YesNoOk

MegaMan X (Read 46791 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, June 29, 2016, 12:09:40 am
MegaMan X
#1  June 29, 2016, 12:09:40 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Now that we have 3 animations we can graduate from idea engineering! YAY!
Find the new thread here
Updates will take place there now. This thread should pretty much die unless a specific question that'd fit here comes up.

Spoiler: not as old 1st post update (click to see content)

Spoiler: old post (click to see content)
Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:26:11 am by Just No Point
Re: MegaMan X
#2  June 29, 2016, 12:21:49 am
    • Mexico
    • https://nestor-2099.github.io/gamedev/

lui

#3  June 29, 2016, 12:22:44 am
    • USA
Ive been dabbling with some pxz2 sprites for reference regarding some specials i have in mind. Ill see what i can do.

nexus games also says he finished the remaining required gethits so theres that.

ALSO just to clarify, when you mean "use different parts" are you talking about certain parts of his body morphin into the moveset he taps into? kinda like marvel's sandman?
Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:38:33 am by walruslui
#4  June 29, 2016, 12:50:31 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
When I say different parts I mean the armor parts. X1 and X2 armors. For example. If he gets the X1 blaster and releases the X1 charge shot the animation of firing the shot will change. His arm canon will be the X1 armor arm canon. If it doesn't get too costly I may ask for all 4 parts to be sprites for said animation. So when he fires the blast if he has X1 armor parts they will all appear.

The armor would simply be an explod. Head, body, arms, feet.

He should probably have a super that transforms into all armors from the 8 games too. Sort of like Athena

I remember RamzaNeko and MotorRoach did more anims, which can be found on X's topic, here: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ramzanekowips-maverick-hunter-x-148645.380.html
Looks like I need to go on a gif hunt! Thanks!!!

lui

#5  June 29, 2016, 12:52:40 am
    • USA
Ohhhhh i see now.

yeah, having them as explods is a good idea too. it makes the sprite management alot easier. iirc i think ramza already did sprite the armor in full

edit: here's the x2 armor
#6  June 29, 2016, 12:53:35 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just a few standing sprites. Unless more are in his thread still

Does this move list sound good to you too?

Edit: @walruslui: actually that's the Falcon Armor from X5/6
Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:58:41 am by Just No Point

lui

#7  June 29, 2016, 12:58:27 am
    • USA
yeah man it sounds great!

so yeah the x2 armor is only the standing sprite.

there are a couple more gifs there but one is broken.
#8  June 29, 2016, 12:59:54 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
He has more in the sff also I'd edited my post to reply to your edit. That's not X2 armor :p

lui

#9  June 29, 2016, 01:00:37 am
    • USA
oh my bad, geez his armors are just so complicated :p
#10  June 29, 2016, 01:55:23 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Another note. I'll rewatch the Day of Sigma ova to see what else he might could use. Only thing I remember off hand from it is the Shining Finger attack!!!
#11  June 29, 2016, 01:56:24 am
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
Do the megaman x is just, complicated.
My version uses sword attacks (x6 sprites) like zero does in x4.
Some people don't like but w/e.
Many of X versions includes boss weapons as supers and hypers, even in normal attacks... make the character without them is a great challenge but not impossible.

To make him try to chioce a game era (x1-3, x4-6, x7-8) most of the authors choose the first era. Moves and supers are based on it.

X can do standard punches and kicks for basics, hadouken and shoryuken too (he does them in 2 first games, and shoryuken in x4 w/ charged rising fire or x8 w/ ultimate armor, so why not?) Special move? Standard move? This depends of author.

Finally X can change the armor, but in all games (with exception of command mission) he can't change during battle. The armors normally gives new habilities and weapons variations even giga attacks.

X isn't added in fighting games, then this able the author use all of his creativity to make the character, this char have Unlimited Potential.

lui

#12  June 29, 2016, 01:57:25 am
    • USA

is this the armor you're thinking of when you said "x1" armor?

im coming up with a sample sprite based on this this image and im  pretty far along atm so i hope i have the right one :p

and i dont like the sound of giving him a hadouken. yes i know he does it in the games but its pretty redundant in mugen.
#13  June 29, 2016, 02:02:30 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yes that is X1 armor!

fxfreitas: yeah there are a ton of options and directions someone could take X! I'm mostly sticking to SNES X 1-3 with touches from the rest. I didn't want him to be similar to Classic MM or Zero. Wanted him to be unique. It's nothing I couldn't code :)

I considered the hadoken and dragon punch but ultimately decided it'd make him too easy to play as. Even if they needed to be unlocked as power ups or by collecting all 4 pieces of an armor. X1 being hadoken and X2 being shoryuken
#14  June 29, 2016, 02:04:33 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Yeah that's the first armor and I'm with not giving the Hadouken to him as well.

Edit: Since you said some touches from the later games, what exactly would you be planning to add?

lui

#15  June 29, 2016, 02:07:11 am
    • USA
awesome, ill be dropping a sample sprite of his x1 armor here first to see if it's good to use for different anims. i could seperate it in parts so it's easier to edit and put into the other sprites.
#16  June 29, 2016, 02:21:13 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
One question... Do you guys consider adding the Falcon Armor?
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#17  June 29, 2016, 02:22:12 am
  • This is... the LAST dance...
    • USA
What about Shadow Armor? That's my fav.
#18  June 29, 2016, 02:36:08 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'll be converting him in Darkstalkers style so I was considering Falcon Armor as a dark force. Giving him the ability to fly and play like it plays in game.

I'll find a way to have him transform into Shadow armor but I can't think of ways to incorporate it into the current move list as a larger influence. And shadow uses a blade so it'd be kinda like Zero.
Yeah that's the first armor and I'm with not giving the Hadouken to him as well.

Edit: Since you said some touches from the later games, what exactly would you be planning to add?
Things like nova strike and plasma shot as I'd mentioned. Other than that mostly cameo stuff.

lui

#19  June 29, 2016, 03:00:04 am
    • USA
we have to use the falcon armor sprite in some way, it's too beautiful to not be used :(
#20  June 29, 2016, 03:47:00 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Walruslui is pming me and mentioned something worth discussing. Does X need more specials still? I was kind of thinking he'd be strong enough once he gets armor parts but maybe he's not? Should he get more specials? I don't want to exclusively give each full armor more specials. Maybe mixing parts could give new specials?

Example gaining x1 arm and X1 body could give a new special attack. Or X1 body and X2 arms. The new special attacks could be also allow us to add new armor attacks from other games.

Like a huge green ball blast where he turns into Gaia armor and has hyper armor as he attacks. Shadow armor special. Etc