YesNoOk

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade  (Read 378125 times)

Started by Moon Girard, February 14, 2015, 05:42:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade
#181  August 06, 2016, 09:47:05 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
I don't see why it cant be Noct... I mean we had two demos playing as him already... plus it doesn't seem like this Dissidia has any storyline as yet... so not like it will give any FFXV plot points away..
Other companies have done this before to promote their games... like PlayStation all stars had new Dante in it I think a few months before his actual game came out?
Plus putting in Noct would make them sooooooooo much cash.
#182  August 06, 2016, 12:15:04 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Castlevania Judgment (I know) has Shanoa too, and Order of Eclesia wasn't even out yet.
#183  August 06, 2016, 04:57:24 pm
    • Netherlands
^^ I bet 100 bucks that it will be Noctis. Anyone wanna bet against it?

Noctis sounds like a safe bet, but maybe it could also be a fan favorite like Aerith.

Castlevania Judgment (I know) has Shanoa too, and Order of Eclesia wasn't even out yet.

To add on, Playstation All Stars had Donte while Devil May Cry wasn't out yet (and iirc even Raiden while Reveangeance wasn't out yet) And in the history of Smash you have both Roy and Corrin. Games like these occassionally add characters that haven't had a release yet for promotional purposes.
#184  August 06, 2016, 05:18:15 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
They're gonna hype it up as the main character from the newest Final Fantasy game and it's gonna be Rain from Brave Exvius.   :ilied:
#185  August 06, 2016, 05:40:54 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I would love Rain. I wanna see him and Bartz interact.
#186  August 06, 2016, 08:08:23 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
^^ I bet 100 bucks that it will be Noctis. Anyone wanna bet against it?

Noctis sounds like a safe bet, but maybe it could also be a fan favorite like Aerith.

To add on, Playstation All Stars had Donte while Devil May Cry wasn't out yet (and iirc even Raiden while Reveangeance wasn't out yet) And in the history of Smash you have both Roy and Corrin. Games like these occassionally add characters that haven't had a release yet for promotional purposes.

Corrin's game was out for months before he was announced as DLC.

SNT

#187  August 07, 2016, 03:33:45 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#188  August 07, 2016, 05:58:34 pm
They need to advertise Final Fantasy XV in a Final Fantasy game bc Final Fantasy fans probably don't know about it yet.

SNT

#189  August 08, 2016, 03:18:54 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
They need to advertise Final Fantasy XV in a Final Fantasy game bc Final Fantasy fans probably don't know about it yet.
...Fuck, that's some top quality bantz.

They just did a YT show. New stage, new alt costumes for everyone and more

Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:19:06 pm by SNT
#190  August 11, 2016, 04:29:12 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Did Tidus's even change? looks the same as his normal one to me.
#191  August 11, 2016, 04:34:36 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 04:38:30 pm by Byakko

SNT

#192  August 11, 2016, 04:35:06 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
That's how he's always been in Dissidia. They look practically the same, but the default outfit is his well-worn Spira adventuring gear, and the alt is a pristine pre-FFX Zanarkand Abes uniform.
#193  August 11, 2016, 05:00:41 pm
    • USA
Lack of Auron, ah this game shall never reach its full potential.
That Seed uniform! Am I the only one bored of Cloud's advent children design?
No more cineamatic limit breaks obviously because multiplayer right? That was indeed OmniSlash & I think trance. How does all of that work now?

SNT

#194  August 11, 2016, 05:12:44 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
We still don't have Jecht or Yuna yet, I wouldn't expect Auron any time soon.

Honestly I always thought the SeeD Cadet uniforms looked better than the Officer outfits, especially on Squall.

Every character has three buffs they can activate in a match, one of which is unique to them. The unique one is usually that character's old EX Mode. As for the limit breaks, everyone's Brave and HP attacks have changed, some old EX Bursts got reworked into new HP attacks.
#195  August 11, 2016, 05:15:54 pm
Lack of Auron, ah this game shall never reach its full potential.
You realize they're still adding old characters and they said since day 1 that they wanted to go way further than the PSP games. No reason to think Auron will never make it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

SNT

#196  August 11, 2016, 05:20:18 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Right now FFX has the equal-most representatives in Dissidia, that already makes it one of the less likely ones to get more. Even if they do add a fourth FFX character, that's probably more likely to be Seymour than Auron.
#197  August 11, 2016, 05:28:38 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Reminder of his PSP costumes
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/6/63/TidusAltOutfits.png/revision/latest?cb=20110120161911
Arcade trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCGvA8iBvMQ shows he was wearing the one on the right, and now it's the one on the left.
Most of these costumes seem to be exactly the same as the PSP alts.
I'm glad to see Ramza's alt, I thought his default costume just looked weird.
That's how he's always been in Dissidia. They look practically the same, but the default outfit is his well-worn Spira adventuring gear, and the alt is a pristine pre-FFX Zanarkand Abes uniform.

Oh seeing them side by side makes it easier to spot the differences kinda sucks they are so similar though while all the other ones(except garland) are much more diverse in looks.
#198  August 12, 2016, 02:48:01 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I love that Fighter McWarrior outfit for Warrior of Light.  I don't care what anyone says, that's always going to feel like the canon FF1 protagonist to me.
#199  August 14, 2016, 12:16:29 am
ramza's black armor looks great. are they going to put villains in every game too as well? if so who'll they put for tactics they don't have a memorable villain imo but if they put agrias i'll be fckin happy.
#200  August 14, 2016, 12:53:42 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I don't think EVERY game is going to have villains in it...but I can possibly say that that there will most likely be more than one villain in certain games for the heck of it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......