YesNoOk

General PC news thread (Read 128474 times)

Started by DMK, July 26, 2013, 03:45:34 am
Share this topic:
Re: General PC news thread
#481  December 23, 2014, 09:32:00 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I really like that they attempt to put more and more console games to PC using Steam, but I hope they don't turn them into bad ports. Some of them don't even bother with keyboard compatibility for example. I do have a controller, but for some games I wish I didn't have to use one.

And as for the games, Akiba's Trip is an OK game, but only if you understand the references they do, otherwise you won't understand what they're talking about and most likely will get bored that it's always the same pattern, go to a place, fight and go back. Hyperneptunia is a good game, but only if you like its gameplay, which I was never able to get used to.
#482  December 23, 2014, 04:01:35 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Japanese game houses are investing on PC now due to the to the growing popularity of a few games in the last years

TESV: Skyrim is a fever back there
DOTA 2 is gaining popularity due to the tournaments

and now that sony and Valve are working on Cross MP for a few games

Imagine the Future remake of F/SN on steam with a TF2 easter Egg(like the a Meet the team)
#483  December 29, 2014, 03:43:37 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
DLH site is giving away 7 now 6 games for steam for free if you register at the site.
http://www.dlh.net/en/
List of games
#484  January 18, 2015, 01:41:00 am
#485  January 18, 2015, 06:13:20 pm
    • USA
[jew mode]As always, you can use your main GMG account's ref link, create a new account using that link and then buy RE HD and get 2 dollars of GMG credit in both accounts for future purchases.[/jew mode]

Also preloading is available since yesterday.
#486  February 17, 2016, 01:27:32 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

ePSXe 2.0 for windows have been released at   http://epsxe.com/

The changes are:
- First of all, ePSXe 2.0 now requires Windows Vista or superior. While it could work on Windows XP SP2, it has not been tested.
- Multi-language support. Currently there is support for English, Spanish, Japanese (thanks to Nekokabu) and Italian (thanks to Domus). If you want to help us translate the emulator to other language let us know at epsxepc@gmail.com.
- Added a gamelist window. Now you can open a gamelist window by selecting File->Open Gamelist or clicking on the letters "PSX" from the ePSXe logo.
- Improved CPU/overall timing accuracy.
- Improved GTE accuracy. and added support for widescreen and subpixel precision (GTE Accuracy hack thank to Edbla).
- Ported the Soft GPU from the Android version. The new GPU Core requires a videocard supporting OpenGL2 + GLSL shader. Supporting increased internal resolution at x2/x4, brightness profiles, stretching modes, 2D filters (Thanks to Zenju), Shaders (Thanks to Lottes & Hyllian), Scanlines and Sub-pixel precision. (Special thanks to Pete Bernert :)
- Included the Pete Opengl2 GPU core with support for sub-pixel precission (gte accuracy hack) and memory detection. Millions of thanks to Pete Bernert, Tapcio and Edbla.
- Teamviewer incompatibility is resolved with the internal GPU plugins.
- Added a configuration window to select options for the internal SPU Plugin.
- Fixed support for CDDA music in external SPU plugins.
- Improved the internal input plugin. Improved multitap andd added autofire support.
- Added support for Konami Justifier gun using the mouse.
- External Input plugins support.
- Added game profile by game.
- Improved auto-PPF support. (PPv3 and several files by game)
- Improved cheat support. Fixed cheatcodes gameshark conditional, added increment/decrement types (0x10-11, 0x20-21) and copy type (0xc2).
- Improved HLE bios emulation. Starting with version 1.9.25, the HLE bios has been improved to support more games: Wild Arms, Jet Moto, Toca World Touring, Simcity 2000. Memcards support was improved for a lot of games such as Dinocrisis 2, Metal Gear Solid, V-Rally2, Diablo, Ridge Racer Type 4, Driver, Echo Night and Azure Dreamns.
- Fixes to the CD-ROM decoder and the core which made around to 40 more games playable or better working: Agile Warrior F-111X, Arcade's Greatest Hits - The Atari Collection 2, Blasto (PAL), C-12 - Final Resistance, Captain Commando, Cinema Eikaiwa - Ai No Hate Ni, Cinema Eikaiwa - ArasshigaokaA, Cinema Eikaiwa - Interceptor, Cinema Eikaiwa - Tengoru Ni Ikenai Papa,, Cinema Eikaiwa - This boys life, Cinema Eikaiwa - Zombiew, Duke Nukem - Land of Babes (PAL), Fantastic Night Dreams - Cotton Original, Formula One 2000, Glocal Hexcite, Jumping Flash 2, Legend of Legaia, London Racer 2, Mary-Kate and Ashley - Crush Course (PAL), Mary Kate & Ashley - Magical Mystery Mall (PAL), Medievil, Medievil 2, Metal Slug - Super Vehicle 001, Maboroshi Tsukiyo, Millennium Soldier Expendable, Nightmare Creatures II, Nishijin Packinko Tengoku Vol 2, Perfect Weapon, Psybadek, Rock'n Roll Racing 2 - Red Asphalt (PAL), Rugrats Studio Tour (PAL), SD Gundam G Generation Zero, Sidewinder II, Slots, Soul Blade, Star Wars - Rebel Assault II - The Hidden Empire, Super Pang Collection, The Hive, USA Racer - A2 Racer goes USA, Virtua Pachi-Slot Olympia Special
Sega to allow mods for Mega Drive titles on Steam
#487  April 21, 2016, 10:04:59 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Sega to allow mods for Mega Drive titles on Steam

