YesNoOk

Sagat718 - Custom Sagat *UPDATED 9/25/16* (Read 10381 times)

Started by Odb718, May 07, 2016, 12:05:45 am
Share this topic:
Sagat718 - Custom Sagat *UPDATED 9/25/16*
New #1  May 07, 2016, 12:05:45 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've always considered Sagat my main. But over the years Capcom just hasn't released an amazing beast of a Sagat. (IMO)
I decided a while back I'd wait to edit my Sagat until I was pretty good at editing. I finally got around to him.

Download from Host-A or Right Click and Save As HERE!  UPDATED 9/25/16

He's got an Air Fireball. (pic 4) Not sure why he's never had one. Has he and I just missed it??
You can also do an Ultra version and EX version of it.

He's got a new level 3 ultra. (pic 2) It has a few possibilities.
#1 you do nothing and it's a regular Raging Demon. 17 hits. (pic 5)
#2 you punch and it's an uppercut. You can time pressing kick to spear kick P2 while he's falling.
#3 you kick and it's a tiger knee. You can time pressing punch and it's a fireball punch with no fireball.

I've custom made some walking sprites for him. It's very hard to notice but his walk backwards animation looks a little better.

I stole the Teep Kick from M206 (with permission) and reshaded it a bit. It's B+c. It's not the prettiest sprite(s) on the planet but I love directional attacks.
Other graphical changes here and there. I _think_ I may have sprited a different basic air attack. I know I've done a few for a few characters. CBF to verify it.
He can pop up and do combos, he's got a push block, parry, power charge, roll,
Oh he's got a running charge punch attack I made. (pic 1) Running press z and he'll do a double arm out attack. If it misses Sagat stops running. Sagat will also stop running if he pushes P2 into the corner.

If he's at level 3 and full health his chest will glow returning to state 0. Which is pretty often.
Custom win poses depending on health/power/if the raging tiger hits.

He's always been a fireball machine. He can perform a high to low, or low to high with faster timing, IF you time it right. (it's not that hard)
You can get a two hit combo if you throw a slow fireball -> med/fast fireball.
You can combo from a full screen slow fireball to running attack.
Ultra moves are done backwards from the originals, because of EX moves getting in the way.

I used Master Gouken's Sagat as the base, & tried to shove as much into this Sagat without getting excessively cheap. The Raging Tiger might be... I haven't tested against humans but the PC's evaded and countered it. And not the complex AI.

If you guys feel something's off, let me know. I'll try to adjust it.

vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 10:31:31 pm by Odb718
Re: Sagat718 - Custom Sagat
#2  May 07, 2016, 08:42:11 am
  • Niigasan
Man I can't wait to try this
#3  May 07, 2016, 06:10:54 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
Right off the bat, i think it's kinda weird he doesn't have a launcher. (or at least from what I can tell, he doesn't)

I threw him in an A.I match vs himself and it was honestly a pain to watch :/ his A.I distances you and then spams his low-high tiger shot till he gets a meter then does the super version of it, and when you're up close to him, his constant dodge/parry to tiger kick is pretty annoying, his A.I in my opinion needs a complete overhaul or to just be removed because he's really spammy and watching him fight against other characters couldn't be too great either.

I also adapted a portrait by hades to work with your sagat so he has a better small portrait, and I also made a new super BG portrait for him, mainly because I'm not a fan of the art you picked. feel free to use them if you'd like :)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

get them Here
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#4  May 07, 2016, 10:39:51 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Right off the bat, i think it's kinda weird he doesn't have a launcher. (or at least from what I can tell, he doesn't)
B+z for the launcher. B+c for the Teep Kick. F+y for an alt MP.  F+y -> B+z usually connects well. The Launching game for Sagat, like Dhalsim, is a pretty narrow hit box. It's hard to focus on it as the main strategy.

The slide in image isn't the greatest, I'll agree. I was thinking about knocking it down to the 16 colors in Sagat's palette. I spent a good long while looking for an image most Sagat's hadn't used.

Editing the AI seemed to be a big pain. When I originally started the character I tried to gut the AI out. It'd crash the character. I checked and checked for whatever I missed but couldn't find the reason. I usually dont mess with AI. But I did just do Ermac's AI. I may have to try my hand at Sagat's.
#5  September 25, 2016, 10:27:34 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I've made a small update.
Sagat has a new crouching kick. I've replaced the standard crouching fierce kick with one based off of SFV's animation.
Thanks to @aperson98: for the outline, I was able to mimic the kick.
I've adjusted the ground velocity of the kick. It also reaches about 7 pixels further, so it may be possible for new combos.
I was thinking about making it a directional input attack, but the fact that CMK and CFK were the same sprites I decided to replace the animation.

In SFV the kick is for CMK. When I did the animation the movements were just too fast for the cmk timing. The speed worked much better as cfk. The animation works for a trip. Similar to Chun Li.

If you're only interested in the new animation, you can find it here