YesNoOk

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade  (Read 377921 times)

Started by Moon Girard, February 14, 2015, 05:42:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade
#221  August 29, 2016, 02:38:17 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Yeah, I know that she didn't do anything and was at the end of the game much like Cloud of Darkness and Necron were. It probably will be Delita though. Or Wiegraf. Either or.
#222  August 29, 2016, 03:20:20 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Still. Should. Be. Ultima. >_<
I don't remember Ultima doing shit beside appearing at the end and just being there. It's still the same Jecht/Seymour discussion, Delita as a character (unrepentant traitor) makes more sense than Ultima, even if Ultima would have bigger moves. Delita can easily have a cool and unique moveset too. The only bad points of Delita is that he's a dude and he has a sword, that's it. His style doesn't even need to be based on his sword, his design can be changed to reflect his treacherous/curse-oriented style with the divine knight stuff being his strong HP attacks.

Atleast Square tried to clarify why they chose Jecht over Seymour(even though Jecht isn't even close to a villain in any capacity, atleast the sequel gave a better reason) as Jecht is far more Tidus's rival than Seymour as he's Yuna's rival(which makes the decision to have her but then not have Seymour all the more baffling...but then again, the sequel itself is pretty baffling since it only added more heroes and no villains).

Yeah, it's kinda sorta the same reason that the Chaos side doesn't have Zeromus or Necrom as IV and IX representatives.... EVEN THOUGH, we got Cloud of Darkness out of nowhere (I suppose they needed another "female" other than Ultimecia), III's Chaos representative should've been Xande.

Jecht is a bit of an oddball, he is more related to Tidus than Seymour and the story sorta builds around Tidus feeling resentment for him, but to be fair Seymour is the one who pesters the party for a good 90% of the game.

Xande honestly would have just been Proto-Seymour(or Seymour is Xande 2.0, your pick). Atleast with CoD, she has presence due to her source being the Void, the force that binds the universes together just like the Rift(Yeah Exdeath fits too but she seems to be THE representative of it considering XIV)
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#223  August 29, 2016, 03:53:04 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
To be fair adding two characters from FFX while not adding a character for each game would of probably been meet with a bunch of complaints, also isn't Gilgamesh a villain?
#224  August 29, 2016, 04:19:46 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Depends on the game (Then again they're all the same Gilgamesh, expect for Type-0, I think?), but not really. Gilgamesh isn't exactly a villain.
#225  August 29, 2016, 04:54:44 am
  • The Goddess Returns
To be fair adding two characters from FFX while not adding a character for each game would of probably been meet with a bunch of complaints, also isn't Gilgamesh a villain?

Gilgamesh would only be a villain on a technicality. Otherwise even in FFV, he's more...of a nuisance at times from what I hear.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#226  August 29, 2016, 09:03:15 am
    • USA
Depends on the game (Then again they're all the same Gilgamesh, expect for Type-0, I think?), but not really. Gilgamesh isn't exactly a villain.
Gilgamesh would only be a villain on a technicality. Otherwise even in FFV, he's more...of a nuisance at times from what I hear.

Interesting having never played FFV i was under the impression Gilgamesh worked for Exdeath and assumed that meant he was a villain.
#227  August 29, 2016, 09:41:25 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
No, he's just like Akuma, he seeks strong opponents, he works for him out of convenience but he's a noble character, so much that
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#228  August 29, 2016, 11:19:44 pm
delita is ok but what will they do to make him different from ramza?
Uh.... everything? Ramza has mostly Squire abilities for support. Delita's Ark Knight/Holy Knight does the complete opposite and debuffs, plus Judgment Blade, Cleansing Strike, etc.

And why the hell would you even start adding characters from the other garbage Tactics game when Ramza still doesn't have a rival?

ramza has those too and a2 isnt that bad either it's not as good as the original but idk why people hate it.
#229  August 29, 2016, 11:33:49 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#230  August 30, 2016, 04:02:03 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
delita is ok but what will they do to make him different from ramza?
Uh.... everything? Ramza has mostly Squire abilities for support. Delita's Ark Knight/Holy Knight does the complete opposite and debuffs, plus Judgment Blade, Cleansing Strike, etc.

And why the hell would you even start adding characters from the other garbage Tactics game when Ramza still doesn't have a rival?

ramza has those too and a2 isnt that bad either it's not as good as the original but idk why people hate it.

it is better than Tactics Advance at least.
#231  September 26, 2016, 04:32:38 pm
    • USA
Ace got a trailer today.
#232  November 07, 2016, 01:16:06 pm

SNT

#233  November 07, 2016, 01:23:23 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia

Bleh.
#234  November 07, 2016, 02:36:02 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Just give me Delita already, please Square.
Lasagna
#235  November 07, 2016, 07:30:13 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Meh, Sephiroth was always a given, I honestly want to see newer villains...but I can understand getting the main characters out of the way.

Atleast show off the FFXIV villain(better be Gaius) or the FFXIII villain(which will be Caius) or hell, please bring in Seymour(yuna will be an obvious given and the only reason he wasn't in was that they stated that Seymour is more Yuna's rival than Tidus...which is true)

#236  November 07, 2016, 07:32:36 pm
Give it a couple more years. Or four.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#237  December 19, 2016, 01:03:05 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

...I'M CAPTAIN BASCH FON RONSENBURG OF DALMASCA!

And I am waiting here since ages to be ported fon japanese Arcades to worldwide video game home consoles!

Rabanastre looks great but also..super lifeless. A stage like that needs some people in there that watch the matches.

SNT

#238  January 10, 2017, 01:37:27 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ULTIMECIA'S TURN DAMN IT
#239  January 10, 2017, 04:10:06 pm
    • Netherlands
They haven't followed any particular pattern really. Villain-wise they went from Garland to Kefka to Sephiroth (with Kain in between). At this point anything goes.

#240  January 10, 2017, 06:51:55 pm
    • USA
Kuja is in my top 3 if not favorite FF villain glad he finally got revealed now if only they could announced a PS4 port but at the rate they are revealing characters i guess that won't happen till 2019.