YesNoOk

Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign (Read 63887 times)

Started by Aiduzzi, May 02, 2016, 01:51:58 pm
Share this topic:

Bea

Re: Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign
#81  May 05, 2016, 01:37:08 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Bea what you said is right but, as I said that's not the point. Maybe we're just a bunch of novices, and we don't know nothing about videogames. Maybe as you said our campaign is wrong, our video is shit and we're even unpleasant guys  ;D but what I asked is to fail because the game is broken, crappy or not funny and not because the game is a crime. That's all I asked for. Anyway if I said something wrong to you, I'm very sorry. My english is not so good and all I just wanted to do is to make you understand my point of view, nothing more ;)

P.S. Do you really think that our presentation video is extremely amateurish?  :mwhy: Everyone who saw it (included some professial videogames    journalists) said that it is awesome!  ;D

I am not saying that the game is a crime. I am saying that the engine that you picked is a extremely poor choice, and I am also pointing out why your campaign is failing to gather heavy backers and why it won't meet it's target.
Mugen is a mess and will thoroughly limit what can be done. If you are using Unity, then use it to run the fighting game logic as well. At least Unity has a free Indie dev kit for the PS4 that is easier to secure than the 2,5K USD official dev kit, which also requires you to have a publisher backing you up.

The team that was gathered has no experience and it shows. You can't find social media work done by the social media manager nor I could find any programming work done by the listed programmer, be it game development or not. If you do some web search, you will end up finding their public Facebook pages and what people see there doesn't inspire confidence that the team can complete this project.
And you guys are asking people to invest money on you to get a game done.

If you want to succeed on a crowdfunding campaign without being a big name, without having a big name involved on the project or without weirdos that want to do strange things to ponies, you need to look professional. Your team need to inspire confidence to backers. We need to see previous work, it doesn't even need to be gaming related, but we need to see that people in your team have completed and shipped projects.
And yet your page doesn't list a brief resume of each member of the team.

Think about it, learn from those mistakes, retreat, recoup and then relaunch when you are better prepared.
You are in the 4th day of your campaign and you have 441 USD raised.

With this, I rest my case.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#82  May 05, 2016, 02:24:54 pm
  • Antonodi'!
oh yeah fei long's chest on that old man and freeman from garou on the ring girl, they did sorta stick out like a sore thump.
he said he will revise them didn't he?
Guys You're from Mugen Community! Ubu is born as an edited character, some parts of his sprite is ripped; in the community everybody know it! ;) Explosions and a big amount of sounds effects are ripped too, we wrote it in the campaign page that we will change all these stuffs but now I know that nobody read the campaign page. So maybe it was stupid do not explain it in the video too. As I said we made many mistakes but to make all these stuffs we need money. Each one of my chars has about 800 sprites. There are about 2000 explosions sprites and hundred of SFXs and voices. I cannot do it all by myself! :( 
P.S. Just one last thing: No freeman sprites was used to create Ella. Ella as Giano and Kuando is completely original! ;)

i think it should've had an introduction by the team or a voice over. you should've emphasized that the game needs funding in it, otherwise people will watch it and say "cool" and just click away.

When I see a video with a man with a t-shirt who talks in his living room about his project, well that's the video that I skip without any hesitation  ;D
Seriously, maybe I'm wrong, but I want to give my money for a project I want to see a trailer, a cool and spectacular trailer, not a man who talks. I like that video, I wouldn't change one bit of it for anything. ;)
#83  May 05, 2016, 02:28:05 pm
#84  May 05, 2016, 02:28:43 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Then good luck with your next project, Aiduzzi.
I wish your vision of things will bring you success!
#85  May 05, 2016, 02:44:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I see you are just ignoring people answeirng your questions now, so I guess a blind eye to the issues raised it is.

Good luck surviving any attempt of steam with that attitude dude, you gonna need it.
#86  May 05, 2016, 02:52:11 pm
  • Antonodi'!
I see you are just ignoring people answeirng your questions now, so I guess a blind eye to the issues raised it is.
Iced I'm not ignoring what all of you are saying. I understand what you mean, and I said that all of you are saying is right. I'm just explaining my point of view. ;)

Thank You Sin and Hephaistos , thank you very much! :)

Well, for a "dead man" I'm talking too much!  ;D Thank you for all your appreciations and for all your criticisms. They will be very useful for the future. If there will be some news I'll be glad to share them with you. :) Bye!
Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 05:50:55 pm by Aiduzzi

BC

#87  May 05, 2016, 07:30:33 pm
    • UK
Hey Aiduzzi your characters were always inspring to me as a mugenite and were some of the first characters i ever downloaded back in the day. Dont be discouraged by criticism or negativity, dont give up on the project because people tell you to. I do agree about gaining peoples confidence before opening wallets, so why not release a free demo when it gets to that stage? And maybe even re-campaign.

I actually have known jeremy almost a year he is an honest guy and ive done a few comission works for him. Maybe asking for all that amount of $ in the campaign wasnt the most realistic of things and i do think it needs re-thinking without rushing. And i do think a solid resume would help but you have to start somewhere i guess.