Mega Drive Classics Hub’ will feature a selection of Mega Drive games when it launches on 28th April, and in addition will have full steam workshop support, allowing people to upload mods to games that are decades old.

In addition, the existing Mega Drive steam games will be updated to have full controller and keyboard support, plus a save state like option that lets you save at any time, a feature common to emulators and clone consoles.

The video seems to suggest that it will have VR support as well, allowing you to wander around your virtual 90’s game room.

http://www.voletic.com/news/sega-allow-mods-mega-drive-titles-steam/
Re: Sega to allow mods for Mega Drive titles on Steam
#488  April 21, 2016, 10:18:43 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
YYEEEEAAAAAH!!!! HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE!!!!! The nostalgic SEGA is BACK!!!! This is a dream come true!!! This made my whole life!!! XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:21:44 pm by RoySquadRocks
#489  April 21, 2016, 11:10:42 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
My body is ready.
#490  April 22, 2016, 12:17:48 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Sonic 3 Complete is LEGAL now?!
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#491  April 22, 2016, 12:40:35 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
For once it's a good day to be a Sonic fan.
#492  April 22, 2016, 01:13:08 am
    • USA
#493  April 22, 2016, 01:19:56 am
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Well at least it's good to know that Streets of Rage 2 and it's ungodly number of mods will be able to be played for the first ti- snrrk
hahahahahhaha.

This is dumb.
But at least it's got Columns and Revenge of Shinob(i)
People say Ninja Gaiden is the real test of gamer manhood. I say getting the true ending to Revenge of Shinobi.

Although now that I think about it, it's most likely going to be the latest revision from those other compilations so eh...
#494  April 22, 2016, 02:41:08 am
    • USA
The entire announcement is kinda vague. Maybe the entire genesis library on steam will actually have workshop support but the new virtual hub will just work for the games on the list? It's kinda weird how they didn't just add every game to the virtual hub to begin with. I expect it to get updated every once in a while to add support for more games.

Although now that I think about it, it's most likely going to be the latest revision from those other compilations so eh...

The games were released on steam years ago. There's probably info about which version of the ROM is the one they're selling. Nothing will prevent people from creating a patch to revert the changes and upload it to the workshop now though.
#495  April 22, 2016, 02:57:51 am
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
I was expecting ToeJam & Earl and ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron to be available through the hub on release, but nooooo, they're not, and why is that? At least they have Dynamite Headdy, Ristar, Bonanza Bros., Wonderboy in Monster World and Vectorman.
Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:01:46 am by RoySquadRocks
#496  August 24, 2016, 06:55:51 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 07:03:28 pm by Insigniawarfare
#497  April 11, 2017, 10:23:20 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Windows 10 creators update rolling out today

Steam 2017 summer sale is live
#498  June 22, 2017, 07:19:27 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Steam summer sale is live but ..... servers are overloaded so R.I.P it was expected