YesNoOk

Elections reaction thread (Read 36108 times)

Started by Bob8644, November 09, 2016, 02:52:04 am
Share this topic:
Elections reaction thread
#1  November 09, 2016, 02:52:04 am
  • professional white boy
  • god, I wish that were me
    • USA
    • reddit.com/user/Bob8644
holy shit florida
Re: Elections reaction thread
#2  November 09, 2016, 03:12:01 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#3  November 09, 2016, 04:26:57 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#4  November 09, 2016, 05:19:06 am
#5  November 09, 2016, 05:19:46 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
As of this post the NYT is giving Mein Drumpf a 95% chance of winning. Ninety five per cent. Jesus, I should have gambled on Trump. The odds favored Shillary so much that whoever bet on Trump is getting several times his investment tomorrow.
#6  November 09, 2016, 06:03:27 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
All the strides forward made in the last 8 years, wiped away in an instant. All the problems that have yet to be addressed, now have no hope of being solved. The great existential threat that is global warming, which already needed a serious, nigh-miraculous undertaking to even hope to stem some of the damage of, will now be dismissed utterly. The Supreme Court will be locked down for another generation or two by hateful bigots in the mold of Scalia. An executive branch run primarily by one of the most homophobic politicians in America. The mind boggles.

A Republican House. A Republican Senate. And a Republican President, whose first order of business will be to appoint a Supreme Court justice. There is nothing else in my life that I can recall that has ever been as terrifying.

Hate won tonight. Virulent, horrific hate of the other.

I fear for my own future. I fear for the future of us all.
#7  November 09, 2016, 06:11:01 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
i'm so glad the guy who thinks cuckoo's nest-esque therapy on account of being gay and trans is a great idea has a secure spot in the most powerful building in this country and that my gf and i would both be candidates if it were ever be put into motion

yep. it's so great
#8  November 09, 2016, 06:13:08 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Look at bright side. The Republicans won't kill gay marriage. Try as they might, they won't kill ACA either. 4 years from now there won't be a wall surrounding Mexico and Washington will keep on bending itself to international trade. Once the Trump novelty is over Democrats can push for an actual lefwing politician that doesn't represent the absolute worst of their party.

...like they should've done with Bernie this time. Fuck the DNC.
#9  November 09, 2016, 06:20:21 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
All the strides forward made in the last 8 years, wiped away in an instant. All the problems that have yet to be addressed, now have no hope of being solved. The great existential threat that is global warming, which already needed a serious, nigh-miraculous undertaking to even hope to stem some of the damage of, will now be dismissed utterly. The Supreme Court will be locked down for another generation or two by hateful bigots in the mold of Scalia. An executive branch run primarily by one of the most homophobic politicians in America. The mind boggles.

A Republican House. A Republican Senate. And a Republican President, whose first order of business will be to appoint a Supreme Court justice. There is nothing else in my life that I can recall that has ever been as terrifying.

Question is, what do we do now? The light of hope seems extinguished, and people truly have let hatred run their decisions. We are living in a absolute messed up world, and it seems like good people are a dying race. This my forum colleagues, is a shitty year. What would the Democratic party say? The Democratic party didn't screw Bernie, Bernie screwed Bernie. We needed a good Democratic party candidate and Bernie was our last bet. I voted Green this year, because they say something about giving a smaller party a money bonus? Because there was no way I was going to vote for any of those presidential parties, and I just hope the sting isn't as bad as people going to say.
#10  November 09, 2016, 06:26:06 am
    • USA
Look at bright side. The Republicans won't kill gay marriage. Try as they might, they won't kill ACA either. 4 years from now there won't be a wall surrounding Mexico and Washington will keep on bending itself to international trade. Once the Trump novelty is over Democrats can push for an actual lefwing politician that doesn't represent the absolute worst of their party.

...like they should've done with Bernie this time. Fuck the DNC.

Bush won twice so anything is possible really. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Trump ended up being reelected in 4 years.