I agree it shouldnt be mugen though! Im in the middle of developing my own fighting engine and im sure i would find it way less hassle than trying to fix a mess of code that was done by someone else. Mugen and unity isnt a good mix just keep it pure. :mthumbs:
Accepting commissions
#88  May 06, 2016, 04:28:02 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I did a little research (or rather, I compiled research others in IRC managed to find), and.... Sorry, not sorry, Aiduzzi, but absolutely none of these people have the proper credentials to work on this. In addition, there's a hell of a lot of nepotism involved.

The lead programmer is Jeremy's brother or cousin or something (not sure of the relation), and his credentials, according to Facebook, are...  Youtube University For Future Stars and.... Mailing fliers? What the fuck? Even Alexlexus has more background than this guy because at least he's done MUGEN work.

The social media manager is Jeremy's wife and is a makeup artist. I do not even need to explain to everybody else what is wrong with this. If YOU don't see what's wrong, let me break it down: this doesn't seem like a person who would relay feedback properly to the rest of the team. Just because she uses Facebook or Twitter doesn't mean she knows how to use it properly for a business. Business social media != personal social media.

And back to Jeremy, his post here was basically "I won't post here anymore because I thought you guys would like and back this." Because, you know, that's exactly what a project manager should do, not listen to the majority of the people who would be backing your project.

If you don't know the major problem with nepotism, then Google "Chaos Wars" and look how awful the acting is. Now apply that to every other aspect of the project. That is what will happen to this if you don't get people with the right background and knowledge.
#89  May 06, 2016, 04:48:37 pm
well good thing it was canceled before a disaster happened, i guess.
Aiduzzi i hope you regroup from this, and make this game without those shady people. better yet, get iced to help you with it, he's the one with the most experience here as he managing the hdbz project.
fuck those guys man, you don't need them, refer back to my previous post here about incompetent people.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#90  May 06, 2016, 04:50:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
My main concern is whether or nto aiduzzi signed the rights to their characters to them, I was near to getting on a busines deal with jeremy but I backed out once I was asked to sign stuff.
#91  May 06, 2016, 05:12:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Criticism and discussion of what people think is umprofessional is okay.

Starting to shout names and accusing people of crimes out of the blue is not. Gennos avoid posting like that.

Post removed.
#92  May 06, 2016, 05:54:03 pm

I'm only just getting an understanding of it all. I can't help but to add my thoughts even though it won't add much of wasn't already said.

I thought the trailer was cool, but it was definitely something that can be picked apart by people who look at details, clashing art assets being the main thing.

Shame about the legalities causing such a problem. I'm not really in the know of a lot of things, but I do trust the judgement of the people here, they're like the few smart people that I know of in life. I echo the sentiment that it's important to have everything situated before pursuing an endeavor such as this, though you don't have to be a genius to know that. As for Mr. Patterson, I'm not going to read into anything he's said or question his merits, don't know him well enough. Just that what I hear about him is discouraging.

I'd love to see this project take off, I say this as someone who in all honesty has no idea of your work within Mugen. I don't keep up nor am I insightful of history. But it's plainly evident that the team isn't full of standouts who you can have complete faith in, and I don't want to back a project for people I don't trust.

I'd hate to see you give up on this, but that decision's entirely up to you.
#93  May 07, 2016, 06:02:35 pm
    • USA
The thing about the trailer is that it tells you nothing. It would be a good trailer, if it came out after the game was funded and people knew what rotten core was. It tells you absolutely nothing about the story(again, noone knows what this is), the gameplay(you kinda have to infer from what was shown, but when not explained it looks plain.  Not to mention when you go through in the names for mechanics when you don't explain how it works then it just gets confusing), or what makes the game so special in the first place.

People aren't gonna want to see exciting visuals if the game isn't something ready for them to buy, it's a game they have to put money into for a chance for it to be made. Most (if not all) of the successful campaigns had a guy or a team talk about what they want for their game with gameplay in the background.
#94  May 07, 2016, 09:44:34 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Not that this is might sound like a huge concern, but I'm hoping some of the cast's visuals can be updated. Ella's animations are decent, but I feel the shading itself could use much more anti aliasing, in order to look smoother and more detailed. And Ubu is a nice design, but his sprites are... yeah, given the evident use of SFA/KOF sprites, he really needs a complete remake.

Here hoping you can find a team that can help you programming a new engine that doesn't causes you copyright problems.

Shit
#95  May 08, 2016, 09:22:36 am
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Seeing that the entire project has been cancelled, Maybe it was a little too soon to get it all going... I do agree with Bea that MUGEN isn't really the best idea to start putting into work for huge projects and the sprites may seem old but as usual they're like vintage items you store to look and admire from so revamping them might get interesting with a good story. Unity can be a good idea to start things off, the business stuff though you gotta make sure you got the right team.

With just the right ingredients the project can make eye-catchers for anyone new to fighting games or to fans alike. All ideas start off somewhere, so planning and sorting things out with a dedicated team members or not can be a good start depending on the situation. Don't give up hope yet though, wait for the right moment to strike in. I'm a huge fan of your work and I wish you the best of luck Aiduzzi.
#96  July 18, 2016, 01:59:47 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
#97  July 18, 2016, 02:30:31 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
???

what ?

it says that it's closed , it was only 2% funded