YesNoOk

Kohaku's WIP thread  (Read 484286 times)

Started by Kohaku~★, January 03, 2011, 03:10:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kohaku's WIP thread
#801  August 21, 2016, 03:04:17 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net

With the release of Asuna coming up, it also brings about substantial updates to everyone else which is why it's taking me some time to get everything ready. For now here's a preview of one one of the new updates. Along with the counter message, a new "Danger" message has been added to notify you when you are close to losing. This message also doubles as an indication of your character entering a "Danger State" which provides an AP regen buff which slowly restores AP outside of Awakening. It's not meant to be a come-back mechanic, just a small boost that should help alleviate the pressure, though I might add in more features if time permits.

Some characters like Miyuki are also getting some quality of life updates which really boosts their combo potential.
#802  August 22, 2016, 10:33:24 am
    • Thailand
#803  August 24, 2016, 05:18:15 am
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644
I don't think borrowing resources makes the character look " fresh " in my opinion. I think you should do what you did with some of your old characters and create new assets for certain effects ( like with Utsuho ).
#804  August 24, 2016, 02:50:41 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
If you're talking about the messages that appear on screen, believe or not those are actually "new" assets I made. Those particular messages and the way they look don't appear in DBFC. I know what you mean and to be honest I just wanted something simple to display said messages with and the aesthetic seemed to fit with what I was looking for.
#805  August 24, 2016, 02:57:08 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Asuna looks great in the video, can't wait to try her. Congrats on releasing Kirino as well, I was also excited for her release. Looking forward to who you'll work on next.
#806  August 29, 2016, 05:33:37 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪

#FluctuatingInterests #KohakuIsALiar2k16 #SelvariaNotDead

In all seriousness, Kuroyukihime is my next WIP. Her wings will be omitted from this release until I can figure something out.
#807  August 29, 2016, 07:39:35 am
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
#808  August 29, 2016, 09:51:22 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Well, I would love to put her wings in...

...with your help of course. ;3
#809  September 03, 2016, 12:33:03 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪

Basics are nearly finished.
#810  September 03, 2016, 01:10:10 pm
    • Philippines
If I may point out that the WIP section of yout website is outdated? Homura's been out and there's no sign of Red Arc or Hisui.
#811  September 03, 2016, 08:01:52 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Yeah, I know. It's been outdated for years. Just lazy to update it.
#812  September 06, 2016, 03:34:38 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪

Decided to code Starburst Stream early. Will probably have a vid out showcasing her gameplay I just want to make use of my Camtasia trial before it expires.
#813  September 06, 2016, 07:19:37 am
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Wow! She promises. Waiting to test her. Thanks to continue your DBFC characters.
#814  September 07, 2016, 07:42:07 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪

Here's a quick look at Kuroyukihime in action, showcasing her basics and Starburst Stream. As always all footage shown here is considered a work in progress and are subject to change.
#815  September 07, 2016, 05:23:17 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJACn55tOco[/youtube]

Here's a quick look at Kuroyukihime in action, showcasing her basics and Starburst Stream. As always all footage shown here is considered a work in progress and are subject to change.

Oh, that's sweet!  :catgoi:
#816  September 09, 2016, 03:02:56 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪

Death by Embracing
#817  September 09, 2016, 01:40:34 pm
  • God's Tongue
  • SEA (South East Asia)
Just download Asuna,she's good,Thank again,koha.
One question,her mother Rosario super is like that or hit the first attack super.
Waiting Kurohime.>_<b
#818  September 09, 2016, 11:02:51 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
The way Mother's Rosario attacks even if you still miss with the initial hit is intentional.
#819  September 11, 2016, 03:46:59 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
I haven't had much progress on Kuroyukihime lately since I felt that Taiga felt a little bit "outdated" compared to the rest of my DBFC characters so I decided to take it upon myself to revamp her, so to speak. Though I don't plan to update all my AP characters upon Hime's release (unlike previous releases), Taiga will be sporting a rather significant update which will have her resemble her source counter part a little bit closer, both visually and somewhat mechanically.

...for starters she'll finally have her actual standing heavy from the game...
#820  September 16, 2016, 01:06:00 am
hi are you the guy that made the melty blood chars. you go by the name dr. kohaku? if so i was wondering if we could do some business.