USA was doomed no matter what anyway because both choices were awful (Basically pick your poison) but maybe this will end up convincing enough people to drop the two-party system before the next election... Although that implies the common people even have the power to do so to begin with :P
#11  November 09, 2016, 06:35:50 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
It's not the two party system. The greens and the libertarians are as whack as the democrats and republicans. It's the actual parties that need a purge. Believ it or not, the current party sytem does have its merits.

Oh also, Bush was a establishment republican whose views aligned almost perfectly with the party.
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:48:10 am by Old Wrinkled Scrotum
#12  November 09, 2016, 06:38:33 am
The people have no power, the DNC told everyone who to vote for. Media was in on it too, hell the internet was bought out by the Democrats. Too bad for them it backfired so, progress? Nah.

They have no one else to blame but themselves for this shitshow. Congress' approval rating is at amazing 11%, and their response is... to shit on the general public and borderline brainwash them into selecting the person they don't want? Would've worked in the year 2000, but the information age doesn't make it that easy anymore.

Even sadder, their "chosen one" lost to a political virgin who has absolutely no idea how the hell world economics work, among other things. And will unquestionably bring the US dollar to a new low. But it was either that or mushroom clouds.
#13  November 09, 2016, 06:51:07 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA

i'm so glad the guy who thinks cuckoo's nest-esque therapy on account of being gay and trans is a great idea has a secure spot in the most powerful building in this country and that my gf and i would both be candidates if it were ever be put into motion

yep. it's so great

I don't know what else to tell you except that I am so, so sorry.  We failed you.   
#14  November 09, 2016, 06:53:50 am
    • USA
Look at bright side. The Republicans won't kill gay marriage. Try as they might, they won't kill ACA either.
Marriage equality is unlikely to go away, but religious freedom bills will probably see their constitutionality affirmed by the Supreme Court. It was already a really shitty situation (a slight majority of states allow legal discrimination based on sexuality and/or gender identity), and now it's extremely likely that that will explicitly be enshrined into law.

Obamacare is already unpopular and Congress has tried every trick in the book in trying to throw it out. Sometimes the only thing that was preventing them from doing that was Obama's veto pen. That is now no longer an option.

Abortion rights have been slowly chipped away over the last few years. The issue will hit the Supreme Court very soon, and while Roe V. Wade is unlikely to be overturned, the horrific restrictions and limitations to abortion being put in place across the country will likely be enshrined into law.

And that's all the tip of the iceberg. This disaster is truly uncalculable.

Question is, what do we do now?
Vote. Vote in every election, from something as small as school boards to presidential races. Join groups advocating the causes you believe in. Donate. Protest. Organize.
#15  November 09, 2016, 07:00:00 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Abortion rights have been slowly chipped away over the last few years. The issue will hit the Supreme Court very soon, and while Roe V. Wade is unlikely to be overturned, the horrific restrictions and limitations to abortion being put in place across the country will likely be enshrined into law.
Oh shit. The republicans have the seats to defund planed parenthood an do even worse now. That is pretty terrible, I concede.

Can they still kill Obamacare without the Supreme Court? 
#16  November 09, 2016, 07:03:11 am
    • USA
Yes. They've come very close a lot in the past two years, when both chambers of Congress went Republican.
#17  November 09, 2016, 07:31:50 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Looking forward to Trump vs Yeezy in 2020
#18  November 09, 2016, 07:38:21 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
If we're smarter we'll run Oprah
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#19  November 09, 2016, 07:43:30 am
Versus Milo Yiannopoulos, I'd be for Celebrity Deathmatch every four years.

Government should be proud of themselves, they've turned the most prestigious position of American power into a punch line. But I'm sure they'll get those anti-establishment rebels to vote the "proper" candidates in 2020.
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:48:28 am by Niitris
#20  November 09, 2016, 07:49:52 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
We'll see you guys hopefully without America being a burning, smoldering corpse in a couple months