liked the result because I have always wanted to have a map in the background since my first attempts at screenpack editing...

now I want your opinions and advice again...

1- should I remove the characters in the Menu screen? I think they look cool, but the new background make the whole thing looks too saturated.

2- in the select screen... it's possible to make the small portraits go in front of the big portraits? see the video and take a look at what it happens when your portrait collide with the small ones...

Zorf Giudecca
#6  February 19, 2016, 08:13:31 pm
    • USA
If you are going to keep the characters, an idea could be to have them fade in and fade out à la NoZ's Legacy/Warzone? or maybe make them a part of the font so it's a different set of characters for each mode. Just some ideas so it's not always the same few characters.

There would be quite a bit of open space if you removed them since the menu selection is kind of up there.
#7  February 26, 2016, 01:33:02 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Every time I try to do something cool, Devon appears and make something a lot better haha... it happened with his Street FIghter Screenpack, I was using a world map and Ryu and Ryo there... but not only his version looks a lot better, I did also tried a few other things and I just got a pretty cool Screenpack, maybe the definitive one I will use for a while... Last ones were not really good, they have issues that bothered me.

If you have see my works before, you will see I have always wanted to do something SVC - Red VS Blue... and this one, finally looks good enough to me...

Still a few details to fix or to add, but it's nearly complete.

I'm uploading a video to show how it looks in game in a few hours. Most of the animations are done just with transparencies and velocities, but they look nice in movement.

Zorf Giudecca
#8  February 26, 2016, 04:56:34 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
#9  February 26, 2016, 05:39:01 pm
Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 05:42:51 pm by Sin-
#10  February 26, 2016, 08:28:02 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I was thinking the same, because the tittle had the characters in that order... will see if I'm able to do it (because I'm not sure if I would be able to replicate the background on the menu)

here you can watch the Menu, Options and Select so far...

There's more stuff I will like to add but I don't know how to do it, for example, the "press any button to start" text would look cool if it blinks, and maybe adding a little description of every mode.
            Zorf Giudecca
#11  February 27, 2016, 03:02:47 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Ahh shoot my bad man I didn't mean to step on your territory. I didn't know you were still working on the screenpack.

But in future dude don't get put off with what I do because I work really slow and I could switch things around again. Just do your thing, don't get discouraged.

here you can watch the Menu, Options and Select so far...

There's more stuff I will like to add but I don't know how to do it, for example, the "press any button to start" text would look cool if it blinks, and maybe adding a little description of every mode.
In my World Warrior X Black Edition screenpacks I have examples of both those things. Check the Intro/start def for the blinking and check menu.sff and menu.def in the fonts folder for how I did the menu with descriptions.
#12  February 27, 2016, 02:17:52 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Don't get me wrong haha, I just prefer your versions over mines xD
But it also inspires me a lot, because I want to reach those levels of awesomeness
Bad new is, I got from work today and laptop was on, with a blue screen of dead :(
Hope everything could be saved, I have made this Sp and  Benimaru edits that I don't want to get lost :(

==============================================================

Lucky enough, laptop worked well today, and I did some updates...
I think menu screen is done, options maybe, and select seems done too...
I just need to edit the team menu and the versus screen (probably a Loading screen), and last but not least, the lifebars.

Zorf Giudecca
#13  February 27, 2016, 03:02:24 pm
  • animes are for pussies
    • Germany
maybe reduce the number of selectable chars in the selectscreen a little and let the background move from right to left ?
#14  February 28, 2016, 12:17:19 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I want it that way, but it's really easy to edit the slots to experimented creators...

The moving map is a nice suggestions but it doesn't match as a tile because the grind in it is curved, I should change the map to try that out (I did that in another screenpack attempt)
            Zorf Giudecca