YesNoOk

What did you do today? (Read 372111 times)

Started by lui, August 18, 2015, 06:42:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What did you do today?
#641  August 15, 2016, 05:35:41 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Went with the gran to get a new shirt to complete my ensemble for an upcoming conservatorship court date. That being said, I'm fucking nervous about said court date. But at the same time, I'm glad we're going through with this so I won't have to worry about running into my mother anymore.
#642  August 15, 2016, 05:57:25 am
  • This is... the LAST dance...
    • USA
Went to The Galloping Ghost arcade in Brookfield, IL. Damn, what an experience. Hundreds of arcade machines all round and lights and sounds blaring everywhere. Makes me sad that this is all that's left.
#643  August 17, 2016, 01:59:35 pm
went to a job interview and got asked a couple of questions. one of them was "what would you do if you saw a coworker doing something wrong?" and apparently saying "ill go explain to him why he shouldn't have done that in a reasonable and polite way" is a wrong answer! i should've said "inform a supervisor immediately!"

damn, didn't realize that the corporate business is so cutthroat. hope my answer didn't cost me this job.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#644  August 17, 2016, 04:44:16 pm
    • Thailand
Depends on what they mean by "wrong."

Coworker putting a box on the wrong shelf? NOTIFY THE SUPERVISOR IMMEDIATELY. Holy shit! Fire this guy!

I think not. Should have asked them to elaborate.
#645  August 17, 2016, 05:30:15 pm
the context was about customer service. they asked me what would i do if i saw a coworker mishandling a customer or telling him wrong things.

i actually just got a call a few minutes ago from someone i know who works at that company. he said that out of all the questions you answered right, they probably may not take you just for not answering this one like they wanted. like im supposed to read their fucking mind.
#646  August 17, 2016, 06:41:07 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
he, that's how things are supossed to go I ahve applied exams with 4 options and all of them are wrong, but 2 area actually right, like:

what would you do if sales person is doing something wrong ? two of the answers are wrong, the other two are like, "a) get him off the deal and do it myself" , "b) get him off the deal and get another sales person to do it instead" , the latest twoa re both right and wrong, because they are meant to discriminate whether you have skills as a coworker or as a supervisor; a supervisor would get osmeone else to do the job, a coworker would do the job himself. the proble with your answer is that the supervisor is not getting to do his job.
#647  August 17, 2016, 07:57:50 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Sticking to my workout; 190 lbs strong and solid.

I've been larger, but 10 more lbs. and this will be just right.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#648  August 17, 2016, 10:28:04 pm
the proble with your answer is that the supervisor is not getting to do his job.
thats exactly what my rl friends said when i told them about this. they actually told me my answer was naive; "everyone knows that you have to be a tell tale in work".
that's just not in me tho, i can never be a two faced sleezy douchebag. if i ever get asked again about this i'll probably just say what they want to hear but never actually do it.
i find it strange that this sort of thing is getting more emphasis than getting a competent employee who can do his job right.

lui

#649  August 17, 2016, 10:30:09 pm
    • USA
Thats the thing, corporates wont want to take ANY kind of risk, so theyre pretty stingey about notifying superiors in interviews.
#650  August 18, 2016, 12:31:47 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i find it strange that this sort of thing is getting more emphasis than getting a competent employee who can do his job right.
the current job market  means that eoither they can already get a lot of those anyway, or that they can't tell them apart from those who are not.
#651  August 18, 2016, 04:46:13 am
    • USA
Did some more house cleaning and am currently watching GPM's Doom multiplayer stream/Sausage Party rant.
#652  August 18, 2016, 04:56:56 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
that's just not in me tho, i can never be a two faced sleezy douchebag. if i ever get asked again about this i'll probably just say what they want to hear but never actually do it.
Uh, dude...
#653  August 18, 2016, 05:27:23 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
just finished editing a photo of my grandma, printed and laminated them, and have them framed in a sleek white frame.
thank you for staying with us for a very long campaign, today you've leveled up and joined the staff at the headquarter, main story line completed, we'll take care of the remaining side quests. salute and good night! 
#654  August 23, 2016, 06:18:55 pm
  • SNK is life
Been listening to BURNING ON THE INSIDE all day long non stop to celebrate KOF XIV
#655  August 27, 2016, 02:11:08 am
    • USA
Went to get a new backpack for the upcoming college semester. And I've recently learned from the gran that a friend of the family who worked at what used to be a nearby Gamestop (soon to be a new Panda Express) is still in video game retail. That is, he's working at a Gamestop in a mall that's about a 15-20 minute drive from our apartment. Really looking forward to catching up with him in the near future.
#656  August 27, 2016, 08:42:30 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
This:

#657  August 27, 2016, 08:58:25 pm
  • For honor!
You have too much cool stuff. Stop having cool stuff.
Iroha stripped for me
#658  August 29, 2016, 07:22:15 am
    • USA
Got my haircut, picked my uncle up from the bus station, went out to Red Robin for dinner, and am staying up just a bit longer till my food goes down. After that, it's off to bed as summer vacation ends and the new college semester begins.
#659  September 04, 2016, 01:47:23 am
    • USA
Found a new loan place after the one we frequently take loans out from started to close down. At least this new one is like 5-10 minutes away. Also, I decided to just go ahead and get a Tumblr (well, I actually made the decision last night, but yeah). And, of course, I'm experiencing technical difficulties.
#660  September 04, 2016, 01:50:58 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Enrolled into a one year class thing about Java that is supported by both Cambridge and Oracle.
Starting in November.If I manage to pass this shit then I will have something nice to show when I go job hunting